Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cpd73
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by rgdawson
    SLX's setting overrides (and actually removes) the default player setting in material skin in order to prevent the two from conflicting with each other. When you start SLX it should automatically select the player according to that setting in SLX. That said, I have noticed that when the server is restarted while SLX is running, for example when you update a plugin, the SLX may come back with another player selected. So that part is not intended, so I need to fix it.
    Would it help if I added a method to hide certain UI settings? I already do this for the android APK. If you let me know a lit of elements that you'd like hidden/removed when Material is used with SLX I can see how best to implement this. Current the APK passes some parameters on the URL query.

[Edit] The APK passes "http://SERVER:9000/material/?hide=notif,scale" to Hide the notification and font size settings. So, I guess SLX could pass something like "?hide=mini,defplayer" to hide min-player launch buttons and the default player setting code? (Note, I need to add support for this to the skin, so will not work just yet). Anyhow, let me know if you'd like this.
    Last edited by cpd73; 2020-08-09, 10:18.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Comment

• Jaca
      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by cpd73
      Would it help if I ....
      Hi Craig,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in slightly off topic.. but as you are here (SLX thread) having conversation with Greg it seem like perfect opportunity to mention this.

Its been mentioned here by myself and others that it would be great to have some additional mouse actions in SLX . For example
      -right mouse click to open Materials sub menus.. (dots on side),
      -Use mouse wheel to control volume,
      -use mouse additional buttons or wheel tilt to use as "Back"/Previous function..
      etc,

I personally was under impression that such mouse actions would have to be developed under SLX, but Greg has mentioned that its probably smth Material Skin would have to support.

I really think that it would be great for many users on Windows to have more then left mouse click incorporated into application.

In dream world smth like "gesturefy" support would be awesome, but realistically at least Mouse Right click + back + wheel operation.

Just was wondering if you two gentlemen could perhaps clarify if that's possible..
      Many thanks!
      3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, 2x SqueezeAMP, Squeezebox Receiver, PiCorePlayer (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro), Material Skin Apk, SqueezePlayer Apk, Squeezelite-X, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.4.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Comment

• cpd73
        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Jaca
        Hope you don't mind me jumping in slightly off topic.. but as you are here (SLX thread) having conversation with Greg it seem like perfect opportunity to mention this.
        Yeah, off topic for here - should be in Material thread.

-right mouse click to open Materials sub menus.. (dots on side),
        Makes sense, done for next release.

-Use mouse wheel to control volume,
        Should already be there - you should be able to use mouse-wheel to control volume when over the volume buttons/slider.

-use mouse additional buttons or wheel tilt to use as "Back"/Previous function..
        No idea how to do this, or if there is a javascript event for this. Not something I would have use for, as I use a laptop. Also, I'm a 100% Linux user, no windows.
        Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Comment

• Jaca
          • Nov 2012

Yeah, off topic for here - should be in Material thread.

Makes sense, done for next release.

Should already be there - you should be able to use mouse-wheel to control volume when over the volume buttons/slider.

No idea how to do this, or if there is a javascript event for this. Not something I would have use for, as I use a laptop. Also, I'm a 100% Linux user, no windows.
          Thank you!
          I assumed its "continuation" of prev conversation and related to SLX so ok here.. my bad. (last message so I don't spam anymore)

Prev/back its already working with MS or default skin (also Forward ) in any ordinary browser. I think its browser handling Prev/Back requests. As to Mouse function its just down mouse software for button or wheel operation. Hence I did think SLX is like mini browser (wrapper) it should be able to also handle this.. So I did think this its SLX rather then MS ..
          Alternatively could it be just matter of mapping mouse in SXL to existing MS Keyboard shortcut ( CTRL+ "<-" ) ..
          p.s I do understand I'm most likely very naive with my perception of how everything works
          3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, 2x SqueezeAMP, Squeezebox Receiver, PiCorePlayer (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro), Material Skin Apk, SqueezePlayer Apk, Squeezelite-X, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.4.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Comment

• schmurtz
            • Sep 2012

Squeezelite-X should keep trying for about 12 minutes (about every 8 seconds) before giving up. Is your server not available for longer than that? I guess 12 minutes was kind of arbitrary, maybe I should just let it keep trying indefinitely.

R Greg Dawson
            Hi Greg, Squeezelite-X is excellent but I'm still annoyed with Squeezelite-X disconnections due to the fact that my lms server is not always available (yes sometimes more than 12 minutes ).
            Do you think that it will be possible to change the behavior of the re-connection in the next releases as you suggested?

Comment

• cfuttrup
              • Sep 2009

Hi schmurtz

I'm not Greg, but I wonder about the use case. I only experience delays if the NAS server (running LMS) goes to sleep and there's nothing that SLX can do about this. Could you describe in more details what you are experiencing?

/Claus

Comment

• schmurtz
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by cfuttrup
                Hi schmurtz

I'm not Greg, but I wonder about the use case. I only experience delays if the NAS server (running LMS) goes to sleep and there's nothing that SLX can do about this. Could you describe in more details what you are experiencing?

/Claus
                Hi, it's not about delays : I remark that when the LMS server is not available for some minutes Squeezelite-X doesn't make any retry anymore so it never reconnect. Then the message "Connect time out" is displayed.

My LMS server is not always available for miscellaneous reasons but I would like that when it start again all Squeezelite-x clients connect to it again.

Greg explained that, when the server is not available, Squeezelite-X keep trying to reconnect for about 12 minutes (about every 8 seconds) before giving up.
                So it could be handy if we can set this retry period or just let it keep trying indefinitely...

Comment

• rgdawson
                  • Jan 2016

Originally posted by schmurtz
                  Hi Greg, Squeezelite-X is excellent but I'm still annoyed with Squeezelite-X disconnections due to the fact that my lms server is not always available (yes sometimes more than 12 minutes ).
                  Do you think that it will be possible to change the behavior of the re-connection in the next releases as you suggested?
                  Working on it. I can easily let SLX keep /checking/trying indefinitely, but I just need to suppress some logging activity since this can go on forever. Should be in 2.6.32.

R Greg Dawson
                  Squeezelite-X

Comment

• rgdawson
                    • Jan 2016

Would it help if I added a method to hide certain UI settings? I already do this for the android APK. If you let me know a lit of elements that you'd like hidden/removed when Material is used with SLX I can see how best to implement this. Current the APK passes some parameters on the URL query.

[Edit] The APK passes "http://SERVER:9000/material/?hide=notif,scale" to Hide the notification and font size settings. So, I guess SLX could pass something like "?hide=mini,defplayer" to hide min-player launch buttons and the default player setting code? (Note, I need to add support for this to the skin, so will not work just yet). Anyhow, let me know if you'd like this.
                    Craig, thanks, this sounds like a good idea. The mini-player launch buttons are not a problem, even though it may be redundant, so that one is not a big deal. It would be nice to suppress default player setting code though. Let's go with that approach.

R Greg Dawson
                    Squeezelite-X

Comment

• cpd73
                      • Mar 2017

Craig, thanks, this sounds like a good idea
                      Done, for 1.8.7. As stated just pass "?hide=mini,defplayer" (or just "?hide=defplayer")

Comment

• rgdawson
                        • Jan 2016

Done, for 1.8.7. As stated just pass "?hide=mini,defplayer" (or just "?hide=defplayer")
                        Just tested "?hide=defplayer", confirmed. Thanks.

R Greg Dawson
                        Squeezelite-X

Comment

• rgdawson
                          • Jan 2016

Version 2.6.32

I have built a new version 2.6.32, which *will* have the following changes:
                          • SLX will continue trying to reconnect indefinitely after a server goes away.
                          • Fixed issue where SLX would sometimes return with a different player selected after a server restart.
                          • SLX will cause Material Skin to hide its "Default Player" functionality, since SLX provides its own mechanism for this. (This functionality will be supported in the next version of Material Skin).
                          • Fixed a bug where SLX would fail if you invoke the mini-browser and then very quickly return to main-browser before the mini-browser window has rendered.

* I have uploaded the new version of the legacy installer, but I am currently unable to upload to the MS Store due to what appears to be a Microsoft problem with an expired certificate somewhere. Many people are having a problem today. Hopefully MS will fix the problem quickly.

R Greg Dawson
                          Squeezelite-X

Comment

• rgdawson
                            • Jan 2016

• Fixed issue where SLX would sometimes return with a different player selected after a server restart.
                            • SLX will cause Material Skin to hide its "Default Player" functionality, since SLX provides its own mechanism for this. (This functionality will be supported in the next version of Material Skin).
                            • Fixed a bug where SLX would fail if you invoke the mini-browser and then very quickly return to main-browser before the mini-browser window has rendered.

* I have uploaded the new version of the legacy installer, but I am currently unable to upload to the MS Store due to what appears to be a Microsoft problem with an expired certificate somewhere. Many people are having a problem today. Hopefully MS will fix the problem quickly.

R Greg Dawson
                            MS fixed their issue, apparently, so 2.6.32 is submitted to the MS Store. As usual will take 1-3 days to publish.

R Greg Dawson
                            Squeezelite-X

Comment

• schmurtz
                              • Sep 2012

R Greg Dawson
                              Thanks Greg for this new version.

I observe 2 problems :
                              • If you stop your LMS server, then start SLX, then start the server -> it will never connect automatically.
                              • More anoying : I've got intempestive popups (I've got this popup every 8 seconds) if the server is lost during playing :

Click image for larger version

Name:	image SLX.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1569611

Comment

• rgdawson
                                • Jan 2016

Originally posted by schmurtz
                                Thanks Greg for this new version.

I observe 2 problems :
                                • If you stop your LMS server, then start SLX, then start the server -> it will never connect automatically.
                                • More anoying : I've got intempestive popups (I've got this popup every 8 seconds) if the server is lost during playing :

[ATTACH]31270[/ATTACH]
                                Uh oh, what did I do. I'll try and recreate and get a fix out ASAP.

R Greg Dawson
                                Squeezelite-X

Comment

Working...