Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146
Results 1,451 to 1,455 of 1455
    Quote Originally Posted by gorman View Post
    What I can say is that selecting "Primary Sound Driver" seems to have solved the problems I had. I don't think there are bad things coming out of having that as the default but obviously I might be missing something.

Thanks for the help, in any case. For me your suggestion solved my problem. :-)

EDIT
    Spoke too soon. I'll try to describe what I see happening, maybe my case it's too specific, I don't know.

You state that "Default" currently picks the old Microsoft Sound Mapper (MME) option. It's strange because if I actually select that I'm currently getting the best results.

By picking Primary Sound Driver, Squeezelite-X has no problem in handling the switch from one sound device to another if music is currently played. If music was paused and I try to unpause it after switching sound device, I get only silence. And the only way to get sound back is either closing and restarting the app or selecting a differen option for output in the app and hitting "Apply".

Explicitly selecting Microsoft Sound Mapper (MME) gives me the desired result but it makes no sense considering what you explained...

EDIT 2
    If it could help, I use the SoundVolumeView utility to switch devices, enable/disable them, etc. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/sound_volume_view.html
    I, too, get good results using MME. BTW, in SLX 2.6.21, if you go into the Log Window (press F12) you will see and "Information" Drop Down and you can select Audio Devices. There, it will show you what the "Default" device actually is. I really don't know what the squeezelite player does when using "Primary Sound Driver" and you change the Windows sound device. It might just be that squeezelite-win.exe has to be restarted when that happens. I should probably buy a USB sound card and play around with it.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    I, too, get good results using MME. BTW, in SLX 2.6.21, if you go into the Log Window (press F12) you will see and "Information" Drop Down and you can select Audio Devices. There, it will show you what the "Default" device actually is. I really don't know what the squeezelite player does when using "Primary Sound Driver" and you change the Windows sound device. It might just be that squeezelite-win.exe has to be restarted when that happens. I should probably buy a USB sound card and play around with it.
    Updated and checked.

In my case I see this

Default=Speakers (Realtek High Definiti [MME]
    Microsoft Sound Mapper - Output [MME]

I note that the default would pick a specific audio device and not Microsoft Sound Mapper. Maybe this is why it was not working correctly for me, as it looked for a device that was disabled and did not know where to switch to. It seems to work fine now that I select Microsoft Sound Mapper - Output [MME].

SqueeezeliteX main menu vs LMS player interface settings for Additional Browse Modes

Hello
    I recently started using Squeezelite-X on my Windows10 workstation instead of the standard LMS webUI, it does wonders: faster, visually more effective and informative, great interface, thank you !

I seem to observe a glitch in the main SLX menu, regarding the way SLX reflects the LMS plug-in settings for "Additional Browse modes" , and unticked the "Compilations" and "Random Albums" boxes. However, contrary to other interfaces I also use (e.g. OrangeSqueeze on Android), SqueezeLiteX doesn't reflect these settings, and keeps displaying Compilations and Random Albums ..... My "Composer" mode is not listed in the main menu, contrary to other additional modes I have also set up (1 of which based on ALBUMARTIST, 2 of which based on specific GENREs in album view).
    Is this refusal to acknowledge the COMPOSER tag, and mishandling of optional views, a known limitation of SLX, or did I do smthg wrong ?

Please help if you've encountered a similar minor issue !
    Greetings from
    JLT
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    JLT Paris FR
    home/office music network: Synology DS214P, 3xSqueezeboxTouch (rooms), 2xSqueezeRadios (kitchen, bath), SOTM SMS200 streamer + OrangeSqueeze on Android tablet (living-rm), Sqeezelite-X on desktop workstation (office).

Is this Material skin you're using in SLX?

If yes, go to settings > click on the cog and make your changes there.

Name:  settings1.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  23.1 KB

Name:  settings2.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  58.6 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

JRiver WDM Output

First of all, let me say great app! Now, here's my issue. :P

I'm unable to output from Squeezelite-X to the Jriver WDM driver in WASAPI mode. It works fine in DirectSound or MME mode, but obviously those don't allow exclusive access. Foobar2000 has no problem controlling the Jriver WDM WASAPI driver, so it appears to be working fine. I'm able to use Foobar2000 as a DLNA renderer from LMS and then output to the Jriver driver, but this is a little... inelegant.