Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast
    I also noticed that when I power up my laptop at a different location (no lms) that the interface is opened upon logo to windows. Can dis be selectable behavior?
    SqueezeBoxes: 2x SB2 (Living room and study), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Bedroom)
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, D-Link Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    I also noticed that when I power up my laptop at a different location (no lms) that the interface is opened upon logo to windows. Can dis be selectable behavior?
    I see. Yes, I'll think about this.

Right now, SLX shows main window On Connection Error on startup if "Allow App to run in Background" is true, and Always if "Allow App to run in Background" if false.

Option 1: A "Show main window on startup" option with choices "Always", "Never", "On Connect Error" or something like that.

Option 2: A checkbox "Show Main Window on Startup Connection error", which is simpler and basically operates like Option 1 choices "Never" (UnChecked), and "On Connection Error" (Checked).

Option 3: No Option, just don't show Main Window on startup connection error. Maybe indicate in tray icon instead that there was a problem.

I think I like Option 3.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

I like option 3. Btw just a Grey icon is sufficient to know something is not ok. And if you're not on the lan with lms that's no surprise.
    SqueezeBoxes: 2x SB2 (Living room and study), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Bedroom)
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, D-Link Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    I see. Yes, I'll think about this.

Right now, SLX shows main window On Connection Error on startup if "Allow App to run in Background" is true, and Always if "Allow App to run in Background" if false.

Option 1: A "Show main window on startup" option with choices "Always", "Never", "On Connect Error" or something like that.

Option 2: A checkbox "Show Main Window on Startup Connection error", which is simpler and basically operates like Option 1 choices "Never" (UnChecked), and "On Connection Error" (Checked).

Option 3: No Option, just don't show Main Window on startup connection error. Maybe indicate in tray icon instead that there was a problem.

I think I like Option 3.

R Greg Dawson

Can you make the icon RED for option 3, I do not run SL on the PC so icon is usually grey anyway !

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7.5 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U2 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Can you make the icon RED for option 3, I do not run SL on the PC so icon is usually grey anyway !

Jeff
    I hope this would be OK?

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 117
Size:  2.5 KB

So right now, my scheme is

Blue = connected and player running
    Gray = Connected but player is disabled or off.
    Gray with warning indicator = Not Connected/Error.

I like the warning indicator for consistency because it matches the indicator you will see with the error description on the settings page.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

I hope this would be OK?

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 117
Size:  2.5 KB

I like the warning indicator for consistency because it matches the indicator you will see with the error description on the settings page.

R Greg Dawson
    Hi Greg,

Thanks for that, yes thats noticeable enough !

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7.5 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U2 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

I have no problems, I'm not writing to ask for support.

I've updated to 1.7.9 from an older version that I had installed some time ago and... WOW!!!
    Absolutely love the miniplayer option now available.

Thank you so much for the awesome work you keep on doing. I don't see links for donations in the About section, but if you have PayPal, please do PM me here. I would be honored to at least virtually offer you a beer or something.

Thanks man, really!
    Last edited by gorman; Yesterday at 13:07.

Quote Originally Posted by gorman View Post
    I have no problems, I'm not writing to ask for support.

I've updated to 1.7.9 from an older version that I had installed some time ago and... WOW!!!
    Absolutely love the miniplayer option now available.

Thank you so much for the awesome work you keep on doing. I don't see links for donations in the About section, but if you have PayPal, please do PM me here. I would be honored to at least virtually offering you a beer or something.

Thanks man, really!
    Thank you for the kind words of encouragement . My next beer will at least taste better.

I do recommend using the Microsoft Store version (for Windows 10 users) as it updates automatically.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

I just updated from 1.7.7 to 1.7.9 (legacy build, not Store version). I always liked the notification icon showing gray when player turned off, blue when on.

With the new update, however, when I turn the player off I am getting gray with the warning indicator. This seems wrong, or am I doing something wrong?

UPDATE: I am seeing the same with the Store version.
    Last edited by bwaldron; 2018-10-18 at 12:04.

I do recommend using the Microsoft Store version (for Windows 10 users) as it updates automatically.
    Funny thing, though, that's why I don't use it. There isn't any way (is there?) for me to revert to a previous version if an update introduces bugs (or even undesirable new features). Not that this has been an issue with Squeezelite-X