Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 215 of 222 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2213
    Thanks Greg for all your last answers, you manage your project with a lot of good intentions, you share the way how you do it, it's a pleasure for your users

I've tested this new 2.11.4.0 version (with traditional installer )
    I found the new button which allow to put the window in full screen but I didn't find way to hide window controls so the behavior of the button seems to be the same as the classic "Maximize".

By the way, about these buttons in the toolbar, do you think possible to have tooltiptext ? (it could help new users because the first time we click on the mini player button we don't know what will happens )

Quote Originally Posted by schmurtz View Post
    Thanks Greg for all your last answers, you manage your project with a lot of good intentions, you share the way how you do it, it's a pleasure for your users

I've tested this new 2.11.4.0 version (with traditional installer )
    I found the new button which allow to put the window in full screen but I didn't find way to hide window controls so the behavior of the button seems to be the same as the classic "Maximize".

By the way, about these buttons in the toolbar, do you think possible to have tooltiptext ? (it could help new users because the first time we click on the mini player button we don't know what will happens )
    The Titlebar will appear as normal when you go to full screen - UNLESS - if you click on Material's "Expand Now Playing" button, when in that view the titlebar is hidden. It will reappear when you leave "Expanded Now Playing".

Full Screen will expand to cover the whole window. Maximize will expand to cover the whole work area (leaving the task bar visible). If the taskbar is not visible, then yah, the work area and entire window is the same, so the only difference would be the hiding of the titlebar in Material Skin, if Expanded Nowplaying.

I could have tool tips. I used to have them, but I disabled them because they would appear on touch when I did not want them to. I'll re-look at that as I am smarter about touch then I was back when I did that.

My pleasure,

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Denon Control

Has anyone with a networked Denon/Marantz AVR tried out the control feature? With 4 Denons in the house I use it all the time. Just curious.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    The Titlebar will appear as normal when you go to full screen - UNLESS - if you click on Material's "Expand Now Playing" button, when in that view the titlebar is hidden. It will reappear when you leave "Expanded Now Playing".

Full Screen will expand to cover the whole window. Maximize will expand to cover the whole work area (leaving the task bar visible). If the taskbar is not visible, then yah, the work area and entire window is the same, so the only difference would be the hiding of the titlebar in Material Skin, if Expanded Nowplaying.

I could have tool tips. I used to have them, but I disabled them because they would appear on touch when I did not want them to. I'll re-look at that as I am smarter about touch then I was back when I did that.

My pleasure,

R Greg Dawson
    Ok, clearly understood, I've tested again and fullscreen option really great, thank you !

Some remarks on the use :
    - May be a keyboard shortcut like "alt + enter" could be added to switch fullscreen ?
    - I understand that you don't have many alternative but switching the presence of the title bar when you switch between now playing and main view is a little strange. It could be a little better if it was possible to stay in fullscreen.
    - the "mobile layout" is strangely managed by this new fullscreen option : if you activate the "mobile layout" during a fullscreen you will be in fullscreen mode for ever and vice versa. I have to say that it is the best experience on my touch device : the app is beatiful in fullscreen and switching between playing and browse is easy thanks to big touch buttons. (I know that it's not the desired behavior because we can't exit fullscreen without esc key from keyboard.. but please don't kill it )
    - These 2 last remarks make me think that we should found an alternative to exit fullscreen (something else than the button "now playing" button) :
    • You can't oveeride an exit fullscreen button in Material skin ?
    • You can't catch a double tap touch at the middle top of the windows ?
    • Or we exit fullscreen when we click on "... -> settings" ?

Now I'm also going to ask you for the next step for an autonomous touch player : Do you think possible to add an options to start Squeezelite-X in fullscreen by default ?

Thank you.
    Last edited by schmurtz; 2022-01-21 at 17:58.

Quote Originally Posted by schmurtz View Post
    Ok, clearly understood, I've tested again and fullscreen option really great, thank you !

Some remarks on the use :
    - May be a keyboard shortcut like "alt + enter" could be added to switch fullscreen ?
    - I understand that you don't have many alternative but switching the presence of the title bar when you switch between now playing and main view is a little strange. It could be a little better if it was possible to stay in fullscreen.
    - the "mobile layout" is strangely managed by this new fullscreen option : if you activate the "mobile layout" during a fullscreen you will be in fullscreen mode for ever and vice versa. I have to say that it is the best experience on my touch device : the app is beatiful in fullscreen and switching between playing and browse is easy thanks to big touch buttons. (I know that it's not the desired behavior because we can't exit fullscreen without esc key from keyboard.. but please don't kill it )
    - These 2 last remarks make me think that we should found an alternative to exit fullscreen (something else than the button "now playing" button) :
    • You can't oveeride an exit fullscreen button in Material skin ?
    • You can't catch a double tap touch at the middle top of the windows ?
    • Or we exit fullscreen when we click on "... -> settings" ?

Now I'm also going to ask you for the next step for an autonomous touch player : Do you think possible to add an options to start Squeezelite-X in fullscreen by default ?

Thank you.
    By the way, F11 is the shortcut key for FullScreen. I guess I never mentioned that, but it is in the help.

I agree the connection to Material's Now Playing view is a little strange. But it is the only way available to get out of full screen via touch/no keyboard.

Yah, I saw that w.r.t. "mobile layout" and full screen. I intentionally decided to leave it that way, thinking clever people (like you) might like that.

I could probably inject some JavaScript to provide other alternatives, so I will experiment with that. In general, I don't like having double-clicks or long presses as the only way to do something, but I am not opposed to them as alternatives.

Yes, that is one current drawback I intend to remedy. SLX will remember FullScreen and NowPlaying for previous when it starts up. But since you have exit NowPlaying to get the titlebar in order to exit the app, then it is hard/impossible to exit the app in NowPlaying so that it will remember that. I'll need to add back the option "Always Start Material in NowPlaying" that I used to have before I started remembering it. Yes, intend to add back that option.

schmurtz, Thanks for the feedback and taking the time. Feedback is so essential to keep making this thing better. I appreciate it.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Version 2.11.6

Version 2.11.6 submitted to MS Store. (And on OneDrive location).

Changes:

• Added back option to force starting SLX in Expanded Now Playing. (Under Advance Options)
    • SLX will default to Material Skin on a new install or reset if Material Skin is installed on LMS server.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

grabs speakers from zoom/teams

(I saw this with 2.11.2, have just updated to 2.11.6 but have not had a chance to test)

In a zoom or teams meeting - audio out for zoom/teams is set to speakers.

If I bring up the SLX app, even though I don't have the player enabled, it steals/grabs/disables the zoom/teams audio output. Zoom/teams pops up an error about audio problem/ in use, and when I close the SLX app things seem to work again in teams/zoom.

I would've thought that without the player enabled, it wouldn't do anything with speakers/output channels.

TomName:  2022-01-24_14-56-24.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  85.6 KB
    SB3(1), Boom(2), Radio(3), piCorePlayer (1)

Quote Originally Posted by TomS View Post
    (I saw this with 2.11.2, have just updated to 2.11.6 but have not had a chance to test)

In a zoom or teams meeting - audio out for zoom/teams is set to speakers.

If I bring up the SLX app, even though I don't have the player enabled, it steals/grabs/disables the zoom/teams audio output. Zoom/teams pops up an error about audio problem/ in use, and when I close the SLX app things seem to work again in teams/zoom.

I would've thought that without the player enabled, it wouldn't do anything with speakers/output channels.

TomName:  2022-01-24_14-56-24.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  85.6 KB
    Hmmm... Even with Player disabled, I do make a call to the portaudio library to enumerate output devices.. that could be a culprit, although when I have seen this, it is only a momentary blip. I'll see if I can not do that when player is disabled.

EDIT: I looked into this. I think in your case, with player disabled, it only makes a portaudio library call if the selected output device is Default. It does this to determine what the default device is in order to show that in the control. Otherwise, if the player is not enabled there should be no portaudio call and that should avoid the problem. I'll fix the code to avoid making even this call if the player is disabled. Until I do, just pick another output device.

R Greg Dawson
    Last edited by rgdawson; 2022-01-24 at 16:48. Reason: elaboration
    Squeezelite-X

need to apply squeezelite-X each time after reboot

Hello
    I have automated my environment and use squeezeliteX (headless).

I shut down the Windows10 on my NUC at night with a script.
    The other day, in the afternoon I start the PC with wakeonLAN also with a script.

When I test the scripts, everything works fine. But when I use it in everyday life (shut down at night and let it start after a few hours), I always have to apply the settings page.
    Since I'm using it headless, that's not possible.
    Somehow I feel that the settings file is broken. I could create a clean file and copy it before starting - but I would need to know the filename and location

Version 2.7.7.0. has stopped working

Hello. I've been using Squeezelite-X on Windows 7 for a good while, but suddenly it just won't play nice. When I start it up I was getting the following error message:

Name:  sqlite_fuck.png
Views: 156
Size:  32.6 KB

I just uninstalled reinstalled it (again) and it starts up after a while, but it can't find my Squeezebox Touch. Despite the uninstall-reinstalls, it opens a playlist with music I was listening to a couple of months ago. LMS, meanwhile, which is working fine with the Touch, can't find the Squeezelite-X player anymore.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
    Last edited by Lestrad; 2022-01-30 at 05:43.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - ARCH-AUR-GIT.20200807.1a544e3 running on Wandboard Quad, music library on USB HDD
    Squeezebox Touch plugged into run-of-the-mill stereo rig via Musical Fidelity X-Act, extra speakers in kitchen, basement, and bedroom connected by ordinary (not unidirectional) copper wire.