Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 205 of 208 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2071

two instances of squeezelitle-x player for two USB devices

I need some help with two players on server device,

both devices are USB, ( USB dac and USB to coax converter, using different drivers)
    I can play them independently just fine ( in all modes; asio, KS,WDM) , but having problems to leave booth output devices active at the same time...

I've even tried to use two commands for squeezelite-x64.exe and squeezelite*.ffmpeg.exe with different -o "my output devices" and -n ( name ie; USB or SPDIF) for each output device accordingly,
    otherwise new run of squeezelite-x64.exe will replace whatever previous specified device was,and become new prime output,

while I can get them both to show up briefly, then one of them wont play correctly and after about 3 second the time line jumps to the end of the track,

any idea how to do this right under windows? ideally I would like to run a minimized process or as service,
    only in worst case this could be as two gui instances,
    I hope someone has done this before or can point me to right direction,

Thank you
    Last edited by icemen; 2021-09-22 at 12:40.

Quote Originally Posted by icemen View Post
    I need some help with two players on server device,

both devices are USB, ( USB dac and USB to coax converter, using different drivers)
    I can play them independently just fine ( in all modes; asio, KS,WDM) , but having problems to leave booth output devices active at the same time...

I've even tried to use two commands for squeezelite-x64.exe and squeezelite*.ffmpeg.exe with different -o "my output devices" and -n ( name ie; USB or SPDIF) for each output device accordingly,
    otherwise new run of squeezelite-x64.exe will replace whatever previous specified device was,and become new prime output,

while I can get them both to show up briefly, then one of them wont play correctly and after about 3 second the time line jumps to the end of the track,

any idea how to do this right under windows? ideally I would like to run a minimized process or as service,
    only in worst case this could be as two gui instances,
    I hope someone has done this before or can point me to right direction,

Thank you
    Squeezelite-X has an "experimental" Multi-Room feature to run multiple instances of squeezelite in order to drive separate soundcards. (It is "experimental" because I don't have the equipment to really test it thoroughly.) Anyway, using Squeezelite-X, you go into settings and choose the Output Device for the first player. Then you can press the button with two diagonal squares to the right of the player name and that will take you to the "Multi-Room" tab, where you can enable/define additional players (Name/Output Device). The second player will inherit any other settings from the first/primary player.

(I was confused by your third paragraph, are you running Squeezelite-X?)

Name:  SLX-Multi-Player-Settings.png
Views: 211
Size:  21.8 KB

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Squeezelite-X has an "experimental" Multi-Room feature to run multiple instances of squeezelite in order to drive separate soundcards. (It is "experimental" because I don't have the equipment to really test it thoroughly.) Anyway, using Squeezelite-X, you go into settings and choose the Output Device for the first player. Then you can press the button with two diagonal squares to the right of the player name and that will take you to the "Multi-Room" tab, where you can enable/define additional players (Name/Output Device). The second player will inherit any other settings from the first/primary player.

(I was confused by your third paragraph, are you running Squeezelite-X?)

Name:  SLX-Multi-Player-Settings.png
Views: 211
Size:  21.8 KB

R Greg Dawson
    Ok I will try this, but I'm still missing some dependencies,
    VC++ 2015/18/19 installed

Let me try collect the error popups..

So far I've ran the process via command line and it works fine but cannot get two outputs to remain, probably due to autokill upon 90sec of inactivity,

Is there is extra switch or can I add something to my start script ?

The idea is to have this unit operating headlessly ( I can SSH or VNC to it ...)but would like to avoid interaction to minimum, so my wife and kids can easily change outputs of something happens to the USB side of things, as SPDiF is more idiot proof,

start /min "Process Monitor" /high "C:\Squeezelite-X\Squeezelite-x64.exe" -D 100 -n "SPDiF" -o 10

This is my 1st interface ( usb to coax) via kernel streaming

Plain USB is -o 6

If I run it twice but pointing to different output, the later will replace the previous one and becomes new default, partial workaround was to point to system default but using wasapi is suboptimal solution sound wise, so Asio or KS is the preference here,

I can't see this be uncommon situation, when there is several DACs connected the the same host,
    Roon deals with multiple interfaces just fine but is such a overkill for this scenario, and I would rather stick with LMS as kids can play YouTube and Spotify via simpler DAC connected to smaller system etc, and I can play music on my DAC of choice in the main rig,

Thank you.
    Last edited by icemen; 2021-09-24 at 10:08. Reason: Typo

If you are running headless then why do you need Squeezelite-X ? Surely just run the underlying player and control it from another instance? I do this for some Android instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Galbavy View Post
    If you are running headless then why do you need Squeezelite-X ? Surely just run the underlying player and control it from another instance? I do this for some Android instances.

Thought this is what I do with :
    Squeezelite-x64.exe

No?

If not then which player should I use then and how to get two active outputs, please elaborate boss

Thought this is what I do with :
    Squeezelite-x64.exe

No?

If not then which player should I use then and how to get two active outputs, please elaborate boss
    Yes, Squeezelite-X - the Windows app - uses Squeezelite player, but the player itself is meant for headless operation and trying to make Squeezlite-X work headless seems a bit of a waste.

https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezelite

and there are Windows binaries somewhere... Not sure if Greg just ships them or has a custom build for the extras?

Peter

Ok I will try this, but I'm still missing some dependencies,
    VC++ 2015/18/19 installed

Let me try collect the error popups..

So far I've ran the process via command line and it works fine but cannot get two outputs to remain, probably due to autokill upon 90sec of inactivity,

Is there is extra switch or can I add something to my start script ?

The idea is to have this unit operating headlessly ( I can SSH or VNC to it ...)but would like to avoid interaction to minimum, so my wife and kids can easily change outputs of something happens to the USB side of things, as SPDiF is more idiot proof,

start /min "Process Monitor" /high "C:\Squeezelite-X\Squeezelite-x64.exe" -D 100 -n "SPDiF" -o 10

This is my 1st interface ( usb to coax) via kernel streaming

Plain USB is -o 6

If I run it twice but pointing to different output, the later will replace the previous one and becomes new default, partial workaround was to point to system default but using wasapi is suboptimal solution sound wise, so Asio or KS is the preference here,

I can't see this be uncommon situation, when there is several DACs connected the the same host,
    Roon deals with multiple interfaces just fine but is such a overkill for this scenario, and I would rather stick with LMS as kids can play YouTube and Spotify via simpler DAC connected to smaller system etc, and I can play music on my DAC of choice in the main rig,

Thank you.
    The Squeezelite-X application is SqueezeliteX.exe. Squeezelite-X installs the squeezelite player executable in the program folder and it will manage the execution of it. You should not bother attempting to run the player executable directly from there. The Squeezelite-X installer also installs the VC runtime dependencies, so you should not have issues with missing dependencies, if you ran the installer (either from the MS Store, or the legacy installer). So, I remain confused about what you are actually doing. You should be able to just install and run Squeezelite-X. If you need additional players, there are settings to enable that as well.

R Greg Dawson

[P.S.] If you run squeezelite-x64.exe from the Squeezelite-X folder and then you run Squeezelite-X, Squeezelite-X will terminate squeezelite-x64 and restart it anyway.
    Last edited by rgdawson; 2021-09-27 at 13:20.
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Galbavy View Post
    ... Not sure if Greg just ships them or has a custom build for the extras?

Peter
    I ship the standard latest builds from Ralphi, nothing special. I also ship an older ffmpeg-enabled version, which supports native WMA decoding. This version can be enabled via options. It is preferred to install the WMA plugin on the LMS server and then not have to enable this option, but I included it just in case someone has problems getting that WMA plugin installed (as I did on a R-Pi, but I finally managed to get it working).

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    The Squeezelite-X application is SqueezeliteX.exe. Squeezelite-X installs the squeezelite player executable in the program folder and it will manage the execution of it. You should not bother attempting to run the player executable directly from there. The Squeezelite-X installer also installs the VC runtime dependencies, so you should not have issues with missing dependencies, if you ran the installer (either from the MS Store, or the legacy installer). So, I remain confused about what you are actually doing. You should be able to just install and run Squeezelite-X. If you need additional players, there are settings to enable that as well.

R Greg Dawson

[P.S.] If you run squeezelite-x64.exe from the Squeezelite-X folder and then you run Squeezelite-X, Squeezelite-X will terminate squeezelite-x64 and restart it anyway.

Thanks for tips guys,

I got it working via SqueezeliteX GUI + multiroom tab for now,

The other issue Ive ran into is that GUI dosent list kernel streaming options for my sound interfaces,
    while -l command clearly does and lunching WDM-KS manually from CMD works perfectly fine without the X,

I've tried running Ralph's Squeezelite-x64.exe which btw is identical to the one include with X version as Greg stated above,

I've copied the service into different locations but this still prevents to run two interfaces in parallel via manual scrips without the help of GUI X, as one replaces the other even if executble is renamed,

Any idea how to run experimental mode via option switches ? Also -z dosent work for me in order to run x64 as a deamon so I will try run it as a service next and report back,

Also -D 50 give me trouble with playing DSD above 128 but the DAC firmware should play natively , if I don't run my interface with -D then I can only get DSD 64 playable ,

Thanks for tips guys,

I got it working via SqueezeliteX GUI + multiroom tab for now,

The other issue Ive ran into is that GUI dosent list kernel streaming options for my sound interfaces,
    while -l command clearly does and lunching WDM-KS manually from CMD works perfectly fine without the X,

I've tried running Ralph's Squeezelite-x64.exe which btw is identical to the one include with X version as Greg stated above,

I've copied the service into different locations but this still prevents to run two interfaces in parallel via manual scrips without the help of GUI X, as one replaces the other even if executble is renamed,

Any idea how to run experimental mode via option switches ? Also -z dosent work for me in order to run x64 as a deamon so I will try run it as a service next and report back,

Also -D 50 give me trouble with playing DSD above 128 but the DAC firmware should play natively , if I don't run my interface with -D then I can only get DSD 64 playable ,
    You can enable Kernel sound devices in Squeezelite-X in the Advanced/Debug settings. I intentionally hide them by default because for me they work poorly on my own systems and in some case work only at 100% volume. But as I discussed in the documentation, others may have different results.

Name:  Enable KS.png
Views: 84
Size:  45.3 KB
    Squeezelite-X