Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116
Results 1,151 to 1,157 of 1157
  1. #1151
    Senior Member mr-b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    360
    Returning after a period away from the PC, sometimes I see multiple error pop-ups "squeezelite-win.exe (SLX-player-name) aborted. Check Squeezelite Parameters", which I can't correlate to any particular activity.
    I see this for both the portable headphone DAC/amp plus my sound card players. Nothing in the Event Viewer.
    I do note that the sync/multi-player operation is a bit spotty i.e. sometimes I connect the portable device and the player wakes up and it syncs and plays fine and sometimes after I've switched it off, playback just stops for a short while and then recovers. It could well be on the LMS end so I'll investigate logging levels for that.

    Is there a way to trigger logging for squeezelite or any other suggestions?
    I appreciate this is an experimental feature of course!

  2. #1152
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO, USA
    Posts
    630
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-b View Post
    Returning after a period away from the PC, sometimes I see multiple error pop-ups "squeezelite-win.exe (SLX-player-name) aborted. Check Squeezelite Parameters", which I can't correlate to any particular activity.
    I see this for both the portable headphone DAC/amp plus my sound card players. Nothing in the Event Viewer.
    I do note that the sync/multi-player operation is a bit spotty i.e. sometimes I connect the portable device and the player wakes up and it syncs and plays fine and sometimes after I've switched it off, playback just stops for a short while and then recovers. It could well be on the LMS end so I'll investigate logging levels for that.

    Is there a way to trigger logging for squeezelite or any other suggestions?
    I appreciate this is an experimental feature of course!
    Ctrl-D in setting will show some extra settings including logging level and whether to write log to a file on your desktop. Otherwise logging info is is written to a window which can be shown by pressing F12.

    Are the abort messages you saw separate pop up windows or is that message show in the error panel of the regular SLX window?

    R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

  3. #1153
    Senior Member mr-b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    360
    Great - I'll do some experimenting. Took me a while to figure it's Control plus capital D. ;-)
    The abort pop-up windows were separate dialogue boxes to the app window.

  4. #1154
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO, USA
    Posts
    630
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-b View Post
    Great - I'll do some experimenting. Took me a while to figure it's Control plus capital D. ;-)
    The abort pop-up windows were separate dialogue boxes to the app window.
    Oops, glad you figured that out. I meant to write Ctrl-Shift-D.

    RGD
    Squeezelite-X

  5. #1155

    Error message re player name every start BUG REPORT

    Recently - am I correct an update was pushed through Microsoft Store a day or two ago ? - I get an error message saying that the program's own player name is already in use. I have solved it by just adding numbers at the end of the name and clicking Apply.

    But I have to do this every time I start the software, on PC bootup. Another strange thing is that on bootup, the program icon appears in bottom- right hand corner of Windows screen as normal first, but it is coloured green not blue as normal.

    Then I click on that icon to open the program, then the green icon disappears and as far as I can see the program gets completely terminated, from Task Manager etc.

    When I then after this start the program the normal way, it works normally.

    When I come home I will check for any logs or screenshots to attach.

    GREAT software by the way, thank you!

  6. #1156
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO, USA
    Posts
    630
    Quote Originally Posted by echable View Post
    Recently - am I correct an update was pushed through Microsoft Store a day or two ago ? - I get an error message saying that the program's own player name is already in use. I have solved it by just adding numbers at the end of the name and clicking Apply.

    But I have to do this every time I start the software, on PC bootup. Another strange thing is that on bootup, the program icon appears in bottom- right hand corner of Windows screen as normal first, but it is coloured green not blue as normal.

    Then I click on that icon to open the program, then the green icon disappears and as far as I can see the program gets completely terminated, from Task Manager etc.

    When I then after this start the program the normal way, it works normally.

    When I come home I will check for any logs or screenshots to attach.

    GREAT software by the way, thank you!
    The last update was around a November 21, but it published to some people faster/slower than others. Current Version is 2.5.0.

    Yes, lets look at logs and screen shots and we'll figure it out.

    R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

  7. #1157
    Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    The last update was around a November 21, but it published to some people faster/slower than others. Current Version is 2.5.0.

    Yes, lets look at logs and screen shots and we'll figure it out.

    R Greg Dawson
    It did it every single startup for a while, not it's not doing it anymore - see screenshot with error message-Name:  SQLX player name error Annotation 2019-12-02 071201.png
Views: 50
Size:  63.9 KBName:  SQL-X player name error Annotation 2019-12-03 060030.png
Views: 50
Size:  101.7 KB

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •