Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194
Results 1,931 to 1,939 of 1939
    Quote Originally Posted by left channel View Post
    Attachment 34256

Eureka, ASIO4ALL started showing up in my SLX player list again after I installed an alternative, ASIO2WASAPI, which doesn't itself show up in SLX (although other players see it) but maybe it fixed ASIO4ALL for SLX. Or not. I have no idea.

To answer your question (or not), I use only USB, but ASIO is supposed to work with all sound devices. So if that converter is your sound device, then ASIO4ALL should find it and use it with no problem. But my desktop PC has no sound devices other than whatever USB DAC I plug in, so that's easy for me to say.
    I was able to get FlexASIO to work. ASIO4ALL wouldn't work with my USB to Optical adapter. It was nice adding my HiRes files to the library!

Quote Originally Posted by himey View Post
    I was able to get FlexASIO to work. ASIO4ALL wouldn't work with my USB to Optical adapter. It was nice adding my HiRes files to the library!
    Excellent! FlexASIO is the most flexible/configurable, and I was going to try that next. Welcome to SLX Hi-Res!
    LMS: SGC microJukebox running Sonicorbiter OS
    Control apps: Squeezelite-X on Win 10; Squeezer or Material web app on Android
    Players: Duet, Touch (two), Mac SqueezePlay, Win Squeezelite-X on laptop and HTPC

Quote Originally Posted by dragosmanea View Post
    Hey! I am new to this software. I am starting to discover it because I like it's sound. A little laid back and more 3D than Jriver used before. I also like the Android remote.
    So, I am using it o a W10 laptop, and I want to ask you a few questions:

1. When I play DSD files, the DAC shows me it's maxim sample rate in PCM, but not DSD. The checkbox: DSD Player is checked in the Plugins page. When I play the same track in Jriver, the DAC shows DSD. What can I do to play DSD files in DSD format?
    Anyone? I still cannot play native DSD. I don't know why Squeezelite-X converts all DSD files into PCM. (

Quote Originally Posted by dragosmanea View Post
    Anyone? I still cannot play native DSD. I don't know why Squeezelite-X converts all DSD files into PCM. (
    I don't know anything about DSD, but Squeezelite-X is just running the squeezelite player as-is in the background, so perhaps you might find an answer in the squeezelite forum also.

R. Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

smthg wrong with SLX 2.7 install from Microsoft Store ?

Hello
    I'm happily running SLX 2.6.5 "legacy" version from my desk on Win10 (Squeezelite 1.9.6), and just learned that a new SLX release includes Squeezelite 1.9.9, which I am interested in. On the Microsoft store, this new SLX version appears as v2.7.21 - yet it doesn't seem to install and run properly on my system. When hitting the RUN button (after install.) from the store, I get error messages from SLX : "failed to set date for ClearCache" .... then the SLX settings page comes up with all settings blank ..... and the "about" page says "version: x.x.x.x." and "date: GMT" ...... finally, if I run SLX from my existing desktop shortcut, it still runs v2.6.5 with no glitch of any sort..... I'm baffled ! How should I go about safely and correctly installing SLX 2.7.xx on my desk system ? Please help ! (and thanks for your interest)
    JLT Paris FR
    home/office music network: Innuos Zenith server, 3xSqueezeboxTouch (rooms), 2xSqueezeRadios (kitchen, bath), ALLO USBridge Signature streamer (piCorePlayer/Squeezelite/Jivelite) + OrangeSqueeze on Android tablet (living-rm), Sqeezelite-X on desktop workstation (office).

Quote Originally Posted by jlt1947 View Post
    Hello
    I'm happily running SLX 2.6.5 "legacy" version from my desk on Win10 (Squeezelite 1.9.6), and just learned that a new SLX release includes Squeezelite 1.9.9, which I am interested in. On the Microsoft store, this new SLX version appears as v2.7.21 - yet it doesn't seem to install and run properly on my system. When hitting the RUN button (after install.) from the store, I get error messages from SLX : "failed to set date for ClearCache" .... then the SLX settings page comes up with all settings blank ..... and the "about" page says "version: x.x.x.x." and "date: GMT" ...... finally, if I run SLX from my existing desktop shortcut, it still runs v2.6.5 with no glitch of any sort..... I'm baffled ! How should I go about safely and correctly installing SLX 2.7.xx on my desk system ? Please help ! (and thanks for your interest)
    Odd, however I'm guessing that the two installations are conflicting. I would recommend that you uninstall the legacy version before installing the Store version. In your case uninstall both. Then install the store version.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Odd, however I'm guessing that the two installations are conflicting. I would recommend that you uninstall the legacy version before installing the Store version. In your case uninstall both. Then install the store version.

R Greg Dawson
    Hello again RGD,
    and thx for the advice, I should have started with a fresh install, sorry !
    However, the 2.7.21 SLX behaves very strangely when trying to key in some settings (choice of server name, material skin, buttons 'on' etc): first there is no default player in the player field (should have at least 'Squeezelite-X'), plus the new settings cannot be saved, they keep getting re-initialized to their default values (e.g. no way to keep material skin on), and an error msg appears when filling in the 'player' field...... Going back to your 'legacy' version: works perfectly (after adjusting settings). Too bad the Squeezlite version is from last year.....
    I suspect the 2.7 failure may be due to surviving registry keys after the legacy version deletion. Any further suggestion please ?
    Thanks !

On second thought, I went back to your "legacy" source (your MS cloud) and discovered you have a 2.7.9.0 SLX version from 24 November 2020 there. I updated my install with it (Win64 installer) and discovered that the embedded Squeezelite has moved up to 1.9.8 . Half way there (AFAIK) ! I wonder if you'd have the time to upload your current SLX version in the near future ..... Please advise ! thx much.
    Last edited by jlt1947; Yesterday at 01:35. Reason: further testing
    JLT Paris FR
    home/office music network: Innuos Zenith server, 3xSqueezeboxTouch (rooms), 2xSqueezeRadios (kitchen, bath), ALLO USBridge Signature streamer (piCorePlayer/Squeezelite/Jivelite) + OrangeSqueeze on Android tablet (living-rm), Sqeezelite-X on desktop workstation (office).

Quote Originally Posted by jlt1947 View Post
    Hello again RGD,
    and thx for the advice, I should have started with a fresh install, sorry !
    However, the 2.7.21 SLX behaves very strangely when trying to key in some settings (choice of server name, material skin, buttons 'on' etc): first there is no default player in the player field (should have at least 'Squeezelite-X'), plus the new settings cannot be saved, they keep getting re-initialized to their default values (e.g. no way to keep material skin on), and an error msg appears when filling in the 'player' field...... Going back to your 'legacy' version: works perfectly (after adjusting settings). Too bad the Squeezlite version is from last year.....
    I suspect the 2.7 failure may be due to surviving registry keys after the legacy version deletion. Any further suggestion please ?
    Thanks !

On second thought, I went back to your "legacy" source (your MS cloud) and discovered you have a 2.7.9.0 SLX version from 24 November 2020 there. I updated my install with it (Win64 installer) and discovered that the embedded Squeezelite has moved up to 1.9.8 . Half way there (AFAIK) ! I wonder if you'd have the time to upload your current SLX version in the near future ..... Please advise ! thx much.
    My cloud folder does have the latest there 2.7.21. So not sure at this point where you stand. You may be correct in that there are some lingering registry settings. It is complicated by the way the Store apps work. A store app will copy registry settings from the actual registry into its own virtual registry. The uninstall should have removed the registry settings, but not sure what happened. If you have uninstalled the store app and are back to the legacy app, you should see the latest there. Old versions are in a sub-folder. I have considered adding code to the Store app to detect and uninstall the legacy app, but never got around to it, perhaps I should. You can reset the app and the registry settings, by going into Squeezelite-X settings, enabling Debug options (Pressing Ctrl-Shift-D in older versions) and enabling Reset All, and press Apply.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-05-13 103523.png
Views: 56
Size:  79.2 KB
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    My cloud folder does have the latest there 2.7.21. So not sure at this point where you stand. You may be correct in that there are some lingering registry settings. It is complicated by the way the Store apps work. A store app will copy registry settings from the actual registry into its own virtual registry. The uninstall should have removed the registry settings, but not sure what happened. If you have uninstalled the store app and are back to the legacy app, you should see the latest there. Old versions are in a sub-folder. I have considered adding code to the Store app to detect and uninstall the legacy app, but never got around to it, perhaps I should. You can reset the app and the registry settings, by going into Squeezelite-X settings, enabling Debug options (Pressing Ctrl-Shift-D in older versions) and enabling Reset All, and press Apply.
    Thank you for pointing this out to me, the MS Store seems rather messy, while your standard installer works 100% fine (especially for someone like me who's been with MS Windows since version 2.10 LOL). So glad you keep maintaining your app (unlike Ben Sandee with OrangeSqueeze....), keep up the good works !
    JLT Paris FR