Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 159 of 171 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1706
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestrad View Post
    The rebuffering problem is back. I've edited my posts to reflect sad reality. I promise to thoroughly test the next solution I find.
    In my experience rebuffering is a network issue. Either too congested or the wifi/WLAN signal of the player is too weak or a combination thereof. Adding a wifi extender may solve the rebuffering problem. (In my case it has meant that some of my players cannot get an IP address through DHCP from my router, since the extender doesn't assign them, and I've had to manually assign IP addresses. Not a problem for me and may not occur for others. I'm mentioning it as FYI.)

Back to SLX discussions...

rebuffering rebuffed

Quote Originally Posted by prabbit View Post
    In my experience rebuffering is a network issue. Either too congested or the wifi/WLAN signal of the player is too weak or a combination thereof. Adding a wifi extender may solve the rebuffering problem. (In my case it has meant that some of my players cannot get an IP address through DHCP from my router, since the extender doesn't assign them, and I've had to manually assign IP addresses. Not a problem for me and may not occur for others. I'm mentioning it as FYI.)

Back to SLX discussions...
    Thanks. I'm on a wired network, though.

I managed to resurrect the "Rebuffering" thread I linked to earlier, which had derailed into a discussion of "religion" - aka SQ, aka sound quality, as in whether you really can hear the effect of the paint on the walls of a concert hall if your kit is good enough, provided of course you also have undirectional speaker wire. So I'll continue the discussion there since nobody here seems to have had the rebuffering problem. Thanks to all!

Les
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - ARCH-AUR-GIT.20200807.1a544e3 running on Wandboard Quad, music library on USB HDD
    Squeezebox Touch plugged into run-of-the-mill stereo rig via Musical Fidelity X-Act, extra speakers in kitchen, basement, and bedroom connected by ordinary (not unidirectional) copper wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Pulsar View Post
    v 2.6.30 isn't available yet for me, so I'll wait a bit and test this asap.
    2.6.30 has been rolled out, %ID% works like a charm, thanks !
    Last edited by Stan Pulsar; 2020-07-29 at 03:56. Reason: typo

What is Daphile?

What is Daphile? Is Daphile basically an alternate LMS distribution? I don't know anything about it. I'm wondering if SLX could/should work with it. Anyone here use Daphile? Is it worth messing with?

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

[Announce] Squeezelite-X

> What is Daphile? Is Daphile basically an alternate LMS distribution? I

It's a full Linux system with a slightly tweaked LMS (in addition to
    other audio related tools), optimized to auto rip etc.

> don't know anything about it. I'm wondering if SLX could/should work
    > with it. Anyone here use Daphile? Is it worth messing with?

IMHO SLX should work just fine. I think they use a customized default
    skin, thus the result might look "different". But other than that it's LMS.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > What is Daphile? Is Daphile basically an alternate LMS distribution? I

It's a full Linux system with a slightly tweaked LMS (in addition to
    other audio related tools), optimized to auto rip etc.

> don't know anything about it. I'm wondering if SLX could/should work
    > with it. Anyone here use Daphile? Is it worth messing with?

IMHO SLX should work just fine. I think they use a customized default
    skin, thus the result might look "different". But other than that it's LMS.

--

Michael
    I'd probably have to make some mods, since SLX behaves a little differently depending on the skin and therefore only supports LMS's Default and Material. Maybe I'll look into it if there is any demand. Thanks for the info.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Version 2.6.30

Version 2.6.31 was uploaded tonight.

Changes:

• Implemented "screen-snap" for the main and minibrowser windows, meaning the windows will "snap" to the screen borders/corners.
    • Mini-browser has a new button that allows you to change the size of the mini-browser window. It will toggle the size between 100% and 85%.
    • Removed the field in settings to define the LMS Http port. It has been obsolete for some time, since SLX gets that port from the discovery or the CLI interface so there is no need to have it.
    • If mini-browser is set to "Stay on Top", then it will become very slightly transparent when it does not have focus.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Refresh causes loss of default player settings

Long time user of SQ-X with Material skin.

In SQ-X settings, player "bedroom" is selected in the dropdown box, this is the player I wish to control 99% of the time.

Name:  default01.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  29.4 KB

In Material > Manage Players, I select player "bedroom" as the default player (whatever that means), by putting a tick in the pop-up box, this adds a tick next to the player name.

Name:  default02.jpg
Size:  28.5 KB

However, if I refresh the page (F5), restart SQ-X, or restart LMS after a plugin or software update, the default setting is lost. This doesn't happen using Material skin in a normal browser window, here the setting persists.

Name:  default03.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  28.1 KB

This very often results in me starting another player playing without realizing I am no longer controlling the bedroom player, which isn't very wife friendly.

LMS 8.0 on a RPi 4.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 6.1.0/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Long time user of SQ-X with Material skin.

In SQ-X settings, player "bedroom" is selected in the dropdown box, this is the player I wish to control 99% of the time.

Name:  default01.jpg
Size:  29.4 KB

In Material > Manage Players, I select player "bedroom" as the default player (whatever that means), by putting a tick in the pop-up box, this adds a tick next to the player name.

Name:  default02.jpg
Size:  28.5 KB

However, if I refresh the page (F5), restart SQ-X, or restart LMS after a plugin or software update, the default setting is lost. This doesn't happen using Material skin in a normal browser window, here the setting persists.

Name:  default03.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  28.1 KB

This very often results in me starting another player playing without realizing I am no longer controlling the bedroom player, which isn't very wife friendly.

LMS 8.0 on a RPi 4.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    SLX's setting overrides (and actually removes) the default player setting in material skin in order to prevent the two from conflicting with each other. When you start SLX it should automatically select the player according to that setting in SLX. That said, I have noticed that when the server is restarted while SLX is running, for example when you update a plugin, the SLX may come back with another player selected. So that part is not intended, so I need to fix it.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    SLX's setting overrides (and actually removes) the default player setting in material skin in order to prevent the two from conflicting with each other. When you start SLX it should automatically select the player according to that setting in SLX. That said, I have noticed that when the server is restarted while SLX is running, for example when you update a plugin, the SLX may come back with another player selected. So that part is not intended, so I need to fix it.
    Would it help if I added a method to hide certain UI settings? I already do this for the android APK. If you let me know a lit of elements that you'd like hidden/removed when Material is used with SLX I can see how best to implement this. Current the APK passes some parameters on the URL query.

[Edit] The APK passes "http://SERVER:9000/material/?hide=notif,scale" to Hide the notification and font size settings. So, I guess SLX could pass something like "?hide=mini,defplayer" to hide min-player launch buttons and the default player setting code? (Note, I need to add support for this to the skin, so will not work just yet). Anyhow, let me know if you'd like this.
    Last edited by cpd73; 2020-08-09 at 02:18.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.