Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    "You can just lick on the label"
    OMG, LMAO!

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Update Recap

Version 1.3.3 is currently in the MS Store.

Recent Changes include:

You can now define both the Http port and the CLI port to match how you have your Logitech Media Server configured. Typically 9000 is the http port ID and 9090 is the CLI port ID. These are the defaults fro LMS and those are the defaults for Squeezelite-X as well.

Media Key Integration was improved. The original approach used a Low-Level Keyboard hook, which didn't work well with Fast User Switching (e.g. having multiple users logged in each running an instance of Squeezelite-X at the same time. The new method is per session, so multiple instances logged into same machine to not interfere with each other.

Squeezelite-X will now not allow you to run multiple instances by the same user session. Different users can each have an instance running in different sessions.

I fixed a potential crash that could happen if you clicked on the tray icon before the browser thread had fully initialized (< ~1sec).

I updated the browser dlls to the latest Chromium Embedded Framework version.

I updated the credits tab to fully and more elegantly give credit to Open Source Software used to create Squeezelite-X.

That's about it. I think I'll leave it alone for awhile, as I don't have anything else I can think of to do.

Enjoy,

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Squeezelite-X updating

Hi Greg,

I seem to have a problem updating my Squeezelite-X install.
    As you say in the Microsoft Store Squeezelite-X is at v1.3.3 However my Squeezelite-X is at v1.2.0 according to "About"

I have tried licking "Update" but with no effect

Any ideas before I Un/Re install ?

Thanks
    Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 8.0 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Crashes at 24bit

Hi Greg,

first thanks for your work, your program is something I waitet for! One problem: fiddling around on two machines, win 10 and server 2016, squeezelite crashes when I try to play a 24bit flac, on every availible output device (ASIO, WASAPI, WDM-KS, MME, DirectSound, whatever).

Is it a simple question of the correct squeezelite parameters, or an general problem with squeezelite? Flew over the SqueezePlay thread by ralhpy (not allowed to post the link by board rules) but honestly, as a noob, I don't get the point there.

Thanks for helping!

Ed

EDIT: switched server from 2016 to 2012 R2, same behaviour
    Last edited by e.d.; 2018-02-24 at 10:20.

Media Keys no longer work

Hi Greg, After updating to 1.3.3 my media keys have stopped working all together.
    Did I do something wrong?

[Edit] Rebooting my client PC solved that problem. Sorry for the interruption.
    Last edited by oyvindo; 2018-02-24 at 14:34.
    QNAP TS-453Mini 4x3TB RAID5 QTS 4.3.4
    LMS 7.9.1 running in Docker
    Madsonic 6.2 running in Docker
    Plex running in Docker

QNAP HS-251 2x2TB RAID0, QTS 4.3.4
    Kodi 16.1 Jarvis

QNAP TS-119 1TB Single, QTS 4.3.3
    Almost Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Hi Greg,

I seem to have a problem updating my Squeezelite-X install.
    As you say in the Microsoft Store Squeezelite-X is at v1.3.3 However my Squeezelite-X is at v1.2.0 according to "About"

I have tried licking "Update" but with no effect

Any ideas before I Un/Re install ?

Thanks
    Jeff
    Jeff, Microsoft Store Apps will usually update on their own, but if yous does not, then open the Microsoft Store app. In upper right, to the right of the search bar, there is a "..." button. That brings up a menu and there click on "downloads and updates". There you should see any apps that have updates available. If that does not work, I don't know what to say other than uninstall/re-install from the store.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Greg,
    Squeezelite-X works perfectly for me.
    WOL starts my VortexBox LMS server as soon as I launch Squeezelite-X on my Win 8.1 laptop.

For users that have come in late and have Windows lower than Win10 and therefore can't use the Windows Store, download details are here :
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post886618

(Greg, perhaps you could put those details at the bottom of your opening post).

Well done and thank you again for an excellent app.
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Quote Originally Posted by oyvindo View Post
    Hi Greg, After updating to 1.3.3 my media keys have stopped working all together.
    If anything is wrong, I'm sure I did it. :-) The most recent change I made to Media Key Integration was to not have the media keys registered to SLX if the setting is set to "off". Previously, SLX always registered the media keys and then just ignored them if the setting was "off". The change makes the media keys available to other apps if you turn them off in SLX. I have not been able to reproduce your problem. Check your settings to make sure media key integration is enabled, and press "Apply" just for fun and see if that fixes it. I've check my logic to make sure there is not some pathway that SLX could be failing to register the media keys and I have not found any.

You can also see the application log and see if media key presses are getting recognized. Bottom right of Settings Page is a link "Application Log" clicking that will open a log window. Press a media key and see if it is reflected in the log window.

Another minor GUI tweak I made was this. Before, SLX would immediately refresh the browser screen when you pressed a media key. That would give the operator a bit of immediate positive feedback, but the downside was that if you were drilled down on the left browser pane, you would lose your place. So I removed the browser refresh and just let the browser update the play/pause or now playing graphic on its own update cycle which takes about 1 second or two or three.

R Greg Dawson
    Last edited by rgdawson; 2018-02-24 at 14:48. Reason: Removed duplicate signature
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by oyvindo View Post

[Edit] Rebooting my client PC solved that problem. Sorry for the interruption.
    I'm wondering if the way Windows updates an app while it is running caused your issue. When a running app is updated Windows will kill the app and then install the new version. I considered that when the app is terminated this way, it might fail to unregister the media keys and then the new version could not register them. So I tested this, and I did not see this issue. I could not reproduce it.

That said, I am thinking that when the store terminates the running app something might not be happening in the correct order or at all and it might be somewhat random order. I'm going to research this.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by Wirrunna View Post
    Greg,
    Squeezelite-X works perfectly for me.
    WOL starts my VortexBox LMS server as soon as I launch Squeezelite-X on my Win 8.1 laptop.

For users that have come in late and have Windows lower than Win10 and therefore can't use the Windows Store, download details are here :
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post886618

(Greg, perhaps you could put those details at the bottom of your opening post).

Well done and thank you again for an excellent app.
    I edited the first post as you requested. The link to the traditional installer is there at the bottom now. It should work on Windows 7 or later (not XP). Also be advised that the traditional installer does not make Squeezelite-X auto-start on login, you'll have to add it to your startup folder manually.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X