Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 164 of 226 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2258
    In case anyone's interested, Material Skin has the mouse wheel vol control bug fixed now - and it works great in Sql-X! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    The Store installer terminates SLX gracefully, so SLX will terminate the squeezelite player instances. Also, SLX always looks for instances of its squeezelite players on startup and terminates them (just in case SLX was terminated and they were left running).

So I'm assuming you are running with the keyboard attached. Hovering the the mouse over the tray icon and it disappearing indicates that SLX has already crashed by then.
    Yes and yes. I never understood why Windows doesn't refresh the system tray if something crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    I'm wondering if the portaudio library implementation I had may be the culprit. It is getting called in a thread during startup, and I may have had an issue with that implementation that could cause a crash, perhaps when it takes a long time to execute. I have changed this implementation in 2.6.34 and it will make that call in the main thread. So maybe 2.6.34 will solve this issue when you get it.

R Greg Dawson
    I was not able to reproduce it since SLX updated to 2.6.35. I couldn't test it with 2.6.34 because after the MS Store updated to .34, it immediately offered the update to .35. Never saw this before. (Are the updates incremental?)

Thank you, everything seems to work perfectly now.
    QLMS 8.3@2.21 x64 (digimaster) / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4
    LMS 8.3 x64 / Intel NUC8 i3

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    Yes and yes. I never understood why Windows doesn't refresh the system tray if something crashed.

I was not able to reproduce it since SLX updated to 2.6.35. I couldn't test it with 2.6.34 because after the MS Store updated to .34, it immediately offered the update to .35. Never saw this before. (Are the updates incremental?)

Thank you, everything seems to work perfectly now.
    Thank you. That tells me that my PortAudio call in a background thread was probably causing the issue. Don't know why I could not reproduce it. Perhaps certain drivers reacting strangely.

BTW, I had cancelled the .34 after submitting it and replaced it with .35, so .34 was never published.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

mp3 and m4a hang, flac OK

I'm having the strangest problem with Squeezelite-X and at a loss to debug it further. I noticed that from time to time music playback stops for 20-30 seconds, then resumes, but only on mp3 and m4a files, not on FLAC. Other interesting point, the problem doesn't happen on any external player (SB Radio and SB Boom) AND it doesn't happen when I use SqueezePlay instead of SqueezeLite-X on Windows.

I'm running SLX on Windows 10 64 bits, my server runs on Ubuntu 20.04 (bug happened on 7.9.2 and now also on 7.9.3). I have a wired gig ethernet connection to the server so I doubt it's a networking issue, especially as flacs consistently play smoothly.

I didn't find anything on the LMS server log and didn't find either on the Windows events log.

Do you have suggestions to dig into the issue, what to look for? What could be done differently when playing mp3 between SLX and SqueezePlay?

The following file for example consistently hangs with SLX and not with SqueezePlay
    https://aiata.duckdns.org/s/ZxeHCMnKaFwoHnY

Completely irrelevant post, but I just wanted to let you know SQLX works fine here and I'm enjoying it immensely :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mcoste View Post
    I'm having the strangest problem with Squeezelite-X and at a loss to debug it further. I noticed that from time to time music playback stops for 20-30 seconds, then resumes, but only on mp3 and m4a files, not on FLAC. Other interesting point, the problem doesn't happen on any external player (SB Radio and SB Boom) AND it doesn't happen when I use SqueezePlay instead of SqueezeLite-X on Windows.
    I just ran squeezelite standalone without the Squeezelite-X app and I face the same problem, so the issue is with squeezelite. @rgdawson, would you have an idea?

Here is the log of a failed playback: https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/hFY3T9FRvM/

Playback stopped at 11:40:45 and resumed at 11:41:17.
    I noticed that the only instance of "STAT: STMo" is at: [11:40:46.186] sendSTAT:189 STAT: STMo

I'll also look for a relevant squeezelite thread.

I just ran squeezelite standalone without the Squeezelite-X app and I face the same problem, so the issue is with squeezelite. @rgdawson, would you have an idea?

I noticed that the only instance of "STAT: STMo" is at: [11:40:46.186] sendSTAT:189 STAT: STMo

Can you reproduce with the latest 64bit squeezelite for windows?
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

mcoste, Looks like Ralphy is on the case, but here is some background. The version of squeezelite built in to Squeezelite-X is v1.9.7-1256 and built with ffmpeg. I use this version because it plays WMA files, a common scenario on Windows. This version was built by Ralphy (just for me) using an older tool-chain and Ralphy has recently upgraded everything on a new tool chain and can build 32 and 64 bit versions, but the current version cannot play WMA files without adding certain plugins on the server, so I have not moved to the new version (yet). I may have seen this before, but only occasionally and I have always just chalked it up to a "glitch in the matrix". I'm interested in what you and Ralphy figure out.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Thank you Greg

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Can you reproduce with the latest 64bit squeezelite for windows?
    This is actually the version that I used for the log above ralphy. Happy to try with another version.

EDIT: I tried squeezelite-1.9.7-1256-win64, with the same results
    Last edited by mcoste; 2020-08-27 at 06:51.

Thank you Greg

This is actually the version that I used for the log above ralphy. Happy to try with another version.

EDIT: I tried squeezelite-1.9.7-1256-win64, with the same results
    Good work, mcoste, valuable info. Thanks for taking the time to try multiple versions, for being able to reproduce it and for letting us all know.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X