Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Radio won't connect to a new hotspot

Hello,

I got 2 squeezebox radios working fine, both on Wifi. I got a new Wifi router (Arris-TG1652), and I tried to switch my radios to the new router without success.
    Is there any known limitations on wifi except the 11+ channel?

I tried the following :
    I enabled only 2.4Ghz on my router, on channel 1, with both WPA and WPA2 (Mixed mode). The SSID is unique. I used a simple password (12345678). I tried WPS and password association, both failed. When I ssh to my squeezebox (with old router), with wpa_cli SCAN_RESULTS it shows that new and old router support WPS + WPA and WPA2.
    When I use WPS with simple password, the association led stop blinking on the router, but association still fails. When I use complex password, WPS button is still blinking on router (as if it never saw my radio).
    Other devices connects fine on WPS or with password to the router.

Squeezebox radio still connect to old router with WPS, after factory reset.

Have you any idea of the cause/ parameters I should change, or any log I should monitor on radio to see what happens?

Thanks

Don't bother with WPS. It only adds complexity to setup and no real security benefit. Just use WPA2 alone (not WPA+WPA2).

Connecting to a hotspot or just another router? Hotspot typically requires password screen (not encryption password) to access. Radio cannot see nor respond to these screens.

Sorry for my bad english : it's a new routeur, without login/password page when pairing devices(so, not a hotspot).
    I've tried with WPA2 only + password (not WPS), result is the same : no connection is made.

I suspect some implementation of Wifi specifications in the new routeur not supported by squeezebox , but I don't know which one.

Quote Originally Posted by kray View Post
    Sorry for my bad english : it's a new routeur, without login/password page when pairing devices(so, not a hotspot).
    I've tried with WPA2 only + password (not WPS), result is the same : no connection is made.

I suspect some implementation of Wifi specifications in the new routeur not supported by squeezebox , but I don't know which one.
    I doubt new router incompatibility - I've had many new routers, different vendors and all of them connected out of the box even with "fancy" new features such as channel bonding, "n" etc enabled.
    1. Don;t use WPS
    2. Use WPA2-PSK [AES] and don't use setting which has WPA2-PSK [AES] & WPA2-PSK [TKIP]
    3. Go into Radio Network menu and make sure each time router settings are changed that you make sure Radio scans for all Networks again - if you see your network SSID network that maybe old router data cached - don't select until new scan is done.

You have to enable g mode and use 2.4gHz n ac and 5gHz are not supported
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Solved

Thanks !
    In fact, the 2.4Ghz network was in B/G mode on my router. I set it in B/G/N mode and now it's working !