Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 216 of 224 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2240
    Quote Originally Posted by useiler View Post
    Hello
    I have automated my environment and use squeezeliteX (headless).

I shut down the Windows10 on my NUC at night with a script.
    The other day, in the afternoon I start the PC with wakeonLAN also with a script.

When I test the scripts, everything works fine. But when I use it in everyday life (shut down at night and let it start after a few hours), I always have to apply the settings page.
    Since I'm using it headless, that's not possible.
    Somehow I feel that the settings file is broken. I could create a clean file and copy it before starting - but I would need to know the filename and location
    SLX uses the Windows Registry for its settings. How are you shutting down SLX with a script? Is the squeezelite-x64.exe getting shut down too?

Btw, if you are going through the effort of scripting and running SLX headless, I'd probably say you should just be running the raw squeezelite-x64.exe application, instead?

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by Lestrad View Post
    Hello. I've been using Squeezelite-X on Windows 7 for a good while, but suddenly it just won't play nice. When I start it up I was getting the following error message:

Attachment 37074

I just uninstalled reinstalled it (again) and it starts up after a while, but it can't find my Squeezebox Touch. Despite the uninstall-reinstalls, it opens a playlist with music I was listening to a couple of months ago. LMS, meanwhile, which is working fine with the Touch, can't find the Squeezelite-X player anymore.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
    What version of SLX, btw? It sounds like a bunch of things going on, maybe network stuff. I don't know your environment, so hard to say. You might try using IP Address of LMS server instead of name.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    What version of SLX, btw? It sounds like a bunch of things going on, maybe network stuff. I don't know your environment, so hard to say. You might try using IP Address of LMS server instead of name.

R Greg Dawson
    Thanks for answering! Sorry, but I didn't get a notification of your post even though I'm supposed to be subscribed.

My SLK version is 2.7.7.0.

I just tried changing the Host Name to the IP as you suggest, and when I try to Apply I get the same message:

Code:
    System Error. Code: 123
    The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
    I also tried changing the Player name, with the same result.

Just what file, directory, or volume is it looking for there?

My LMS is running on a small Linux box that is in essence a NAS. It runs under Arch Linux:
    Code:
     Operating System: Arch Linux ARM
                Kernel: Linux 5.7.2-1-ARCH
                Architecture: arm
    My Logitech Media Server version is:
    Code:
    8.0.0 - ARCH-AUR-GIT.20200807.1a544e3 @ Fri Aug 7 10:34:38 UTC 2020
    Let me know if you need any other info.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - ARCH-AUR-GIT.20200807.1a544e3 running on Wandboard Quad, music library on USB HDD
    Squeezebox Touch plugged into run-of-the-mill stereo rig via Musical Fidelity X-Act, extra speakers in kitchen, basement, and bedroom connected by ordinary (not unidirectional) copper wire.

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    SLX uses the Windows Registry for its settings. How are you shutting down SLX with a script? Is the squeezelite-x64.exe getting shut down too?

Btw, if you are going through the effort of scripting and running SLX headless, I'd probably say you should just be running the raw squeezelite-x64.exe application, instead?

R Greg Dawson
    Actually I have written a home automation system with C.
    There I connect to the Windows 10 with SSH
    then I can enter my commands; as many as I want.
    In the command description of squeezeelite I did not find a command to shutdown squeezelite
    so I just shut down the computer:shutdown /t 0 /s
    I was hoping that Windows would signal squeezelite to shut down, I didn't want to just kill the squeezelite-x64.exe process. But maybe I have to?
    Finding the "squeezelite-x64.exe" was not so easy though, because when I installed it as an app, it is very well hidden.

Running the raw squeezelite-x64.exe, yeah why not. I don't know the difference between seqeezelite and sqeezeliteX, I was expecting it to be easier using squeezeliteX in a Windows X PC
    I used the APP because I was hesitant, I didn't want to compile it myself, as I remember on github there is "only" the source codes: https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezelite

Quote Originally Posted by useiler View Post
    Running the raw squeezelite-x64.exe, yeah why not. I don't know the difference between seqeezelite and sqeezeliteX, I was expecting it to be easier using squeezeliteX in a Windows X PC
    I used the APP because I was hesitant, I didn't want to compile it myself, as I remember on github there is "only" the source codes: https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezelite
    Squeezelite executables are available here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...s/squeezelite/

If you are also running LMS on the same PC, you should find the LocalPlayer plugin easier to use than having to use scripts to configure the squeezelite exe & control its execution.
    Last edited by Cebolla; 2022-02-03 at 16:21.

I decided to uninstall and reinstall again, this time removing references to SLX in the registry. Oddly, at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Media Player NSS\3.0\Devices\00-00-00-00-00-00, I have the following:

Name:  reg0.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  107.2 KB

Does that seem odd? Might it have something to do with the problem I'm having?
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - ARCH-AUR-GIT.20200807.1a544e3 running on Wandboard Quad, music library on USB HDD
    Squeezebox Touch plugged into run-of-the-mill stereo rig via Musical Fidelity X-Act, extra speakers in kitchen, basement, and bedroom connected by ordinary (not unidirectional) copper wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestrad View Post
    Does that seem odd? Might it have something to do with the problem I'm having?
    Not odd, if you have the UPnP/DLNA media interface plugin enabled on LMS and the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service (Windows' built-in DLNA server) enabled on the Windows machine - shouldn't think that would have anything to do with your actual problem. If you don't want your Squeezebox devices (including SqueezeliteX) to appear as UPnP/DLNA streamers on the network, disable the UPnP/DLNA media interface plugin (bear in mind this also stops LMS from being used as a UPnP/DLNA media server if you still require that function).

Quote Originally Posted by Cebolla View Post
    Squeezelite executables are available here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...s/squeezelite/

If you are also running LMS on the same PC, you should find the LocalPlayer plugin easier to use than having to use scripts to configure the squeezelite exe & control its execution.
    .exe: found it there and it works.

LMS is running on a linux server because other instances are streaming from there as well. But all in the subnet -> LMS found it
    Thank you

Squeezelite-X Browse Music Folder

Hi, is any chance, to add BROWSE MUSIC FOLDER? to your Squeezelite-X player? ThankYou

If you use Material Skin then there is an option to include this. Select Interface under Settings and scroll Down to Home Screen Settings and click the cog icon. You can then select / deselect various options including Music Folder and Diss and Folders.

Quote Originally Posted by MAK.cz View Post
    Hi, is any chance, to add BROWSE MUSIC FOLDER? to your Squeezelite-X player? ThankYou