Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Squeezelite is the player
    Jivelite is the User Interface Screen (UI)
    PiCoreplayer is the "System"

Have you got a screen attached ?
    No, trying to go screenless.

I've got a prototype working utilizing a butchered wireless keyboard and arcade machine controllers.
    Volume, track advance play/pause and power all working. I just want to figure out a way of making a favourite play with one touch. I'm assuming that will be through using play_preset and set_preset.

I'll get there

Quote Originally Posted by ryangodammit View Post
    No, trying to go screenless.

I've got a prototype working utilizing a butchered wireless keyboard and arcade machine controllers.
    Volume, track advance play/pause and power all working. I just want to figure out a way of making a favourite play with one touch. I'm assuming that will be through using play_preset and set_preset.

I'll get there
    I thought I'd clear that up for Ralphy et al, I think they thought you were using Jivelite.

I'm not sure if the controls are the same for Jivelite and Squeezelite (I only use Jivelite for my players)

Hopefully they will clarify

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLiteX,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLiteX
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    I thought I'd clear that up for Ralphy et al, I think they thought you were using Jivelite.

I'm not sure if the controls are the same for Jivelite and Squeezelite (I only use Jivelite for my players)

Hopefully they will clarify

Jeff
    I am using Jivelite, squeezelite doesn't have any keyboard control functions.

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of the InputToActionMap.lua file so I can change the set_preset_1 key to a key that doesn't require shift.

InputToActionMap.lua doesn't seem to be in the same place as stated in the instructional post https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post883651

I have found it in the ./tmp folder and the ./opt folder but have yet not tested changing these ones. Shall I give it a try? Whats the best way of rolling back to a copy of picoreplayer I know I haven't broken- make an iso copy?

I am using Jivelite, squeezelite doesn't have any keyboard control functions.

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of the InputToActionMap.lua file so I can change the set_preset_1 key to a key that doesn't require shift.

InputToActionMap.lua doesn't seem to be in the same place as stated in the instructional post https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post883651

I have found it in the ./tmp folder and the ./opt folder but have yet not tested changing these ones. Shall I give it a try? Whats the best way of rolling back to a copy of picoreplayer I know I haven't broken- make an iso copy?
    It's located at /tmp/tcloop/pcp-jivelite/opt/jivelite/share/jive/jive/InputToActionMap.lua in pcp, but it's read only. You need to copy it as I described in that post.

The set_preset_N keys map to HOLDING the function keys FN however the InputToActionMap.lua file only includes a mapping for setting preset 1 with a "standard key press".

To set presets 2-6 you have to press and hold the corresponding function key.

The number keys play a preset, if a value has been set.

Note that although lms supports 10 presets for each player from 0-9 both jivelite and squeezeplay only support setting 1-6 thought the keyboard interface, which is what lirc uses to communicate with jivelite.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    It's located at /tmp/tcloop/pcp-jivelite/opt/jivelite/share/jive/jive/InputToActionMap.lua in pcp, but it's read only. You need to copy it as I described in that post.

The set_preset_N keys map to HOLDING the function keys FN however the InputToActionMap.lua file only includes a mapping for setting preset 1 with a "standard key press".

To set presets 2-6 you have to press and hold the corresponding function key.

The number keys play a preset, if a value has been set.

Note that although lms supports 10 presets for each player from 0-9 both jivelite and squeezeplay only support setting 1-6 thought the keyboard interface, which is what lirc uses to communicate with jivelite.
    Thanks Ralphy, that should still work for me.

Am I able to set a preset to play a favourite?

Thanks Ralphy, that should still work for me.

Am I able to set a preset to play a favourite?
    Not directly that I'm aware. Just the obvious, start playing the favourite and then save it as a preset.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.