X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rorep
    • Jan 2018

Spotty on Synology: Can not login in Spotify

Hi,

I'm using the logitech server on my Synology NAS. I installed the Spotty plugin and restartet the Media Server. In the Spotty plugin settings i tried to set up my Spotify Account, but i get Authentication Errors all the time. On my mobile and PC i can not see the Spotty target, in the Spotify App. So both authentication workflows do not work.

I updated the NAS system, the Logitech server and even yesterday the Spotty plugin to version 2.0. Still no success.

What am i missing?

best
    robert
  • mherger
    Babelfish's Best Boy
    • Apr 2005

Spotty on Synology: Can not login inSpotify

> I'm using the logitech server on my Synology NAS. I installed the Spotty
    > plugin and restartet the Media Server. In the Spotty plugin settings i
    > tried to set up my Spotify Account, but i get Authentication Errors all
    > the time. On my mobile and PC i can not see the Spotty target, in the
    > Spotify App. So both authentication workflows do not work.

Did you try entering username/password, too? What Synology NAS model?
    What DSM version?

--

Michael
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• rorep
      • Jan 2018

hi,

yes i entered the username / password: -> Login failed

I have a DS215j with DSM 6.1.4-15217 Update 5.

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1504317335 @ Mon Sep 4 22:13:00 UTC 2017

The DS215j has a MARVELL Armada 375 88F6720 processor.

best
      robert

Comment

• mherger
        Babelfish's Best Boy
        • Apr 2005

> yes i entered the username / password: -> Login failed

Are you using any special character in your password? I think percent
        sign and @ are known to cause problems.

> I have a DS215j with DSM 6.1.4-15217 Update 5.

That should be perfectly fine. Would the settings page report the helper
        version number? Or don't you get it, because you can't get past the auth
        screen?

--

Michael
        Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

• rorep
          • Jan 2018

wow, thx for your fast feedback unfortunately i do not get notifications, so my answer is delayed...

indeed it was the password. i couldn't imagine that a "$" sign makes trouble nowadays. passwords with out special chars are not so save. but anyway, it's ok for spotify.

again thx for your great and light speed support.

robert

Comment

• JoseA
            • Apr 2018

Spotty on Synology: Spotify is empty

Hi,

Here is what I have :

DS214play with DSM 6.1.6-15266
            Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1-166
            Spotty v2.2.2

I managed to log in to my Spotify account.
            Spotify Connect finds my Squeezebox Touch

I have Spotty on my applications but when I open it all the menus are empty.

What am i missing ?

All this is new for me and I did not find the same case in the forum.

Best regards
            José

Comment

• mherger
              Babelfish's Best Boy
              • Apr 2005

> What am i missing ?

Check server.log.

--

Michael
              Michael

Comment

• JoseA
                • Apr 2018

Hi Michael,

[18-04-02 11:12:33.1195] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.1, 1504317335, Mon Sep 4 22:13:00 UTC 2017) perl 5.024000 - i686-linux
                [18-04-02 11:16:40.0099] Plugins::Spotty::Connect:aemon::_checkStartTimes (102) The spotty helper has crashed 3 times within less than 5 minutes - disable local announcement of the Connect daemon.
                [18-04-02 11:56:07.3693] Plugins::Spotty::API::getToken (128) Failed to get Spotify access token: malformed JSON string, neither tag, array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "error getting token ...") at /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/API.pm line 125.

error getting token MercuryError
                [18-04-02 11:56:07.3704] Plugins::Spotty::API::getToken (145) Failed to get Spotify access token
                [18-04-02 11:56:19.2893] Slim:isplay:isplay::string (888) Error: missing string RADIOIO
                [18-04-02 11:56:19.2908] Slim:isplay:isplay::string (888) Backtrace:

Comment

• mherger
                  Babelfish's Best Boy
                  • Apr 2005

You could set plugin.spotty to INFO in Settings/Advanced/Logging, then
                  try again. This would give us more information. What I see from your log
                  file so far is that it fails to receive a token it needs to access the
                  web services. That's why you would get empty menus. But it can be caused
                  by corrupted credentials, a networking issue, or more other reasons.
                  --

Michael
                  Michael

Comment

• JoseA
                    • Apr 2018

With plugin.spotty set to INFO

[18-04-02 20:21:33.6706] Plugins::Spotty::API::getToken (121) Trying to get access token: /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/i386-linux/spotty -n Squeezebox -c "/volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/spotty/f362457f" -i abcdef1234567890 --get-token --scope "user-read-private,user-follow-modify,user-follow-read,user-library-read,user-library-modify,user-top-read,user-read-recently-played,user-read-playback-state,user-modify-playback-state,playlist-read-private,playlist-read-collaborative,playlist-modify-public,playlist-modify-private"
                    [18-04-02 20:21:34.2237] Plugins::Spotty::API::getToken (124) Got response: error getting token MercuryError
                    [18-04-02 20:21:34.2254] Plugins::Spotty::API::getToken (128) Failed to get Spotify access token: malformed JSON string, neither tag, array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "error getting token ...") at /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/API.pm line 125.

[18-04-02 20:21:34.2270] Plugins::Spotty::API::getToken (145) Failed to get Spotify access token
                    [18-04-02 20:21:42.2756] Slim:isplay:isplay::string (888) Error: missing string RADIOIO
                    [18-04-02 20:21:42.2771] Slim:isplay:isplay::string (888) Backtrace:

Jose

Comment

• JoseA
                      • Apr 2018

With plugin.spotty set to INFO

[18-04-02 20:21:33.6706] Plugins::Spotty::API::getToken (121) Trying to get access token: /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/i386-linux/spotty -n Squeezebox -c "/volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/spotty/f362457f" -i abcdef1234567890 --get-token --scope "user-read-private,user-follow-modify,user-follow-read,user-library-read,user-library-modify,user-top-read,user-read-recently-played,user-read-playback-state,user-modify-playback-state,playlist-read-private,playlist-read-collaborative,playlist-modify-public,playlist-modify-private"
                      [18-04-02 20:21:34.2237] Plugins::Spotty::API::getToken (124) Got response: error getting token MercuryError
                      [18-04-02 20:21:34.2254] Plugins::Spotty::API::getToken (128) Failed to get Spotify access token: malformed JSON string, neither tag, array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "error getting token ...") at /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/API.pm line 125.

[18-04-02 20:21:34.2270] Plugins::Spotty::API::getToken (145) Failed to get Spotify access token
                      [18-04-02 20:21:42.2756] Slim:isplay:isplay::string (888) Error: missing string RADIOIO
                      [18-04-02 20:21:42.2771] Slim:isplay:isplay::string (888) Backtrace:

Jose

Comment

• mherger
                        Babelfish's Best Boy
                        • Apr 2005

Can you double-check your credentials? Remove them and re-add them?
                        Michael

Comment

• JoseA
                          • Apr 2018

The smart authorization seems to fail, I don't see Spotty Authentication on the computer app or on my iPhone.

Should I enter the username and password manually in the advanced setting ?

Jose

Comment

• mherger
                            Babelfish's Best Boy
                            • Apr 2005

Whatever works.

> Am 02.04.2018 um 20:26 schrieb JoseA <JoseA.8f44co (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:
                            >
                            >
                            > The smart authorization seems to fail, I don't see Spotty Authentication
                            > on the computer app or on my iPhone.
                            >
                            > Should I enter the username and password manually in the advanced
                            > setting ?
                            >
                            > Jose
                            >
                            >
                            > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            > JoseA's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=68002
                            > View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=108574
                            >
                            >
                            Michael

Comment

• JoseA
                              • Apr 2018

Spotty on Synology: Spotify is empty

The manual entry works but menus are still empty

[18-04-02 21:38:48.7346] Plugins::Spotty::API::getToken (121) Trying to get access token: /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/i386-linux/spotty -n Squeezebox -c "/volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/spotty/f362457f" -i abcdef1234567890 --get-token --scope "user-read-private,user-follow-modify,user-follow-read,user-library-read,user-library-modify,user-top-read,user-read-recently-played,user-read-playback-state,user-modify-playback-state,playlist-read-private,playlist-read-collaborative,playlist-modify-public,playlist-modify-private"
                              [18-04-02 21:38:49.1651] Plugins::Spotty::API::getToken (124) Got response: error getting token MercuryError
                              [18-04-02 21:38:49.1663] Plugins::Spotty::API::getToken (128) Failed to get Spotify access token: malformed JSON string, neither tag, array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "error getting token ...") at /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/API.pm line 125.

[18-04-02 21:38:49.1671] Plugins::Spotty::API::getToken (145) Failed to get Spotify access token
                              [18-04-02 21:39:05.2372] Slim:isplay:isplay::string (888) Error: missing string RADIOIO
                              [18-04-02 21:39:05.2386] Slim:isplay:isplay::string (888) Backtrace:

Comment

Working...