Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 204 of 208 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2075
    Quote Originally Posted by korand View Post
    Moved from Windows to Mac and missing very much for Squeezelite-X. It there any chance to get it on MacOS? Maybe control application only without player.
    Unfortunately, I do not have a Mac to develop with. If I did, it might be doable, but too much effort for me right now. Sorry.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by backball View Post
    Ok here it is. To errors:
    1) I think this started at ERROR 09:54:05.412: Stream stopped but resumed after a while
    2) Player already in use message but didn't resume. Closed and reopened the app to resume stream
    Btw, I noticed when looking at your log files that you are using a Denon-3313 as a "player" using some sort of UPnP bridge. Which plugin does that" Is it the UPnP/DLNA Media Interface plugin by Andy Grundman? I think I want to experiment with that as I have several Denon's which have Logitech devices plugged into them and maybe I could use UPnP instead. Is the audio quality the same?

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Probably using Philippe's UPnP Bridge ... which allows a UPnP-AV receiver to be controlled like a regular LMS player.

Some Denon devices also support AirPlay ... which you can then use a player in LMS via his AirPlay Bridge.
    You can use sync across different LMS players with AirPlay Bridge but not with UPnP Bridge.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Frequence3, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Some background, SLX periodically checks that the server is still there (~10 seconds in your version)

In the first case, best I can tell, at 09:54:05.412 SLX detected that the Telnet connection was lost.
    ERROR 09:54:05.412 Exception in call to LMS.TelNet.Connected. Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer.

When this happens, SLX will try to reset the connection. In the process, it will terminate squeezelite and try to restart it. So at 09:54:05.437, the attempt to reconnect fails with a "No Route To Host" Error.

10 seconds later, it tries again, this time it succeeds. At 09:54:15.589, it tries to restart squeezelite, but the server reports that squeezelite is still connected. Normally the server knows immediately when squeezelite is terminated and disconnected, but I'm guess that with the networking blip, it did not immediately detect that the player was gone, maybe it could not receive the message from squeezelite. So then SLX disconnects, waits another 10 seconds and tries again. This time the server reports that squeezelite is not connected and everything succeeds.

I don't know what caused the network blip, but I think SLX was basically doing all it could to restore things and eventually succeeded. I'm going to give this some thought as to how I can at least avoid the erroneous "player in use" message, perhaps by looking at the squeezelite player id to see if it is the same as what I am using and just terminated and then know when to ignore the report from LMS. We'll see what I can figure out.

The second case looks just like the first. I can't see that squeezlite didn't resume playing or what happened there.

The more important question is, what is causing the network blip. Maybe I am missing something keeping the socket connection alive, so I'll look there.

Again, THANK YOU for taking the time to report and send me the log files, and I'll see what I can figure out.

R Greg Dawson

Thanks for getting back. Maybe I can go back to my old laptop and see whether it behaves the same way - could just be a Windows power settings etc. as the network should be stable (I'm on Ethernet)

Thanks for getting back. Maybe I can go back to my old laptop and see whether it behaves the same way - could just be a Windows power settings etc. as the network should be stable (I'm on Ethernet)
    Agree, network should be stable, unless the PC is putting the network in some sort of connected standby low power state. I think I saw this once on a Surface Go that does some sort of connected standby. When it wakes up, at first it seems fine, then after a few seconds there is some similar network goofiness that happens, then it usually recovers. I'll see "network not available" instead of "no route to host", but it seems similar. But I'm not using the squeezelite player in that case, so maybe I have never been noticing everything that is happening on the squeezelite side. If it is power type stuff that is doing something to the network connection, then you might try the option "Prevent Screen Sleep" in the advanced/debug options, and see what that does. I sometimes use that on my surface go to prevent connected standby.
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Unfortunately, I do not have a Mac to develop with. If I did, it might be doable, but too much effort for me right now. Sorry.

R Greg Dawson
    Ok, understand. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by korand View Post
    I knew about material skin. Need application to launch web interface and to add media keys support.
    Can Safari not create application shortcuts? Or chrome under macOS? Still leaves media keys, which I think should be possible via 'MediaSession' (but I can't get this working at the moment). Anyhow, this is off-topic for Squeezelite-X
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Nothing to report. It's just there and works. Thank you, RG, thank you, Craig!
    QLMS 8.3@2.21 x64 (digimaster) / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4
    LMS 8.3 x64 / Intel NUC8 i3

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    Nothing to report. It's just there and works. Thank you, RG, thank you, Craig!
    Excellent, thank you, and your welcome! And I'll add my thanks to Craig, as well!

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Confirm the issue is with my infrastructure. Have tried on an old Win10 laptop and it just works. So the good news is the code is good. The bad news is it doesn't work properly on my system

My system is a brand new Lenovo laptop connected via docking station to two Dell monitors (DisplayPort) and webcam. Audio from the 3.5mm jack on the monitor to a set of external speakers. The display does blink at times for a fraction, cutting both video and sound (probably driver). I know all this shouldn't make a difference as the app runs on the laptop itself.

Will continue looking for options as I like the app and need access to my LMS...