Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 284
  1. #261
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,787
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    3. here, what happens is that the memorized volume to each player (i.e. the volume when being part of the group) is being adjusted with the ratio applied to the virtual player. Now, this is just the memorized volume that is being changed, the current volume of the real player is unaffected because it is not part of the group at that time
    I don't think I understand what this means. What would you expect to happen if I changed the volume of the virtual player to 50% before starting playback? I would expect all the real players to have a volume of 50% if they had previously had an "in group volume" of 100% when the virtual player volume was 100%.


    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  2. #262
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,551
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I don't think I understand what this means. What would you expect to happen if I changed the volume of the virtual player to 50% before starting playback? I would expect all the real players to have a volume of 50% if they had previously had an "in group volume" of 100% when the virtual player volume was 100%.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    If the volume of a stopped virtual is N and you change it to P, then the *memorized* (or in-group) volume of all members will be affected by a P/N ratio. So, I agree that if you are *sure* that all members have an *assembled* volume of X, then when re-assembled, they will have X*P/N.

    In your example, if the virtual and all real (in-group) volume is 100, then if you reduce the virtual to 50, then all real should be divided by 2, so 50 when assembled.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  3. #263
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    UK, Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    440
    My head hurts now
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

  4. #264
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    My head hurts now
    Why is that?
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  5. #265
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,787
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    If the volume of a stopped virtual is N and you change it to P, then the *memorized* (or in-group) volume of all members will be affected by a P/N ratio. So, I agree that if you are *sure* that all members have an *assembled* volume of X, then when re-assembled, they will have X*P/N.

    In your example, if the virtual and all real (in-group) volume is 100, then if you reduce the virtual to 50, then all real should be divided by 2, so 50 when assembled.
    Hmm I just tried this again and it worked as you say. I have definitely seen the players in a group fall out of sync with the virtual player volume. I'll play around around with it more tomorrow to try to work out when it happens.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  6. #266
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    UK, Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Why is that?
    Probably just tired after long day but cannot follow all explanations with full understanding..

    Will try again tomorrow
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

  7. #267
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,551

    ANNOUNCE: Group Players

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    Probably just tired after long day but cannot follow all explanations with full understanding..

    Will try again tomorrow
    The short answer is when you change the volume of the group player by X%, all members are changed by the same percentage.

    If you want everybody to have the same absolute value, set the group player to 0 then set it to the desired value. All members will follow.
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-03-18 at 22:52.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  8. #268
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,787
    It seems I can get the virtual player volume out of sync with the actual players by just changing the volume a few times.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  9. #269
    Last night I had a group player just flat out refuse to play a spotify playlist. After trying "play" and "skip track" multiple times I gave up and manually synced the two players and it worked fine after.

    Out of curiosity does the group player add bandwidth to the whole ordeal as though there was literally an additional player?
    1 Touch
    4 Receivers
    3 Controllers
    3 Radios
    (I think I have a problem)

  10. #270
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,551
    Quote Originally Posted by FredFredrickson View Post
    Last night I had a group player just flat out refuse to play a spotify playlist. After trying "play" and "skip track" multiple times I gave up and manually synced the two players and it worked fine after.

    Out of curiosity does the group player add bandwidth to the whole ordeal as though there was literally an additional player?
    No BW added, the audio is not processed but the virtual player.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •