Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 104 of 111 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1109
    Quote Originally Posted by mjschaff View Post
    on a new windows 10 build I downloaded Squeezelite-X from the windows store. It launches with an incomplete splash screen and then disappears. Trying to run as an administrator does the same thing. I browsed the forum - but didn't seem to see anything. Any suggested troubleshooting steps would be appreciated. Thanks!
    I have not been able to reproduce this. A new version is being published 2.4.20, which may solve your problem. The program crashing like that would indicate an unhandled exception in a thread. Let me know if 2.4.20 solves the issue when you get it.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    I have not been able to reproduce this. A new version is being published 2.4.20, which may solve your problem. The program crashing like that would indicate an unhandled exception in a thread. Let me know if 2.4.20 solves the issue when you get it.

R Greg Dawson
    I just found .20 in the Store and updated manually. It's running well here.
    LMS: SGC microJukebox running Sonicorbiter OS
    Control apps: Squeezelite-X on Win 10; Squeezer or Material web app on Android
    Players: Duet, Touch (two), Mac SqueezePlay, Win Squeezelite-X on laptop and HTPC

Access violation after reboot

I have something new, as of yet, Surface Go only. After every reboot, SLX' tray icon is grey with an exclamation mark. Clicking it gives me:

Name:  lms_slx_1.png
Views: 122
Size:  3.0 KB

Code:
    INFO   00:13:08.253  Program Start (22.10.2019)
    INFO   00:13:08.529  Squeezelite-X, Version: 2.4.20
                         Windows Version: Windows 10, version 1903 (Windows 10 May 2019 Update)
                         Squeezelite Version: 1.9.4-1196
                         CEF Version: 77.1.14.0 (Chrome: 77.0.3865.120)
                         CEF Cache: Persistent (Disk)
                         Browser Cache Size: 10.552.195 bytes
    INFO   00:13:08.529  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                         Creating Main Form
                         ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    INFO   00:13:08.667  Creating Main Browser
    INFO   00:13:08.756  Log Window Created
    INFO  *00:13:08.892  Set Mouse Hook - Success
    INFO   00:13:08.972  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                         Start InitProgram
                         ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    INFO   00:13:08.973  Read Settings From Registry
    INFO   00:13:09.137  Registering MediaKeys
    INFO   00:13:09.137  ConnectAll Called
    INFO   00:13:09.150  ConnectAll Complete.
    INFO   00:13:09.150  Access violation at address 006FF5AA in module 'SqueezeliteX.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFC
    INFO   00:13:09.150  Not worth retrying because unauthorized or WOL = false
    INFO   00:13:09.178  TrayMenu Assigned
    INFO   00:13:09.178  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                         End InitProgram [925 ms]
    INFO   00:13:26.989  MainViewForm.Show (Begin)
    After killing SLX' process tree, it starts without a problem.
    QLMS 7.9.2@2.04 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    I have something new, as of yet, Surface Go only. After every reboot, SLX' tray icon is grey with an exclamation mark. Clicking it gives me:

Name:  lms_slx_1.png
Views: 122
Size:  3.0 KB

Code:
    INFO   00:13:08.253  Program Start (22.10.2019)
    INFO   00:13:08.529  Squeezelite-X, Version: 2.4.20
                         Windows Version: Windows 10, version 1903 (Windows 10 May 2019 Update)
                         Squeezelite Version: 1.9.4-1196
                         CEF Version: 77.1.14.0 (Chrome: 77.0.3865.120)
                         CEF Cache: Persistent (Disk)
                         Browser Cache Size: 10.552.195 bytes
    INFO   00:13:08.529  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                         Creating Main Form
    INFO   00:13:08.667  Creating Main Browser
    INFO   00:13:08.756  Log Window Created
    INFO  *00:13:08.892  Set Mouse Hook - Success
    INFO   00:13:08.972  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                         Start InitProgram
    INFO   00:13:08.973  Read Settings From Registry
    INFO   00:13:09.137  Registering MediaKeys
    INFO   00:13:09.137  ConnectAll Called
    INFO   00:13:09.150  ConnectAll Complete.
    INFO   00:13:09.150  Access violation at address 006FF5AA in module 'SqueezeliteX.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFC
    INFO   00:13:09.150  Not worth retrying because unauthorized or WOL = false
    INFO   00:13:09.178  TrayMenu Assigned
    INFO   00:13:09.178  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                         End InitProgram [925 ms]
    INFO   00:13:26.989  MainViewForm.Show (Begin)
    After killing SLX' process tree, it starts without a problem.
    I don't have a Surface Go to test on, but I had sort of just assumed that SLX would not run on a Surface Go with Windows 10 S-Mode, because I didn't think the software player, squeezelite-win.exe could run on Win10 in S-Mode. But you are saying that it sorta does, at least after what you describe above. Are you running S-Mode on that Surface Go, or do you have regular Win10?

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

I don't have a Surface Go to test on, but I had sort of just assumed that SLX would not run on a Surface Go with Windows 10 S-Mode, because I didn't think the software player, squeezelite-win.exe could run on Win10 in S-Mode. But you are saying that it sorta does, at least after what you describe above. Are you running S-Mode on that Surface Go, or do you have regular Win10?

R Greg Dawson
    It's regular Win 10.
    QLMS 7.9.2@2.04 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    It's regular Win 10.
    OK. This is curious. I'm guessing you have SLX configured to automatically start on boot up? If you disable automatic run of SLX on startup (using Task Manager), then start the app manually after booting, does that exhibit the error? I'm expecting (hoping) you to tell me "no"; that this approach works. If that is the case, then that is a clue. It may be that certain devices (e.g. network adapter) are not ready when SLX starts. I may need to add some extra code to detect and wait if needed.

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about this.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

OK. This is curious. I'm guessing you have SLX configured to automatically start on boot up? If you disable automatic run of SLX on startup (using Task Manager), then start the app manually after booting, does that exhibit the error? I'm expecting (hoping) you to tell me "no"; that this approach works. If that is the case, then that is a clue. It may be that certain devices (e.g. network adapter) are not ready when SLX starts. I may need to add some extra code to detect and wait if needed.

R Greg Dawson
    In looking at my code, I found a case that the error you describe will indeed happen if the computer does not have a network card installed or returns a blank string when fetching the local IP address. So, of course, that leads me to think that if when SLX starts up, if the network card is not "there" yet, you would also see this. I am adding code to detect this situation and if there is no network card, or maybe more precisely, no IP address, then wait a bit for one to show up.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

R Greg Dawson
    You are correct: Disabling automatic run and starting it manually works. Thank you for taking even more time to fix this.

In looking at my code, I found a case that the error you describe will indeed happen if the computer does not have a network card installed or returns a blank string when fetching the local IP address. So, of course, that leads me to think that if when SLX starts up, if the network card is not "there" yet, you would also see this. I am adding code to detect this situation and if there is no network card, or maybe more precisely, no IP address, then wait a bit for one to show up.

R Greg Dawson
    Great, thank you!

Your fix works, thank you!

Version 2.4.22

I submitted version 2.4.22 to store

Changes:

• Fix error caused when computer lacks network card or when the network card is not ready on start up. SLX will detect no network access on initialization and if not present, wait up to 4 seconds before reporting "No Network Access". This issue was reported by dolodobendan.
    • Changes to the logging Window.
    • Updated to latest version of Chromium Embedded Framework.
    • More startup speed optimization.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X