Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast

[Announce] Spotty 2.0.0 - Spotify Connect for your Squeezebox

Now with Windows support - at last!

As otherwise this is basically the same as 1.99.x with improved Windows support, I'll re-post the announcement :-).

Except for how to enable the feature. Read all of this announcement to get things working!

• Control Spotify playback on your Squeezebox using Spotify's applications (desktop, mobile)
    • Get access to (some of - see below) the Spotify content which is not available through their API yet, thus can't be accessed through the plugin
    • Transfer Spotify playback from your office Squeezebox to your phone to your car to your phone to your home Squeezebox

It's a bit of a hack, but it seems to be working reasonably well. So here's the list of open issues and limitations I'm aware of:

• For whatever reason Spotify would not allow me to play Podcasts to Spotty
    • Squeezebox would show the next track's metadata 5-10s before it actually starts playing (whil the previous track was still active)
    • Spotify's limitations apply: if you play music to your Squeezebox using Connect, you cannot listen to Spotify on your phone or any other Spotify Connect endpoint.
    • Doesn't work with password protection on LMS.

If you want to give Spotty Connect a try, go to the LMS web UI, Settings/Player/Spotty, and enable the feature for the device(s) you want. Please note that every activated player will launch a daemon in the background. Be careful if you run LMS on a NAS with 256MB or even less...

PS: NAS devices known to be compatible or not with Spotty at this point:
    • Synology: check out your model in the CPU architecture overview. If it's in the Intel x86-*, or armv7 section, then you're fine. Make sure you're running the latest DSM and LMSRepack or LMSUpdate. Otherwise I'm sorry.
    • ReadyNAS: The old Sparc based devices (Duo, NV), as well as their ARMv5 based successors (Duo v2, NV v2) will not work. On newer models you might need to manually install IO::Socket::SSL.
    • QNAP: similarly to Synology there are many different models. Unfortunately I haven't found a good overview. If you're on Intel, then you should be fine. ARM - depends on what exact model. You, too, might need to install IO::Socket::SSL
    Last edited by mherger; 2018-01-13 at 04:26.
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo

Excellent.. Have you managed to find a way of Spotty playing on the selected player rather than the last player/current player that is on? For example...

If the Dining Room Radio is on and I select Kitchen Radio then it will play on the Dining Room Radio even though it shows its playing on Kitchen Radio on the Spotify app. My players are sync'd so I don't know if that causes issues?

Other than above it has been super stable and well chuffed with it

Cheers

A quick test gives an impressive improvement Seems super stable and everything just works - skip, volume, switching between playlists. Amazing!
    //Johan

Windows 10
    LMS 7.9.1
    Local Player Plugin (Squeezelite)
    Intel Compute Stick

Spotty working in LMS but not Connect for players

I updated to 2.0 and enabled my piCore server in the Spotify mobile app. So the API app works in LMS.
    But when I try to enable a player, the mobile app doesn't give it as an option. What am I missing? I've tried restarting LMS after applying the enable checkbox, restarting with the checkbox empty... can't get Spotify to show my players as options.
    Thanks for your continued excellent work for LMS, Michael.

[Announce] Spotty 2.0.0 - SpotifyConnect for your Squeezebox

> A quick test gives an impressive improvement Seems super stable and
    > everything just works - skip, volume, switching between playlists.
    > Amazing!

If you're on Windows, then I'd say this is the first version which
    actually works... I'm glad you can confirm.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by maddymarc View Post
    can't get Spotify to show my players as options.
    I used the web player instead and added players to Connect. All working now.

tnx again Michael for this great work!

Seems to work great. All my boxes are sync'ed so hoping for the best.
    Three family accounts.
    LMS on Windows 10 (as a server)
    LMS (latest nightly) on Windows 10 (1803) as a Server (and Raspberry PiCoreplayer as backup LMS)
    Squeexebox Touch
    Squeezebox Boom
    Squeezebox Radio
    Squeezebox Classic
    Picoreplayer's

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post

If you're on Windows, then I'd say this is the first version which
    actually works... I'm glad you can confirm.

--

Michael
    Indeed.

I noticed that after having turned my Touch off and when turning it on and resuming play, the last played song of the playlist keeps repeating itself infinetely. "Squeezelite" (the player that was selected for the playlist) is also then no longer a selectable device. Exiting the Spotify app on the phone and entering again seems to solve the problem.

This isn't a huge problem but I thought I'd mention it.

server.log.zip
    //Johan

Windows 10
    LMS 7.9.1
    Local Player Plugin (Squeezelite)
    Intel Compute Stick

Quote Originally Posted by Nomen Nescio View Post
    tnx again Michael for this great work!

Seems to work great. All my boxes are sync'ed so hoping for the best.
    Three family accounts.
    LMS on Windows 10 (as a server)
    Something goes wrong. Just one number from a playlist like daily mix or easy 80's is playing over and over.
    LMS (latest nightly) on Windows 10 (1803) as a Server (and Raspberry PiCoreplayer as backup LMS)
    Squeexebox Touch
    Squeezebox Boom
    Squeezebox Radio
    Squeezebox Classic
    Picoreplayer's

Great work!
    I loved to see the how you continue to refine this awesome feature of LMS!

A minor detail, on my SB3 I use MIS to show details about the now playing song.
    I wish to show PLAYTIME / SONGTIME but SONGTIME is always 0:00 when playing from spotify (Spotify app+connect or Spotty in LMS)

PS. Are we supposed to move our discussion over to this thread, from previous 1.9.0 thread?
    -I now see two parallel threads being active...
    NAS: QNAP TS-459U+ QTS 4.2.6 (4x 2TB, RAID5)
    Services: LMS 7.9.1 , QLMS 1.07.3 QLMS at QNAP club
    Squeezebox: 6x Reciever, 3x Boom, 2x SB3 Classic
    Other: iPeng on iPad and iPhone