Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 210 of 214 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2137
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Galbavy View Post
    Just to note, the app works fine in Windows 11 but all that work to update the taskbar with a progress bar and track title are redundent as Windows 11 only seems to allow standard square icons and no animation beyond notification type things.
    Redundant or futile? I don’t have Windows 11 update yet, but I did briefly install it in a VM and , yes, I noticed the progress indication is there but way more subtle, almost unnoticeable. Other than checking to see if it ran ok, that was about all I checked.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Redundant or futile? I donĺt have Windows 11 update yet, but I did briefly install it in a VM and , yes, I noticed the progress indication is there but way more subtle, almost unnoticeable. Other than checking to see if it ran ok, that was about all I checked.

R Greg Dawson
    Progress indication really depends on the app. The Spotify app behaves exactly as it did on Windows 10, so they're probably doing something differently
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear
    Car: TBC ...

Quote Originally Posted by bakker_be View Post
    Progress indication really depends on the app. The Spotify app behaves exactly as it did on Windows 10, so they're probably doing something differently
    Hmmm, interesting, thanks for that tip. I am just using the Windows taskbar stock defaults, but Windows will, I assume, give me ability to draw myself, which I guess is what Spotify is doing. Anything Spotify can do, I can do to, haha!
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by staresy View Post
    Hi,
    When running Material within Squeezelite-X, I've noticed that selecting the download option for a track (from queue, 3 dots, download) fails.

Running material directly through a web browser (chrome) works fine and downloads the FLAC file.
    I need a little help here. I can't seem to see any download option. What do I need to do to get an option to download appear? I only see the options as pictured below. I'd like to fix this. I'm guessing that SLX is not allowing a popup window or something and if that is the case, might be an easy fix.

Name:  TrackOptions.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  74.4 KB

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    I need a little help here. I can't seem to see any download option. What do I need to do to get an option to download appear?
    You need to enable the option in Material's server side settings - its disabled by default.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by staresy View Post
    Hi,
    When running Material within Squeezelite-X, I've noticed that selecting the download option for a track (from queue, 3 dots, download) fails.

Running material directly through a web browser (chrome) works fine and downloads the FLAC file.
    OK, following up on this. I just tested this and Correct, downloads are not enabled. That is because I never wrote the Chromium event handlers for downloads.

Interestingly, downloads are working out of the box with my Edge/Webview2 version (in development). I don't plan on deploying the Webview2 version until Microsoft releases their Webview2 runtime installer that does not require elevation (later December).

I may just wait, rather than invest time in a solution that will be superseded shortly after.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Status Update

This is just a status update as to what I am working on and what to expect in the future.

Embedded browser. I will be changing from the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) to WebView2 for the embedded browser. Performance is identical as they are both based on Chromium. The WebView2 component, however, offers several advantages of embedding CEF,

• Reduces overall application size from about 210MB to 18MB by not having to deploy CEF browser code.
    • Edge Webview2 is managed by the OS and "EverGreen", updated separately and automatically as part of the Windows OS, so I would not have to worry about CEF updates and complying with certain rules in the MS store about CEF currency.
    • Edge Webview2 is part of the OS out of the box starting with Windows 11, and a runtime installer is available for Windows 10 and machines that don't have Edge installed.
    • My code could be drastically simplified

Development has gone quite well, better than I expected. I have been running my own version that uses webview2 for a few weeks now and I'm quite pleased. The only issue has to do with deployment. Webview2 is already deployed on the vast majority of Win10 platforms and all Win11 platforms. But there is a chance it might not be there, in which case, I have to be able to install it. The Windows Store does not support this as an install package, so I have to do it at run-time. Currently, the Webview2 runtime installer requires elevation as it is a system component and that is a near deal breaker for a store app as far as I am concerned. Fortunately, that is also deal breaker for many corporate environments, so Microsoft is creating a fix. Microsoft will soon make available a Webview2 Runtime bootstrap installer that does not require elevation. I am told it will be available mid-December-ish. Once that is available, I can deploy the Webview2/Edge based version through the Microsoft Store and that is my plan.

WMA Support

SLX currently has an advanced option to use an old version of Squeezelite, the last version that supported WMA files natively. Nowadays, with the latest versions of Squeezelite, WMA is supported via a LMS server plugin. Without objection, I intend to drop this feature as obsolete.

Downloads

I am aware that the current version of SLX does not support Material Skin's download feature. This will be fixed in the new Webview2-based version when it is delivered.

Windows 11

SLX will run fine on Windows 11, as-is. I know the progress indicator in the Windows 11 taskbar is very subtle and I intend to explore making it look more like it does in Windows 10, if I can.

Legacy (non-Store) Installer

I am no longer supporting pre-Windows 10 OS versions. The last version of the installer that supported Windows 7/Windows 8 will remain on my download site. I don't see a compelling reason for me to continue providing a legacy installer going forward. At this point, I consider it obsolete.

Feedback welcome.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

All sounds good to me - thanks for all the work you've put into it !
    Odroid HC1 / Armbian Stretch LMS & LocalPlayer
    4x Slim Devices SB3 (White)
    1x Boom, 1x Radio
    2x Joggler + Squeezeplay / Squeezelite + Topping TP30

Squeezelite-X not found in Windows Store

It knows about it, shows it when you search, but says not found when you try to download it.
    piCorePlayer 7.0

Greg,

All that sounds excellent to me! Good luck!

Peter