Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 212 of 224 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2240
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestrad View Post
    Hello all. I run LMS on a small Wandboard under Linux and have SLX installed on my Windows 7 desktop. Everything works fine. But yesterday I installed SLX on the other desktop on my small home network, also running Windows 7, and I'm unable to get it to work. I keep getting a System Error. Code: 123 The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. The version I'm trying to install is the same Windows 7-compatible version I have installed on the other W7 desktop.

Has anyone run into this problem? Might it be related to installing on two computers on the same network?

Any hints as to where to look for the source of the problem would be appreciated.

Happy Solstice
    Les
    There is no problem running multiple SLX instances on the network. I run several as well as several servers for testing purposes.

So, I am assuming that this happens on first run and you never get the main SLX screen? Otherwise. I'd ask to see some logging info, at least to see sorta when/where this is happening. It sounds like some sort of filename location is messed up, such that the syntax is incorrect, so that is really odd. Anyway, I've never seen this, so I need some clues, especially since I have not Windows 7 machines anymore.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by Dentaku View Post
    Since the beginning I have the problem to reawake the server.

Scenario:

Squeezelite-X plays music
    I pause the player
    After certain time the machine with LMS goes in hybernate mode (correct as configured)
    Squeezelite-X looses the conncetion (normal result)

To wake the server via WOL I have two options:

1) Exit Squeezelite-X and start it again (WOL will send autmatically)

2) Open Settings / Uncheck "Wake server" / Apply / Open Settings / Check "Wake server" / Apply (WOL will send autmatically)

Could there be a easier / smoother way to re-wake the server / send wol?
    Something just occurred to me. What kind of machine do you have and exactly what type of sleep/hibernation is it going into? The reason I ask is that some (new) devices go into "Modern Standby", and in that case there is not a signal from the OS telling my app it is resuming from standby. I am suspecting that is the case here, because otherwise SLX should be sending WOL on resuming from sleep. With Modern Standby, SLX never knows it went to sleep.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Something just occurred to me. What kind of machine do you have and exactly what type of sleep/hibernation is it going into? The reason I ask is that some (new) devices go into "Modern Standby", and in that case there is not a signal from the OS telling my app it is resuming from standby. I am suspecting that is the case here, because otherwise SLX should be sending WOL on resuming from sleep. With Modern Standby, SLX never knows it went to sleep.

R Greg Dawson
    Greg, thank you for investigating my issue.
    Both machines are running under Windows 10. The "server" with LMS uses the lms-plugin "Server Power Control" and after 35 mins idle time the system goes into hybernate mode with this command:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /C start /B scpowertool.exe --hibernate -q "--log=C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Logs\srvrpowerctrl.l og"

Connection Refused

I have just come back to my desktop after a couple of weeks and noticed that Squeezelite-X is showing "Connection Refused". The same desktop is connecting to LMS fine through Firefox. I don't think I have changed anything else in the system that might affect it.

Do you have any tips please?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by hoverdonkey View Post
    I have just come back to my desktop after a couple of weeks and noticed that Squeezelite-X is showing "Connection Refused". The same desktop is connecting to LMS fine through Firefox. I don't think I have changed anything else in the system that might affect it.

Do you have any tips please?

Thank you
    SLX attempts to establish a CLI telnet connection first, so the "Connection Refused" message would be coming from the attempt to connect to the CLI interface (Telnet), which the server is refusing. This could happen for a variety of reasons, such as: another application on the server also using the same port; maybe if the server is not on the same local network and the port id is wrong, and/or the server is not on the same network and is not password enabled; the LMS server is not running or is restarting (not your case). Generally, if the LMS server is on the same network, SLX can discover it and get it CLI port via the discovery processes, so of server is on same network, then I doubt the port ID is wrong, but if other software is running on server there could be a port conflict and you might solve that by going into LMS settings and changing the CLI port id and restarting everything.

R Greg Dawson
    Last edited by rgdawson; 2021-12-30 at 10:34. Reason: spelling/grammar
    Squeezelite-X

SLX attempts to establish a CLI telnet connection first, so the "Connection Refused" message would be coming from the attempt to connect to the CLI interface (Telnet), which the server is refusing. This could happen for a variety of reasons, such as: another application on the server also using the same port; maybe if the server is not on the same local network and the port id is wrong, and/or the server is not on the same network and is not password enabled; the LMS server is not running or is restarting (not your case). Generally, if the LMS server is on the same network, SLX can discover it and get it CLI port via the discovery processes, so of server is on same network, then I doubt the port ID is wrong, but if other software is running on server there could be a port conflict and you might solve that by going into LMS settings and changing the CLI port id and restarting everything.

R Greg Dawson
    Sorted. I changed the CLI port to 9091. Many thanks indeed.

R Greg Dawson
    Reporting back with a small update, in case it helps others.

In between last using Squeezelite-X and getting the connection/port issue above, I had installed Kodi on the server that runs LMS (DietPi). I just removed it and now Squeezelite-X connects with CLI port 9090.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by hoverdonkey View Post
    Reporting back with a small update, in case it helps others.

In between last using Squeezelite-X and getting the connection/port issue above, I had installed Kodi on the server that runs LMS (DietPi). I just removed it and now Squeezelite-X connects with CLI port 9090.

Thanks again.
    Thanks for following up with that explanation.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Version 2.11.0

I have submitted version 2.11.0 to the MS Store.

Changes

• Replaces Chromium Embedded Framework with WebView2 for the embedded browser.
    • Full Screen Mode. There is now a Full Screen Mode.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Hi Greg

I do want to express my appreciation for this great product. I use it constantly on a daily basis. I like the new Full Screen mode but would like to request that when in Full Screen the app shows the button to return to normal window size. Is that possible.

May thanks.

Steve

I have submitted version 2.11.0 to the MS Store.

Changes

• Replaces Chromium Embedded Framework with WebView2 for the embedded browser.
    • Full Screen Mode. There is now a Full Screen Mode.

R Greg Dawson