Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

ANNOUNCE: Group Players

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Knowing that the OP is the only one to see the problem, I think he has
    > by mistake statically linked players with the Group player
    >
    > I can suggest, Michael, that you change Daemon.pmn in Start()
    >
    > $self->name($client->isSynced() ? Slim::Player::Sync::syncname($client) : $client->name);
    >
    > by
    >
    > $self->name($client->isSynced() && $client->model ne 'group' ? Slim::Player::Sync::syncname($client) : $client->name);

I'll do that. Though I believe this will only "fix" the confusing
    naming, but not the underlying issue of players (group or not)
    disappearing and re-appearing - which does trigger the re-start of the
    daemon (with varying names).

Thanks for looking into this.

--

Michael
    Yes, totally agree. It will fix the symptom, not the cause.
    I assume as well that if players appear & disappear while the sync group is assembled, there will be playback interruption.
    I tried on my system as well and could not reproduce the issue, although, from time to time, in a different context, I have some players constantly going in and out, which is painful when using Shairtunes on synced players. I've tried to find the cause, but was never able to figure out. Probably some dropped STMt packet which cause LMS to think that the player has been disconnected, all that due to WiFi/other part of my network going nuts. It would do that for an hour or two every 30 seconds, then be fine for a week or a month. I usually end hitting the main home switch with anger
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2019-06-17 at 14:08.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Issue with IR-blaster plugin

Fantastic plugin, I love the functionnalities it brings to LMS.

Unfortunately, I have a SB3 with which I use the plugin IR-blaster to switch on/off the power amplifier connected to the SB3 output. This works perfectly, but with group player, I have an annoying issue :
    - the SB3 switch on the power amplifier when i switch on the group player
    - the SB3 does not switch off the power amplifier when i switch off the group player

Is any one of you does have the same issue ? Any idea to help me to solve this issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by yann View Post
    Fantastic plugin, I love the functionnalities it brings to LMS.

Unfortunately, I have a SB3 with which I use the plugin IR-blaster to switch on/off the power amplifier connected to the SB3 output. This works perfectly, but with group player, I have an annoying issue :
    - the SB3 switch on the power amplifier when i switch on the group player
    - the SB3 does not switch off the power amplifier when i switch off the group player

Is any one of you does have the same issue ? Any idea to help me to solve this issue ?
    The option Ďpower on/off all with Group Playerí should do that
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    The option Ďpower on/off all with Group Playerí should do that
    Actually, thanks to the option 'power on/off all with group' the SB3 switch on and off with the group. But due to my use of the IR-blaster plugin, I expect also that the SB3 switch on and off my power amplifier by sending IR signals through the IR blaster connected to back of the SB3. I does switch on the power amplifier when the SB3 is switched on with the group, but it does not switch off the power amplifier when the SB3 is switched off with the group. The power amplifier is switched off as expected if switch off the SB3 directly.

Is someone has the same configuration SB3 + IR-blaster plugin than me with the same issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by yann View Post
    Actually, thanks to the option 'power on/off all with group' the SB3 switch on and off with the group. But due to my use of the IR-blaster plugin, I expect also that the SB3 switch on and off my power amplifier by sending IR signals through the IR blaster connected to back of the SB3. I does switch on the power amplifier when the SB3 is switched on with the group, but it does not switch off the power amplifier when the SB3 is switched off with the group. The power amplifier is switched off as expected if switch off the SB3 directly.

Is someone has the same configuration SB3 + IR-blaster plugin than me with the same issue ?
    I don't know what's happening. I'm not using IR-blaster plugin. I did check the code and I think I send the instruction that would allow it to intercept the power on/off and if on works I can't see why off would not at this point

Code:
    	my $power = $prefs->client($client)->get('powerMaster');
    	main::INFOLOG && $log->is_info && $log->info("powering $on all members for ", $client->name) if $power;

# power on/off all connected members
    	foreach ( @{$prefs->client($client)->get('members') || [] } )	{
    		my $member = Slim::Player::Client::getClient($_);
    		next unless $member;
    		Slim::Control::Request::executeRequest($member, ['power', $on, $noplay]) if $power;
    		$member->pluginData(marker => 0);
    	}
    What do you have in log when you enable INFO level for Groups?

Some Incompatibility between MusicIP and Group Players

Hi Philippe and Michael,
    I found some incompatibility between the Group Players Plugin and the MusicIP plugin with following scenario:

- A group is playing local music.
    - Select from the "more" menu "Create Music IP Mix" which will create a list of proposed songs and on the top the option "Play this mix".
    - When selecting "Play this mix" the playlist is emptied and instead of transferring the proposed list of songs into the playlist of the group nothing happens - the playlist is empty and the group remains stopped (transferring single items of the proposed list to the playlist works though)

When not using a group but a single squeezebox or traditionally synced squeezeboxes, the procedure above works on my system and the new proposed list is played.
    I guess it has to do with the handling of playlists.
    I switched on debug log for both plugins, but nothing useful visible (no errors, no warnings....)
    Cheers,
    Frank

Hi guys, Iíve found a little bug with grouped players, at least in my config. Iím running the BruteFIR plugin to manage loudness controls on one of my player. It generates a custom-convert.conf file from a template file with the settings for my Squeezelite player.

If I start playback on that player, Sox is enabled and it provides me with proper loudness. Synching another player with it keeps the loudness .

However, If I start another player and then I add my loudness-enabled player, then Sox will never run, resulting in no loudness.

Starting playback on a group of players triggers the latter...

Iíll try to manually copy my rules in the base custom-config.conf file in case the other one is second in priority thus ignored. It is just a guess but Iíll try anyways. I did not see anything in the logs, even though Iíve changed the verbose mode.

Thanks, JS

ANNOUNCE: Group Players

Quote Originally Posted by Gobuleberbu View Post
    Hi guys, Iíve found a little bug with grouped players, at least in my config. Iím running the BruteFIR plugin to manage loudness controls on one of my player. It generates a custom-convert.conf file from a template file with the settings for my Squeezelite player.

If I start playback on that player, Sox is enabled and it provides me with proper loudness. Synching another player with it keeps the loudness .

However, If I start another player and then I add my loudness-enabled player, then Sox will never run, resulting in no loudness.

Starting playback on a group of players triggers the latter...

Iíll try to manually copy my rules in the base custom-config.conf file in case the other one is second in priority thus ignored. It is just a guess but Iíll try anyways. I did not see anything in the logs, even though Iíve changed the verbose mode.

Thanks, JS
    If I understood you correctly, the issue is not with Group Players plugin, but in general if the player with the BruteFIR plugin is not the master of a syncgroup, then the rule is not applied. I would guess itís due to conversion rules precedence logic for sync players. And because in a Group Player the master is a virtual player, then it can never work.
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2019-10-21 at 12:13.

Thanks Philippe, thatís what I thought.
    Thanks for taking the time to clarify :-)
    Great plugin btw!

I could be imagining this but I seem to remember being able to have two Radios in a group and being able to use them as a stereo pair when playing as a group ( by setting the output channel modes of the Radios to Left and Right channel), and when playing each Radio individually the output channel mode would revert to Both channels (Stereo). Is this possible or am I really imagining it?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk