Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 200 of 205 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2045
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    To make thus more generic, what I plan to do is; if "?nativeUiChanges" (horrible name, but consistent) is passed in the URL the Material will invoke "updateUiSettings()" (passing a JSON string of new settings) whenever the Material settings are changed. I assume that would fulfil your use case?
    Yes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Squeezelite-X

Progress Indicator in Taskbar Icon in minimised mode

Hi,
    I posted a few weeks back that this had stopped working on the latest version when running in minimised window mode, then it seemed to work again, so I deleted the original post.

I've since pin-pointed the reason for it not working, it's a bit of a corner case, but I'll re-post the details here for completeness. Probably not worth the effort to fix, unless it's an easy one.

The trick to make it not work is to be using a Windows set up with multiple screens, run squeezelite-x in minimised mode and then move the minimised squeezelite-x from the primary display to the secondary display, the progress indicator in the task-bar icon then disappears.

As I said, a bit obscure and trivial, but there you go, I only discovered it because I working in my "study/office" set-up, a thing I try to do as rarely as possible nowadays
    Location 1: LMS 8.3 on Win 10 Brix Server, x3 SB Radios, x1 Touch, x1 Controller : Location 2: LMS 8.3 on Win 10 Brix Server, x2 SB Radios, x1 Duet Receiver, x1 Controller : Alexa Mediaserver Smart Skill, Material Android, SqueezeliteX control

Quote Originally Posted by staresy View Post
    Hi,
    I posted a few weeks back that this had stopped working on the latest version when running in minimised window mode, then it seemed to work again, so I deleted the original post.

I've since pin-pointed the reason for it not working, it's a bit of a corner case, but I'll re-post the details here for completeness. Probably not worth the effort to fix, unless it's an easy one.

The trick to make it not work is to be using a Windows set up with multiple screens, run squeezelite-x in minimised mode and then move the minimised squeezelite-x from the primary display to the secondary display, the progress indicator in the task-bar icon then disappears.

As I said, a bit obscure and trivial, but there you go, I only discovered it because I working in my "study/office" set-up, a thing I try to do as rarely as possible nowadays
    Thanks, I always appreciate feedback. I'm having trouble reproducing this on my multi-monitor setup. It is working as expected for me. That said, I may be not understanding what you mean by minimized. If the Squeezelite-X window is closed, but running in the background (i.e. there is a small icon in the tray area) then there is not task bar icon, so you won't see progress in that case. If minimized to the taskbar then it works for me. If you don't mind, please describe again in more detail. Are you referring to the mini-player, or the main window, are you running in background, etc. Thanks.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Thanks, I always appreciate feedback. I'm having trouble reproducing this on my multi-monitor setup. It is working as expected for me. That said, I may be not understanding what you mean by minimized. If the Squeezelite-X window is closed, but running in the background (i.e. there is a small icon in the tray area) then there is not task bar icon, so you won't see progress in that case. If minimized to the taskbar then it works for me. If you don't mind, please describe again in more detail. Are you referring to the mini-player, or the main window, are you running in background, etc. Thanks.

R Greg Dawson
    After re-checking, it's finger trouble at my end.

I'm running the mini player, I open squeezelite-x from the task bar on my primary display, put it into mini-player mode (the square with the arrow in button), and move it to the top corner of my second display, out of the way. My mistake was then looking at the task bar icon on the primary display which didn't show the progress. I've just realised that since the player is now on the second display the progress icon displays on that display, not the primary one.

So, all working fine, thanks for making me look a bit harder.
    Location 1: LMS 8.3 on Win 10 Brix Server, x3 SB Radios, x1 Touch, x1 Controller : Location 2: LMS 8.3 on Win 10 Brix Server, x2 SB Radios, x1 Duet Receiver, x1 Controller : Alexa Mediaserver Smart Skill, Material Android, SqueezeliteX control

Hi Greg,

In version 2.8.1.0 window title determined by system as "Squeezelite-X"
    In later versions (2.8.5.0, 2.8.8.0) window title = track title.
    Is it possible to add Squeezelite-X to window title or to add some settings for changing it?

Display vs system sleep

Nominally, if the built-in squeezelite player is playing anything, the PC should not fall asleep. (Assuming you have not defined any exceptions using powercfg.exe.)

R Greg Dawson
    Hi again - reviving an old question. I discovered my issue seems to be specifically that the display, rather than the computer, is sleeping, which kills the HDMI signal to my AVR, and the audio with it.
    Code:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /requests
    DISPLAY:
    None.

SYSTEM:
    [DRIVER] NVIDIA High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0084&SUBSYS_14628C95&REV_1001\5&2284ac4c&0&0001)
    An audio stream is currently in use.
    [DRIVER] Legacy Kernel Caller

AWAYMODE:
    None.

EXECUTION:
    None.

PERFBOOST:
    None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:
    None.
    It would be super if Squeezelite-X could also demand the display be kept alive (maybe as an option)

Thanks again for this fantastic little app

Quote Originally Posted by Merrill Aldrich View Post
    Hi again - reviving an old question. I discovered my issue seems to be specifically that the display, rather than the computer, is sleeping, which kills the HDMI signal to my AVR, and the audio with it.
    Code:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /requests
    DISPLAY:
    None.

SYSTEM:
    [DRIVER] NVIDIA High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0084&SUBSYS_14628C95&REV_1001\5&2284ac4c&0&0001)
    An audio stream is currently in use.
    [DRIVER] Legacy Kernel Caller

AWAYMODE:
    None.

EXECUTION:
    None.

PERFBOOST:
    None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:
    None.
    It would be super if Squeezelite-X could also demand the display be kept alive (maybe as an option)

Thanks again for this fantastic little app
    Nice idea. It is easy to tell the OS to keep the display alive. I think I would only want to do this when the Squeezelite player is enabled and running. Even more, I should do this only when Squeezelite is actually playing, but not when paused or stopped. Right? That last part, I have to think about some, but should be doable. Ideally, I would only want to do this if you are using the display for audio, but I don't think I can detect that.

Any reason, to make this an option rather than just always doing this? Afterall, the squeezelite player is already preventing full sleep under these circumstances. I'm inclined to not make it an option, but admittedly have not thought through all the use cases for making this an option.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by VadimLe View Post
    Hi Greg,

In version 2.8.1.0 window title determined by system as "Squeezelite-X"
    In later versions (2.8.5.0, 2.8.8.0) window title = track title.
    Is it possible to add Squeezelite-X to window title or to add some settings for changing it?
    Correct, I made that change when I was adding the feature to display progress in the taskbar icon. I did it so that the current track playing would display on the taskbar preview thumbnail, as it appears that that is what other programs (like the spotify app) do. There is not enough room there to display both, so it is one or the other. I'm on the fence.

What is your point of view and reasoning?

Again, I'm on the fence. When I did it, I had second thoughts, but it seemed common among other programs, so I did it. Even Microsoft Office apps do this with filename.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Correct, I made that change when I was adding the feature to display progress in the taskbar icon. I did it so that the current track playing would display on the taskbar preview thumbnail, as it appears that that is what other programs (like the spotify app) do.
    It's clear.

What is your point of view and reasoning?
    Due to the specifics of monitor, I had to automate tidying up the desktop and setting the position and size of applications windows (like many others, I suppose ). I do it with AutoHotKey and it selects the required windows by title.

When I did it, I had second thoughts, but it seemed common among other programs, so I did it. Even Microsoft Office apps do this with filename.
    Excel and Word for example still have this words after a file name.
    Well, Tidal does not...

Quote Originally Posted by VadimLe View Post
    Excel and Word for example still have this words after a file name.
    In terms of your automation, it's just looking for the app name anywhere in the label? In which case, assuming the API allows it, I suggest something like

Code:
    Track Name (Squeezelite-X)
    and the label will be truncated anyway, so typically only the track name would be visible?

Greg? Would this work?