Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_rb View Post
    Works a treat! Top top man. Doesn't appear to restore playlists to players that are sync'd together before they are grabbed by the Group Player. Therefore I will not leave any players sync'd from now on and just rely on the "Groups" to do my syncing.
    Are you sure? I tried 3 times and every time I got the playlist of the sync group restored. The code allowed that.
    When I breap up a group, the playlist, for each player I first unsync it and re-sync it with it previous sync group if any - LMS will copy the playlist from the other sync group players.
    Then, if that player is happens to be alone in its sync group, I restore the playlist from what I memorized when the Group Player was assembled.
    With that logic, if all players of a sync group happens to be part of a Group Player, then when the first one is detached, there will be no "remaining" sync group member yet, so LMS can't reset the playlist, so I do it. Then when I detach the second one of the former sync group, LMS will grap the playlist from the first detached one and I won't do anything ... and so on
    With that said I have a couple more ideas to make it all a bit smoother with my setup (might be useful to others I don't know).

1. Is it possible that when you turn on the "Group" player that if a slave player is playing that it grabs that playlist? Reason I say that is if I'm playing to the Lounge Radio instead of the group then want to turn the Radio on in the Kitchen to listen to same song then I would have to load iPeng or the LMS web ui to sync them. I currently use Siri for everything so I could say turn on "All Players" which would turn on the group which would grab the players and then grab the playlist from the currently playing player as it grabs it. Then I can say turn on the "Kitchen Radio". Hope that makes sense!
    I will think about it but what to do if more than one is playing? Last one wins? First one wins? nothing? It might also surprise some useer so I'll have to make it an option
    Can't thank you enough or all your efforts with this and with the other plugins. You have kept old and discontinued products alive and current. Same thanks goes to Michael for his help, particularly keeping LMS updated with fixes and his fabulous Spotty app - who would of thought Spotify Connect on our ageing LMS products!! Thank you all!
    You're welcome - Our LMS is in fact in a very good shape for a 5-years-old-discontinued-product. I'm afraid that Logitech will decide to pull it back because of the raise of smart homes and smart speakers
    And I agree, what Michael is doing in general and with Spotty in particuler is fabulous. He supports my efforts a lot and without his advices, I would not be able to do what I do
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Are you sure? I tried 3 times and every time I got the playlist of the sync group restored. The code allowed that.
    When I breap up a group, the playlist, for each player I first unsync it and re-sync it with it previous sync group if any - LMS will copy the playlist from the other sync group players.
    Then, if that player is happens to be alone in its sync group, I restore the playlist from what I memorized when the Group Player was assembled.
    With that logic, if all players of a sync group happens to be part of a Group Player, then when the first one is detached, there will be no "remaining" sync group member yet, so LMS can't reset the playlist, so I do it. Then when I detach the second one of the former sync group, LMS will grap the playlist from the first detached one and I won't do anything ... and so on

I will think about it but what to do if more than one is playing? Last one wins? First one wins? nothing? It might also surprise some useer so I'll have to make it an option

You're welcome - Our LMS is in fact in a very good shape for a 5-years-old-discontinued-product. I'm afraid that Logitech will decide to pull it back because of the raise of smart homes and smart speakers
    And I agree, what Michael is doing in general and with Spotty in particuler is fabulous. He supports my efforts a lot and without his advices, I would not be able to do what I do
    Thanks for the reply. I will test again and get back to you. I only tried once.

I agree in regards to the what player if more than one is playing, maybe an option like you said for first/last or maybe set an Alpha Male style player which takes precedent which would be my living room radio for example. I don't know how complicated all this is to do.

Logitech have missed a trick with LMS and sure they regret it now. Great community and people like yourself have made me invest more into the eco system long after it was discontinued.

Thanks again Philippe

Something I have noticed is the volume between players is erratic and can't figure whats going on.. Some of them when they are broken up are 0. When they are grabbed by the Group player they are then at 100%. I understand how the Group Volume turns them up and down together relatively. Very strange, would there be a way/option of setting them all to ay 50% when grabbed? Again this might not be for some people but may work for others..

Sorry, I'm giving you all this extra work lol. Thanks for reading though

ANNOUNCE: Group Players

> 1. Is it possible that when you turn on the "Group" player that if a
    > slave player is playing that it grabs that playlist? Reason I say that

I think that's similar as the "continue playback on a different player"
    use case. I would have suggested give the "Music Walk with me" plugin.
    But I haven't tested it with Groups, yet.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > 1. Is it possible that when you turn on the "Group" player that if a
    > slave player is playing that it grabs that playlist? Reason I say that

I think that's similar as the "continue playback on a different player"
    use case. I would have suggested give the "Music Walk with me" plugin.
    But I haven't tested it with Groups, yet.

--

Michael
    Thanks Michael, just installed the plugin you mentioned. Will test later, do I have to open iPeng or LMS UI to transfer the playlist?

Cheers!!!

In iPeng you can just swipe right on the target player to switch the playlist over.
    What I don’t understand: how do you control the Squeezebox through Siri?
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    In iPeng you can just swipe right on the target player to switch the playlist over.
    What I don’t understand: how do you control the Squeezebox through Siri?
    I use a program called Domoticz, that has all my players inside. I have created virtual switches that control volume and power state of each player. I then use Homebridge, with edomoticz plugin and expose the virtual switches which control volume and power. I can now say.. "Turn on the Kitchen Radio" or "Turn on the radio in the Kitchen". "Set the Kitchen Radio to 60% etc... And it all works. Also in the Home app you can change the volume and power states for each player.

So the Music walk with me sounds great, it wouldn't work too well with the above setup.

If you want more details on the above I can post some scripts I am using..

Cheers

No, that’s fine.
    But as you said, the plugin would not work with that unless it might have an API you can use.
    But I don’t think you’d need that, you could simulate the behavior in your control system by syncing and then unsyncing players.
    But I think all of this is OT here...
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_rb View Post
    Something I have noticed is the volume between players is erratic and can't figure whats going on.. Some of them when they are broken up are 0. When they are grabbed by the Group player they are then at 100%. I understand how the Group Volume turns them up and down together relatively. Very strange, would there be a way/option of setting them all to ay 50% when grabbed? Again this might not be for some people but may work for others..

Sorry, I'm giving you all this extra work lol. Thanks for reading though
    Corrected a few things in volume management when the group is assembled. I think I'd better make that work properly rather than adding options.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Corrected a few things in volume management when the group is assembled. I think I'd better make that work properly rather than adding options.
    Is it possible to add the ability to edit the player name for the group? I ask as I'm using Ha Bridge for using Alexa and it needs the Mac address. I'm trying to keep the names I'm using in LMS and Ha Bridge the same. If I want to change the name of the group player I have to create a new one which in turn gives it a new Mac address. Then I have to update all the mac address inside Ha bridge. Being able to edit the name would make life easier. Thanks for another great plugin!