Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 289
  1. #161
    Senior Member mr-b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    If the app is running in the background, it check about every 8 seconds to confirm it is still able to see the server. If the server connection has dropped, then SLX will try t-reconnect to it. Part of that re-connect process includes a step to try WOL if the option is set.

    If Disable Local Player is checked, then SLX will not even load the squeezelite-win.exe. This means there is no local player running. The On/Off switch simulates the On/Off switch of a player that is running. So you can have a player running that is powered off. An it will still show up in the interface and other interfaces and can be powered back on. I admit there is not much practical utility on having the On/Off switch.
    Thanks for the info. I think this explains why my server was kept awake! SqX is running in the task tray and I open it from there.

    It appears that the native SB players are configured to only send WOL packets on power on or right arrow i.e. browsing the library.
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Wake_on_LAN

    Is there any chance this could be mirrored in SqX i.e. it only sends a WOL packet if there's server activity required from the browser?

    RE: the "Player" on/off switch, maybe it could be labelled "Current Player" to differentiate it from Local SqX Player, or else consider removing it if it doesn't serve much useful function?
    Last edited by mr-b; 2018-05-16 at 03:19.

  2. #162

    Had to use standalone installer

    Hi,
    I just discovered this packaging of SPL.....Thank you so much!
    I had to dig a bit and use the standalone installer because the MS Store one would not install and no feedback (just 2 sec pause when I click the setup store button).

    I use win10_64_pro Version 10.0.17134 NumÚro 17134

    Anyway thank you for doing this AND having a standalone setup.

  3. #163
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO, USA
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by atz6975 View Post
    Hi,
    I just discovered this packaging of SPL.....Thank you so much!
    I had to dig a bit and use the standalone installer because the MS Store one would not install and no feedback (just 2 sec pause when I click the setup store button).

    I use win10_64_pro Version 10.0.17134 NumÚro 17134

    Anyway thank you for doing this AND having a standalone setup.
    I have observed occasionally the Windows Store not being immediately responsive and I sometimes need to "come back later". It is rare, but it occasionally happens. If you do try the Windows Store version again, be sure and uninstall the legacy install first.

    --R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

  4. #164
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO, USA
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-b View Post
    Thanks for the info. I think this explains why my server was kept awake! SqX is running in the task tray and I open it from there.

    It appears that the native SB players are configured to only send WOL packets on power on or right arrow i.e. browsing the library.
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Wake_on_LAN

    Is there any chance this could be mirrored in SqX i.e. it only sends a WOL packet if there's server activity required from the browser?

    RE: the "Player" on/off switch, maybe it could be labelled "Current Player" to differentiate it from Local SqX Player, or else consider removing it if it doesn't serve much useful function?
    Thanks for the link. To be more clear, SLX only sends WOL when it powers on the player. This only happens on startup, on Apply Settings, or when it discovers its connection has been dropped. So yes, if SLX is running and server goes to sleep, SLX will wake it back up. But I'm not sure if it will server will go to sleep in first place squeezelite-win player is on and connected. I am going to study the link you posted and attempt to mirror that functionality.

    R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Not sure if that is it. I cannot reproduce the issue under any circumstances on any of my machines. My theory is that something is happening in an unusual order on startup where multiple threads are starting up and something is happening unexpectedly early or late based on the machine, configuration, and activity. I am carefully analyzing the code and investigating some theories, but nothing concrete yet. Expect to see some updates soon.

    R Greg Dawson
    I have unistalled the Win10 App and installed .19 from your Onedrive x86 version. The same error occurs with this version.
    I also noticed that squeezelite-win.exe loads then exits whilst the squeezelitex.exe sits in memory not doing anything - the situation seems to be worse :-(

    I have reinstalled the Win10 app now - but again squeezelite-win.exe loads and exits - very wierd.

  6. #166
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO, USA
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by rodlogic View Post
    I have unistalled the Win10 App and installed .19 from your Onedrive x86 version. The same error occurs with this version.
    I also noticed that squeezelite-win.exe loads then exits whilst the squeezelitex.exe sits in memory not doing anything - the situation seems to be worse :-(

    I have reinstalled the Win10 app now - but again squeezelite-win.exe loads and exits - very wierd.
    rodlogic, Obviously something is going weird on your system. What I think you are saying is as follows:

    You see an Access Violation on startup BEFORE the tray icon appears.
    Then, you see the tray icon and you can get to the settings and see the Application Log.
    The application log indicates that something went wrong after "Read Settings from Registry"
    If you press "Apply" here, the icon turn blue and things work.

    Can you send me what the application log says?

    R Greg Dawson
    Last edited by rgdawson; 2018-05-17 at 10:26.
    Squeezelite-X

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    rodlogic, Obviously something is going weird on your system. What I think you are saying is as follows:

    You see an Access Violation on startup BEFORE the tray icon appears.
    Then, you see the tray icon and you can get to the settings and see the Application Log.
    The application log indicates that something went wrong after "Read Settings from Registry"
    If you press "Apply" here, the icon turn blue and things work.

    Can you send me what the application log says?

    R Greg Dawson

    This is a link to a screen capture video of what is happening.

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D_u...ew?usp=sharing

    You can see the app triggerred, The Access Violation Notice at the same time Squeezelite-win and Squeezelitex load, then Squeezelite-win unloads and only Sqeezelitex remains. Also Squeezelitex does not open from the Icon.

    I have investigated further - I have changed the permissions on the c:\program files\windowsapps folder to gain access to your app package - if I launch squeezelite-win.exe from this directory and wait for a minute I can then launch squeezelitex.exe without the access violation. Of course I then have 2 x squeezelite-win.exe running - but no access violation window !

    I can then kill the first squeezelite-win.exe and the app continues as normal.

    I wonder if there is a race condition here where squeezelite-win.exe needs to load first before squeezelitex.exe communicates with it
    I have attached the app log as well

    ?Squeezelitex Log.txt
    Last edited by rodlogic; 2018-05-17 at 22:08. Reason: information update

  8. #168
    Same error here but now it works again:
    I simply used the repair option under advanced options in windows settings. After that Squeezelite-X started without the error.

  9. #169
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO, USA
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by rodlogic View Post
    I have unistalled the Win10 App and installed .19 from your Onedrive x86 version. The same error occurs with this version.
    I also noticed that squeezelite-win.exe loads then exits whilst the squeezelitex.exe sits in memory not doing anything - the situation seems to be worse :-(

    I have reinstalled the Win10 app now - but again squeezelite-win.exe loads and exits - very wierd.
    I have noticed that if I remote desktop into my home machine and I configure Squeezelite-X to use a specific output device, "Remote Audio [Windows WASAPI]"), then disconnecting the remote session (while not signing out) causes squeezelite-win.exe to terminate. It apparently does not like its WASAPI output device disappearing on it. Interestingly, if I select "Remote Audio [Windows DirectSound], squeezelite-win.exe does not terminate when I disconnect the remote session. I'm wondering if your startup issue is related to output device. Do you have a specific output device selected, or are you using default. Do you get the error with output device = default?

    [Edit...] Running some more experiments, I have observed that if there is something wrong with the output device (not ready, not there), squeezelite-win.exe will start OK, then terminate itself. I had code to capture that case, but was only giving a certain amount of time to detect it. My code would check and make sure squeezelite-win.exe was still running after 1 second and assume all was good. But my experimentation has found that sometimes it takes longer than that. So I am thinking the behavior you saw where squeezelite-win.exe terminated was such a case and that you have an output device other than default selected, just a guess. I'm working on better code to handle this case without causing too much delay in startup.

    R Greg Dawson
    Last edited by rgdawson; 2018-05-21 at 16:18.
    Squeezelite-X

  10. #170
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO, USA
    Posts
    191

    Version 1.4.0

    Version 1.4.0 is coming soon that should fix the startup issues a few here have seen.

    R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •