Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 196 of 200 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 1994

Slight delay

Hello!
    Iím pretty new to the lms community, I actually just got everything all stood up last weekend!

I was looking for a good solution for windows and I discovered this project! Super excited about it. Love that itís in the windows store!

Iím noticing Iím getting a small but noticeable delay.. maybe a quarter second. Does this project support sync or only multi room? Iím good either way but I donít want to go on a wild goose chase only to find that it doesnít support it. My other two instances are shairport players.

If it does, any suggestions?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Hello!
    Iím pretty new to the lms community, I actually just got everything all stood up last weekend!

I was looking for a good solution for windows and I discovered this project! Super excited about it. Love that itís in the windows store!

Iím noticing Iím getting a small but noticeable delay.. maybe a quarter second. Does this project support sync or only multi room? Iím good either way but I donít want to go on a wild goose chase only to find that it doesnít support it. My other two instances are shairport players.

If it does, any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Welcome to the community. Synchronizing players is an LMS function and it works fine with logitech players. I'm not sure it works well between hardware/software players or dissimilar players.
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Welcome to the community. Synchronizing players is an LMS function and it works fine with logitech players. I'm not sure it works well between hardware/software players or dissimilar players.
    Thank you, this is my second time posting in an open source community! Iíll fiddle with it and see what I can make work.

If the difference between them is constant then you might be able to adjust things using the Settings/Player/<your player>/Synchronise settings - see the settings at the bottom of that set.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    If the difference between them is constant then you might be able to adjust things using the Settings/Player/<your player>/Synchronise settings - see the settings at the bottom of that set.
    Good idea, I'll start there

Have you had success doing that?

With genuine SB players and Squeezelite ... yes.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

I know this may have already been discussed, I can't recall and the thread is very long, but is there enough control in WIndows Universal apps to make the taskbar icon a progress bar for the current track or something - I have other apps, but not UWP things - that do this, like:

Name:  Screenshot 2021-07-03 112722.png
Views: 164
Size:  64.6 KB

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Galbavy View Post
    I know this may have already been discussed, I can't recall and the thread is very long, but is there enough control in WIndows Universal apps to make the taskbar icon a progress bar for the current track or something - I have other apps, but not UWP things - that do this, like:

Name:  Screenshot 2021-07-03 112722.png
Views: 164
Size:  64.6 KB

Peter
    Interesting idea that has not been discussed before. I'll have to look into this. BTW, SLX is not a true UWP app, rather it is actually a regular Win app packaged using desktop bridge. Anyway, I assume I can put whatever text I want in the taskbar. Showing progress graphically is also possible as you show in your graphic. So yes, this is possible. I'll play around with it and see what happens.

R Greg Dawson
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Interesting idea that has not been discussed before. I'll have to look into this. BTW, SLX is not a true UWP app, rather it is actually a regular Win app packaged using desktop bridge. Anyway, I assume I can put whatever text I want in the taskbar. Showing progress graphically is also possible as you show in your graphic. So yes, this is possible. I'll play around with it and see what happens.
    Great! Thanks for all the hard work, BTW!

KS issue WINDOWS 10

Hello Everybody, I am a new member with questions.
    I've spent time with this discussion searching for a solution to a situation with Squeezelite-X 64 bit installer edition 2.8.2.0
    It's been touched on but nothing definitive that I have found.

Running Squeezelite-X on a Windows 10 machine (new build) to a Musiland Monitor 03 Dragon USB DAC at 16/44.
    It all works a treat except I cannot get kernel streaming to operate.

The complaint I receive is :
    'Squeezelite player ("Squeezelite-X") aborted. Check Squeezelite Parameters'

I've set the DAC in Windows sound panel to 16/44 in Exclusive mode and the Musiland sound panel reflects that setting.
    I am at a loss about how to troubleshoot this.
    Any suggestions?
    Also this- KS appears to work in LMS but not sure if it's true. I get the feeling Squeezelite is reverting back to the default setting (direct sound or mme) when encountering this exception.

I've been a long time fan of the Squeezebox (although mine are long dead), I still use the media server as my main listening interface and appreciate all the good work that has been done.
    Logitech Media Server has come a very long way since the Squeezecenter beginnings.
    I'm a fan.
    Nowadays, I find myself leaning toward Squeezelite-X for its small footprint, ease of use (Material Skin) and all around quality code.

Thanks in advance. ;-)
    Last edited by monkman; 2021-07-07 at 07:07. Reason: cap