Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Looks like you are using the "extGUI4LMS (Beta)" plugin. extGUI4LMS is an alternate web interface for Logitech Media Server that can be installed as a plugin and accessed via a link under "Extras" from the regular web interface. extGUI4LMS is not "mine". Squeezelite-X is designed to be used with the regular default web interface provided by LMS only. I'm not that familiar with extGUI4LMS, so I went and installed it and tried it out. Frankly I'm not a fan of that interface, but to each their own.

I guess suffice to say, SLX is not compatible with the extGUI4LMS addon, given SLX's low level interaction with the regular browser interface. You can only use the regular "Default" LMS web interface, sorry.

I am not sure what you are referring to with "PlayList Editor". Is that a plugin?

R Greg Dawson
    Sorry, I seem to have mixed you up with another forum member/developer "Roland0"

No worries at all, I was just using that interface and Roland0's other plugin "Playlist Editor", to answer a query in another thread.

If they're not compatible, that's absolutely fine.

Name:  mix.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  8.1 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.2 - Pi3B+/pCP 4.1.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite, 25K library and playlists on WDMyCloud, LMS cache on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 4.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP 4.1.0 > HiFiBerry AMP+/retro radio
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 4.1.0 > Edifier R980T
    In car - RPi3B/pCP in AP mode > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's audio (files on a 2TB USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 1xBoom

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Sorry, I seem to have mixed you up with another forum member/developer "Roland0"

No worries at all, I was just using that interface and Roland0's other plugin "Playlist Editor", to answer a query in another thread.

If they're not compatible, that's absolutely fine.

Name:  mix.jpg
Views: 165
    OK got it. I could not initially find the Playlist Editor because I needed to add the repository.

So these to plugins are really designed to have their own dedicated browser window. I can look into detecting them and others like them when they are clicked on and bring up a separate browser window for them. In the meantime, you can add links to these two apps in the Tray Menu of SLX like so, (substitute you own server name)

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 149
Size:  13.9 KB

This will allow you to bring up these apps in their own dedicated browser window. At least then, you can access the functionality of these two apps conveniently. Hope that helps.

And I should add a tray menu variable for the server name so you don't have to hard code it as I show above.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Yes, that works fine, thanks

Name:  alt.jpg
Views: 152
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.2 - Pi3B+/pCP 4.1.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite, 25K library and playlists on WDMyCloud, LMS cache on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 4.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP 4.1.0 > HiFiBerry AMP+/retro radio
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 4.1.0 > Edifier R980T
    In car - RPi3B/pCP in AP mode > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's audio (files on a 2TB USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 1xBoom

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Yes, that works fine, thanks

Name:  alt.jpg
Views: 152
    In the next version, SLX will open a new browser automatically for these two plugins if you click on them from the Extras menu.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Version 1.7.5

I've been re-doing alot of plumbing lately. Here's what is new in the next version.

• When a connection is in progress, the "Apply" button changes to "Stop" and you can stop a connection in progress.
    • Certain connection errors will abort retrying if they have nothing to do with a server restarting or a server waiting to wake up.
    • Added a new Tray Menu Links variable %LMSURL% so you can add URLs on the server you are currently connected to.
    • Handle the extGUI4LMS plugin that provides an alternative web interface for LMS. SLX is not compatible with extGUI4LMS so SLX will open that in a separate browser
    • Handle LMSPlayList Editor plugin that provides a playlist editor as a new web interface. Like extGUI4LMS, this interface is not compatible within SLX, so SLX will open it in a new separate browser.
    • If you have multiple servers on your network, you could select it from the Players dropdown combo within the main browser interface, but this would mess up SLX. Now SLX will not let you do that. To change servers you have to do it in Settings.
    • After a server restart (for example, you updated/added/removed a plugin) SLX will refresh/reload the web interface upon reconnect.
    • Fixed a bug, where authentication was happening out of process and the timing was confusing SLX about certain exception conditions. Authentication now happens in process so internal exception handling is more reliable.
    • Main Browser interface is now "cleared" when disconnected.
    • Updated to latest Chromium Embedded Framework library.

Should be available in a few days.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    In the next version, SLX will open a new browser automatically for these two plugins if you click on them from the Extras menu.

R Greg Dawson
    You can now click on these plugins under extras and a new browser window will open for them.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Socket error #10054 when disconnecting/swapping connection

Hi,

I thought this error had been fixed in the past, when disconnecting my lan cable - but with an active wii available the app throws up the error. I am sure I saw this in past releases but not in 17.5. - but now in 1.7.6 - or is my memory playng me false.
    This is on Windows 10 UWP

Name:  Socket Error-10054 Connecton Reset by Peer Version 1.7.6 .jpg
Views: 87
Size:  64.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rodlogic View Post
    Hi,

I thought this error had been fixed in the past, when disconnecting my lan cable - but with an active wii available the app throws up the error. I am sure I saw this in past releases but not in 17.5. - but now in 1.7.6 - or is my memory playng me false.
    This is on Windows 10 UWP
    This was fixed some time before, or so I think. I'll take a look and see if I undid the fix somehow or what. Thanks for letting me know this is back.

Update: Yes, oops, sure enough I was refactoring some code in the previous version and accidentally undid the code that reset the connection when to adapter changed. Just fixed and tested it, so I'll publish update to store today.

R Greg Dawson
    Last edited by rgdawson; 2018-10-11 at 06:20.
    Squeezelite-X

Thanks Greg, appreciate this.
    Squeezelight-x is my go-to App for LMS playing and management.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Version 1.7.7

Just uploaded version 1.7.7.

New version 1.7.7:

Fixes regression bug where changing adapters (e.g. wired to wifi) caused SLX to report Socket error. I had fixed this before, but accidentally undid the fix in 1.7.6.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X