Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philippe_44
    • May 2008

Originally posted by slartibartfast
    It seems I can get the virtual player volume out of sync with the actual players by just changing the volume a few times.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    You know that material does not seem to refresh display of members' volume when you change the virtual? You need to refresh the UI
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• slartibartfast
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by philippe_44
      You know that material does not seem to refresh display of members' volume when you change the virtual? You need to refresh the UI
      Yes that has caught me out before but now I am wise to it. I still can't pinpoint what the cause is. Would logging help if it happens again?

Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
      Bedroom: Radio
      Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• philippe_44
        • May 2008

Looked a bit further and the issue seems to be specific (TBC) to Material. I have to look at what it does wrt volume of Groups
        LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• slartibartfast
          • Jan 2010

Looked a bit further and the issue seems to be specific (TBC) to Material. I have to look at what it does wrt volume of Groups
          I think I am seeing the same issue in the default web UI.

Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF

Comment

• philippe_44
            • May 2008

I think I am seeing the same issue in the default web UI.

Have you made sure that the Material UI is closed on *every* controller?

Comment

• slartibartfast
              • Jan 2010

No I was leaving it open to see how the two UIs compared. Now I have closed it I haven't seen the issue so far.

Comment

• cpd73
                • Mar 2017

Yeah, neither Material's group volume dialog nor manage players dialogs were refreshing the player status of sync members when one changed - I guess I was hoping LMS would send a timely update, but it appears it does not. I have update the code to refresh each player when one is updated. But I fail to see how having Material open would effect the workings of the default UI? Material will not, or at least should not, be sending volume updates unless initiated by the user. (This can be confirmed by using your browser's network tab in dev tools to see any outgoing volume change requests).

I have noticed 1 oddity though - and that is to do with muting players. (And this could be Material's fault). If I mute the group player, the member player's volumes change to 0. If I then unmute, they all become 0. I have set all my players, even the group, to sync volume - so perhaps this is the cause?
                Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Comment

• philippe_44
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by cpd73
                  I have noticed 1 oddity though - and that is to do with muting players. (And this could be Material's fault). If I mute the group player, the member player's volumes change to 0. If I then unmute, they all become 0. I have set all my players, even the group, to sync volume - so perhaps this is the cause?
                  Crap, you're right! There has been some changes in the volume sync recently and in addition I forgot to disable volume sync attribute when the group is assembled and that is the cause of the issue. Volume is changed w/o notification!

Comment

• slartibartfast
                    • Jan 2010

I have two players in a group, a piCorePlayer and a Touch. I have the volumes of both players set to be equal to each other and when the group player volume is set to 100% both players are also 100%. I find that sometimes if I change the volume of the group player before starting playback to form the group then the player volumes are not always the same as the group player volume and the only way to fix this is to reduce the group player volume to zero. How can I troubleshoot this issue?

Comment

• Manlycookiebear
                      • Jan 2021

I was thinking about having two group players, each for one person. That person can then sync/unsync "real" players as they would please.

But I can't get this to work. The inital adding of real players to my group player works, but if I ungroup one real player I can't regroup that player the the person group via the normal sync command.

Is there a way around this or is my initial idea not possible with the group players?

Comment

• slartibartfast
                        • Jan 2010

I have had an issue for a while now where tracks would become duplicated in the database. More details here

I think I have narrowed the cause down to the Group Players plugin as the duplicated tracks have always been recently played on a group player. Since I uninstalled the Group Player plugin I haven't seen the issue.

Comment

• philippe_44
                          • May 2008

I have had an issue for a while now where tracks would become duplicated in the database. More details here

I think I have narrowed the cause down to the Group Players plugin as the duplicated tracks have always been recently played on a group player. Since I uninstalled the Group Player plugin I haven't seen the issue.

Have you tried latest 8.2 nightly and updated group player plugin

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

• slartibartfast
                            • Jan 2010

Have you tried latest 8.2 nightly and updated group player plugin

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
                            I uninstalled group player on July 13th and it was up to date then. I always keep LMS up to date. I can't think of any way the group player could be responsible but it seems to be.

Comment

• philippe_44
                              • May 2008

I uninstalled group player on July 13th and it was up to date then. I always keep LMS up to date. I can't think of any way the group player could be responsible but it seems to be.

The plugin restores a player's playlist when it is detached from a group, but that's all it does wrt playlist. I do not modify at all the database, so I have no idea what could be the mechanism by which it could be corrupted

Comment

• rgdawson
                                • Jan 2016

I'm new to Group Player. When I use Group Player to sync a piCore player and a Win10 PC running squeezelite (via Squeezelite-X), the sound becomes choppy. When I sync them manually, not using Group Player, everything is flawless. Any ideas why this might be the case and suggestions to try and correct?
                                Squeezelite-X

Comment

Working...