Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 189 of 193 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 1925
    Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Version 2.7.14 submitted to Microsoft Store

Changes:

• Updated version of squeezelite to version 1.9.8-1344 (may fix playback interruption/pause issue)

R Greg Dawson
    Greg, i┤m running 2.7.16 and the problem still occurs.
    Sorry. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by duedeldu View Post
    Greg, i┤m running 2.7.16 and the problem still occurs.
    Sorry. :-(
    OK. Still a squeezelite issue and 1.9.8-1344 is still the latest version of squeezelite available, so I'll just wait and watch for a fix/update from Ralphy.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by TomS View Post
    v2.7.16 from windows store.

I seem to have a "stuck" tray icon entry which won't go away.

After every reboot, my setting to show the squeezelite-x tray icon in the system tray seems to have been changed to not be displayed, and when I go to reset it, I always see a second squeezelite entry listed (and turned on, but it is not the 'active' one, it seems like a phantom and it doesn't even show up in the tray).

I did a reset but not an uninstall/install, which I could do if you think it'd fix it.

In the pic below, I have turned off the ghost and turned on the active one, but when I originally opened this menu the toggles were reversed (and no tray icon displayed since the ghost is not real).

Thanks,

TomS
    Attachment 33580
    I assume you are showing me the "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" area from Taskbar Settings? On/Off here controls whether the tray icon appears on the taskbar or stays in the non-visible area of the tray icons. (Btw, as an alternative to going into settings and using the toggles, you can just drag a tray icon from taskbar to hidden area or vice-versa.)

Windows seems to remember any application that has ever created tray icon and remembers where you want it to appear, either on the taskbar or in hidden area. I'm thinking that you have run both the traditional installer version and the Windows Store version in the past, so windows is remembering (caching) both. I guess Windows distinguishes according to exe filename.

It seems once you run an application that creates a tray icon, Windows remembers it forever. Even after you uninstall it. I see this with both the store/appx version and non-store version and even dev versions on my machine. Presumably there would be a way to remove it on uninstall, but I have not found it. Upon reading your message, I went in and looked and I saw all sorts of obsolete apps in that list on my machine.

The only solution I have for you, which I tried and it worked, is a utility called "Notification Area Cleaner". It is an exe that runs a script to delete those obsolete cached entries. I tried doing it manually but that does not work because for it to work explorer.exe must be temporarily terminated, then restarted - else the cache does not really get removed.

I downloaded the utility from CNET. If you google "Notification Area Cleaner" you should find it. There are different versions for 32-bit/64-bit OS version so download accordingly. For Windows 10, I used "run as administrator", then pressed the Clean button. It worked fine. The version I used said "for Windows 7", but worked fine on Windows 10.

Hope that helps.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    I assume you are showing me the "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" area from Taskbar Settings? On/Off here controls whether the tray icon appears on the taskbar or stays in the non-visible area of the tray icons. (Btw, as an alternative to going into settings and using the toggles, you can just drag a tray icon from taskbar to hidden area or vice-versa.)

Windows seems to remember any application that has ever created tray icon and remembers where you want it to appear, either on the taskbar or in hidden area. I'm thinking that you have run both the traditional installer version and the Windows Store version in the past, so windows is remembering (caching) both. I guess Windows distinguishes according to exe filename.

It seems once you run an application that creates a tray icon, Windows remembers it forever. Even after you uninstall it. I see this with both the store/appx version and non-store version and even dev versions on my machine. Presumably there would be a way to remove it on uninstall, but I have not found it. Upon reading your message, I went in and looked and I saw all sorts of obsolete apps in that list on my machine.

The only solution I have for you, which I tried and it worked, is a utility called "Notification Area Cleaner". It is an exe that runs a script to delete those obsolete cached entries. I tried doing it manually but that does not work because for it to work explorer.exe must be temporarily terminated, then restarted - else the cache does not really get removed.

I downloaded the utility from CNET. If you google "Notification Area Cleaner" you should find it. There are different versions for 32-bit/64-bit OS version so download accordingly. For Windows 10, I used "run as administrator", then pressed the Clean button. It worked fine. The version I used said "for Windows 7", but worked fine on Windows 10.

Hope that helps.

R Greg Dawson
    Yes, that's what the pic shows (and thanks for the tip for dragging). FWIW I have only ever installed from Microsoft Store, not standalone installer. Regardless I appreciate the reference to the cleaner, I will give it a go.

TomS

EDIT: I found this page, which has a batch file which looks to do the same as the cleaner app - just deletes two registry keys. No install needed...

Web page: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-...ea-icon-cache/
    Last edited by TomS; 2021-02-28 at 14:35. Reason: addl info
    SB3(1), Boom(2), Radio(3), piCorePlayer (1)

Quote Originally Posted by TomS View Post
    Yes, that's what the pic shows (and thanks for the tip for dragging). FWIW I have only ever installed from Microsoft Store, not standalone installer. Regardless I appreciate the reference to the cleaner, I will give it a go.

TomS

EDIT: I found this page, which has a batch file which looks to do the same as the cleaner app - just deletes two registry keys. No install needed...

Web page: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-...ea-icon-cache/
    Hmmm, then maybe that obsolete one is back from the days when I only had a 32-bit version of the store app. Thanks for the batch file version. I would have used that (and will in the future), because I would trust that more than an EXE that I can't see what it is doing.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Version 2.7.17

Version 2.7.17 was submitted to Ms Store.

Changes:

• Updated to squeezelite version 1.9.9-1364
    • Added Squeezelite logging toggle in "Debug/Experimental" settings (via Ctrl-Shift-D)
    • Some small GUI improvements/fixes
    • Latest version of Chromium Embedded Framework

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Dropouts: Windows LMS (8.2) and SLX (2.7.17.0)

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED BY CLEAN WINDOWS INSTALL

Dropouts: Windows LMS (8.2) and SLX (2.7.17.0)
    Apologies for dual posting - I mistakenly put this in the wrong thread.

Problem: Dropouts at erratic intervals on Windows 10 x64 using LMS 8.2.0 (latest) and Squeezelite-X (2.7.17.0 and earlier versions)

System: Win x64 Asus Z370-A 32 GB RAM i7-8700K Clean Windows install; Various recommended audio optimizations to BIOS and Windows tried without resolution; ASIO connection in SLX to RME UFX+ ASIO; RME Fireface UFX+ as DAC, connected to the computer via Thunderbolt.

Investigation: J. River (JRMC) plays the same files without dropout or glitches, so the files are OK (FLAC)
    With SLX, I get short glitches and dropouts at erratic intervals. Latencymon reports various overruns. The overruns do not occur when playback is by JRMC
    Running LMS on a different network computer than SLX does not fix the problem, so maybe SLX is the root cause??

Any logs or measurements I can send to help find the root cause?
    Last edited by mtreloar; 2021-03-05 at 11:50. Reason: Problem solved
    Murray
    LMS 8.2.0, Squeezelite-X, Material Skin and Qobuz plugins, on Win 10 x64 v.21H1, Asus Z370-A CPU 32 GB RAM; 500GB NVMe SSD; Daphile players x 3 in other rooms; Musichi for tagging

Using the actual version (2.7.17) does not solve this issue.
    Still pauses for about 30 seconds, sometimes completely stops.
    This is a really annoying bug that leaves Squeezelite-X nearly unusable.
    I have 2 systems, a notebook and a PC. On both systems this strange behaviour occurs.

A couple of issues (bugs?) with SqueezeLite-X

I'm using v2.7.17.0 64bit SqueezeLite-X as a direct install, i.e. not the MS Store version. There appear to be a couple of bugs, one longstanding, the other started with v2.7.16.0

For a long time now when SqueezeLite-X starts and the sysyem tray icon is clicked SqueezeLitr-X just shuts down and has to be relaunched manually. So no chance of looking at any logs as SqueezeLite-X simply isn't there! If I launch LMS in a web browser first SqueezLite-X carries on running and with any subsequent use of the system tray icon it carries on running. As I say, this behaviour has been going on for as long as I can remember.

The other more recent issue (since v2.7.16.0) is that the system tray icon 'hides' after a Windows 10 reboot when configured in settings to remain visible on the taskbar. It remains visible all the while during a Windows session when configured to do so but always becomes hidden on reboot.
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 8.20 (from nightlies) on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    1 x iMac server running macOS Big Sur
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Focal Electra 1027 Be II Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by duedeldu View Post
    Using the actual version (2.7.17) does not solve this issue.
    Still pauses for about 30 seconds, sometimes completely stops.
    This is a really annoying bug that leaves Squeezelite-X nearly unusable.
    I have 2 systems, a notebook and a PC. On both systems this strange behaviour occurs.
    Same strange pauses in audio here... I wonder what was the last version without the problem. I'd gladly downgrade till this gets solved.

Edit: went back to 2.7.10 and audio doesn't seem to pause anymore.
    Last edited by gorman; 2021-03-05 at 19:14.