Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 213 of 222 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2219
    Quote Originally Posted by Shozzer View Post
    Hi Greg

I do want to express my appreciation for this great product. I use it constantly on a daily basis. I like the new Full Screen mode but would like to request that when in Full Screen the app shows the button to return to normal window size. Is that possible.

May thanks.

Steve
    Thank you. The Full Screen button works like Maximize, but will go full screen and cover taskbar. To return to normal, just press “Normal” button left of “X”
    Squeezelite-X

Really nice product, perfectly in sync with the real boxes!

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Squeezelite-X is available in the Microsoft Store for Windows 10 (Version 1703+).

Squeezelite-X is a Windows 10 application that makes running Squeezelite on your PC easy. Squeezelite-X combines the excellent squeezelite software player (by Adrian Smith and Ralph Irving) with a dedicated imbedded web interface to your Logitech Media Server, all accessible from the windows tray.

Additional features include: WOL to wake your server, interactively change output devices, ability to specify advances squeezelite parameters, customizable tray icon menu, sleep/idle auto off timers, media key support for your keyboard, custom browser zoom. The application is multi-monitor Dpi aware as well.

This started as a DIY project for me several months ago, and was developed with advice and support from forum members over in the DIY area. Special thanks to Wirruna, oyvindo, Jeff07971, drmatt, bobbertuk and others for advice and suggestions and testing (and most importantly, encouragement).

Special thanks to Adrian Smith and Ralph Irving for writing squeezelite, to mherger for all his excellent work on LMS and Spotty, and to all who keep this technology alive. This is my humble gift back to the community that has given joy over the years.

Screenshots:

(Edit: I updated this post to show screenshots from Version 2.8.7, including Material Skin plugin by Craig Drummond)

Attachment 35302

Attachment 35303 Attachment 35309

Attachment 35222

Attachment 35223

For those of you that prefer, I'll keep a traditional non-store installer available at: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlC6xWoP5Gkwgb5YHGQ1-VHk7TQZXw

R Greg Dawson
    Thanks Greg!

I've noticed some errors in my server.log that I can't trace to any particular plug-in, but SLX appears to be the leading candidate. Greg, have you seen these before?

Code:
    [22-01-14 21:52:54.9520] Slim::Control::Request::renderAsArray (2233) Error: request should set useIxHashes in Slim::Control::Request->new()
    [22-01-14 21:52:54.9524] Slim::Control::Request::renderAsArray (2233) Backtrace:
    Thread with others attempting to isolate the cause:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1043593

Hi, using Squeezelite-X is a real pleasure, I use it on all my PC for a long time and I like it.

I've got an old kind of tablet x86 that I want to convert into a kind of Squeezebox Touch.
    So I started to use Squeezelite-X as a dedicated player with a touchscreen and I've got some remarks !

(I put numbers for easier answer)

1. Feature Request : add option to hide Windows controls : Windows touchscreen is not is not as accurate as the ipad : I often click on the cross to close the app instead of going into settings and aesthetically it will be better
    2. Feature Request : New option : switch automatically to "Now Playing" view, the idea is to display the cover of what is currently playing even if I was browsing artists few minutes before. I hesitate a lot to create the request here or on material repo, so you'll find the detailed request here in the issues of Material Skin.
    3. Feature Request : be able to select the language of the integrated browser, the main reason is that it seems that the very great screen saver from Material displays the date with the language of the browser (so always in english for Squeezelite-X, French is working on my Firefox).
    4. Feature Request : Support Ultralight Skin (or others) , I presume that it can broke some UI parts so it could be an advanded option : "Allow other skins"

Thank you for the work and the support on Squeezelite-X !

Quote Originally Posted by schmurtz View Post
    Hi, using Squeezelite-X is a real pleasure, I use it on all my PC for a long time and I like it.

I've got an old kind of tablet x86 that I want to convert into a kind of Squeezebox Touch.
    So I started to use Squeezelite-X as a dedicated player with a touchscreen and I've got some remarks !

(I put numbers for easier answer)

1. Feature Request : add option to hide Windows controls : Windows touchscreen is not is not as accurate as the ipad : I often click on the cross to close the app instead of going into settings and aesthetically it will be better
    2. Feature Request : New option : switch automatically to "Now Playing" view, the idea is to display the cover of what is currently playing even if I was browsing artists few minutes before. I hesitate a lot to create the request here or on material repo, so you'll find the detailed request here in the issues of Material Skin.
    3. Feature Request : be able to select the language of the integrated browser, the main reason is that it seems that the very great screen saver from Material displays the date with the language of the browser (so always in english for Squeezelite-X, French is working on my Firefox).
    4. Feature Request : Support Ultralight Skin (or others) , I presume that it can broke some UI parts so it could be an advanded option : "Allow other skins"

Thank you for the work and the support on Squeezelite-X !
    1. I might be able to do something here, at least for Full Screen mode, but I would still at least need the button to exit Full Screen mode and then you would accidently hit that instead of 'X'. I'm thinking about what to do.

2. SLX (current version) will already remember if you were in Now Playing view previously and start up in the same mode. This was something I added a few versions ago. Prior to that, it was an option in SLX settings to Force Now Playing view on startup, but I prefer just remembering it, and I removed the option and changed to just remembering previous once I figured out how to make that work.

3. SLX will use the language specified in LMS server settings. Whatever that is, is what SLX uses for server requests (e.g. data coming from the server). In some cases, Material Skin is doing the language translation for things it does itself, like certain menu options. That said, you should be seeing the same thing in SLX and Firefox, so maybe I have a bug or maybe a cache issue. I'll look into this.

4. For each supported skin, SLX needs to have the code to integrate with it. I would need to write that code one skin at a time. So, to support Ultralight Skin, I need to figure out how it works and how I can detect certain things it does (like change players, for example). The author of Material Skin has written specific functions in Material Skin for SLX that makes total integration possible. If Ultralight skin is popular enough, or if I like it enough, I can go through that effort. I was not aware of its existence it until now. I will take a look at it to determine if I can do it and if it is worth the effort for me. Thanks for pointing it out.

Lastly, I like feature/change requests. SLX would not be where it is without the great ideas that I have received that way. Thank you for taking the time make suggestions!

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

1. I might be able to do something here, at least for Full Screen mode, but I would still at least need the button to exit Full Screen mode and then you would accidently hit that instead of 'X'. I'm thinking about what to do.

2. SLX (current version) will already remember if you were in Now Playing view previously and start up in the same mode. This was something I added a few versions ago. Prior to that, it was an option in SLX settings to Force Now Playing view on startup, but I prefer just remembering it, and I removed the option and changed to just remembering previous once I figured out how to make that work.

3. SLX will use the language specified in LMS server settings. Whatever that is, is what SLX uses for server requests (e.g. data coming from the server). In some cases, Material Skin is doing the language translation for things it does itself, like certain menu options. That said, you should be seeing the same thing in SLX and Firefox, so maybe I have a bug or maybe a cache issue. I'll look into this.

4. For each supported skin, SLX needs to have the code to integrate with it. I would need to write that code one skin at a time. So, to support Ultralight Skin, I need to figure out how it works and how I can detect certain things it does (like change players, for example). The author of Material Skin has written specific functions in Material Skin for SLX that makes total integration possible. If Ultralight skin is popular enough, or if I like it enough, I can go through that effort. I was not aware of its existence it until now. I will take a look at it to determine if I can do it and if it is worth the effort for me. Thanks for pointing it out.

Lastly, I like feature/change requests. SLX would not be where it is without the great ideas that I have received that way. Thank you for taking the time make suggestions!

R Greg Dawson
    Thank for your quick anwser !

1. A fullscreen mode yes, it could be nice but in reality it is almost already like a fullscreen mode. If we nitpick we could win some height by removing window controls + moving some buttons. Yes an exit fullscreen button can be useful, on my tablet there is a physical button which make like a "Windows key". On Windows 10 there's also swipe from left border and swipe from top border which allow to manage easily something in fullscreen so may be it's not a mandatory.

2. I like the actual behavior which restore the last view at start of the app. Here the idea is to switch to "Playing view" automatically when something is started to be played. The objective is that when I start to play something remotely on Squeezelite-X I'm sure to see the cover on the player. The maximal flexibility feature could be described like this :
    When the option called "Switch to 'Now Playing' view automatically" is activated, it could have 2 rocker buttons :
    • immediately when playing start => it switch to the Now playing view immediately if you select a song in the browser or even if you launch a song remotely
    • after [ ] seconds of playing without interaction => switch to now playing view if the user don't touch the UI during a time he have selected

3. I don't think so, it doesn't seems to be specific to lms language : If I switch my firefox in english the screensaver is in english and if I put firefox in french screensaver is in french. I think material use a javascript function executed directly by the brower but I'm not an expert...

4. Oh I didn't know that! What a great collaboration ! I think you can forget my request, Ultralight skin is far behind material, just may be it can be useful for low processor configuration.

Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by schmurtz View Post
    Thank for your quick anwser !

1. A fullscreen mode yes, it could be nice but in reality it is almost already like a fullscreen mode. If we nitpick we could win some height by removing window controls + moving some buttons. Yes an exit fullscreen button can be useful, on my tablet there is a physical button which make like a "Windows key". On Windows 10 there's also swipe from left border and swipe from top border which allow to manage easily something in fullscreen so may be it's not a mandatory.

2. I like the actual behavior which restore the last view at start of the app. Here the idea is to switch to "Playing view" automatically when something is started to be played. The objective is that when I start to play something remotely on Squeezelite-X I'm sure to see the cover on the player. The maximal flexibility feature could be described like this :
    When the option called "Switch to 'Now Playing' view automatically" is activated, it could have 2 rocker buttons :
    • immediately when playing start => it switch to the Now playing view immediately if you select a song in the browser or even if you launch a song remotely
    • after [ ] seconds of playing without interaction => switch to now playing view if the user don't touch the UI during a time he have selected

3. I don't think so, it doesn't seems to be specific to lms language : If I switch my firefox in english the screensaver is in english and if I put firefox in french screensaver is in french. I think material use a javascript function executed directly by the brower but I'm not an expert...

4. Oh I didn't know that! What a great collaboration ! I think you can forget my request, Ultralight skin is far behind material, just may be it can be useful for low processor configuration.

Thank you !
    1. I'll continue to think about this. Swiping is not always an option (e.g. most of my machines are not touch capable). So I do need a way to get out of full screen mode. ESC key works, but the only place I have available for a button is the titlebar as the rest of the screen is the browser window and skin owns that. Anyway, I am mulling over some ideas I have. It would look better to have the option to not show the titlebar in full screen mode, I'm with you on that. I just need to cover all the bases. I'm thinking of having an option "Hide Titlebar in Full Screen Mode" and then the way out is the ESC key, even though that is not ideal if you do not have a keyboard, at least you would have the option.

2. Thanks for elaborating. I get you now. I'll give this some thought. I would have to inject javascript into Material Skin, so I'd need to determine if the functionality is available to me that way. This might also be more appropriately implemented in Material Skin itself. I'll experiment with this.

3. I'll have to dig into this. I'm not sure what the Material Skin Java Code is doing. Currently, when SLX sees a WebRequest coming from Material Skin to the server, it intercepts the headers and sets the language to whatever LMS says its language pref is. This was the only way I could figure out how to do it at the time. But that means that the MaterialSkin java in this case is not seeing the language. I have an idea. I believe I can programmatically set the webview2 browser default language now. (I did not have this interface until just now.) That would be a better way in any case, and it will probably solve the screen saver problem as well.

4. Forgotten

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

1. I'll continue to think about this. Swiping is not always an option (e.g. most of my machines are not touch capable). So I do need a way to get out of full screen mode. ESC key works, but the only place I have available for a button is the titlebar as the rest of the screen is the browser window and skin owns that. Anyway, I am mulling over some ideas I have. It would look better to have the option to not show the titlebar in full screen mode, I'm with you on that. I just need to cover all the bases. I'm thinking of having an option "Hide Titlebar in Full Screen Mode" and then the way out is the ESC key, even though that is not ideal if you do not have a keyboard, at least you would have the option.

2. Thanks for elaborating. I get you now. I'll give this some thought. I would have to inject javascript into Material Skin, so I'd need to determine if the functionality is available to me that way. This might also be more appropriately implemented in Material Skin itself. I'll experiment with this.

3. I'll have to dig into this. I'm not sure what the Material Skin Java Code is doing. Currently, when SLX sees a WebRequest coming from Material Skin to the server, it intercepts the headers and sets the language to whatever LMS says its language pref is. This was the only way I could figure out how to do it at the time. But that means that the MaterialSkin java in this case is not seeing the language. I have an idea. I believe I can programmatically set the webview2 browser default language now. (I did not have this interface until just now.) That would be a better way in any case, and it will probably solve the screen saver problem as well.

4. Forgotten

R Greg Dawson
    Update:

1. I have been experimenting with three approaches:
    (a) A settings option, "Hide Titlebar in Full Screen Mode". If enabled, then whenever you go full screen, the title bar would be hidden.
    Pros: Explicit control, no matter what skin or view.
    Cons: Relies on Escape key to exit full screen mode, which could be inconvenient if in touch mode without a keyboard. Also, user might not know to hit ESC and get stuck.
    (b) No settings option. Titlebar would always be visible in default Skin (like it is today), but if in Material Skin and Full Screen mode, then Titlebar would hide for NowPlaying, show otherwise.
    Pros: Does not rely on keyboard. More automatic, more intuitive, discoverable (to me).
    Cons: Control tied to material skin view and not available for Default Skin. No option to show titlebar while in Full Screen/NowPlaying.
    (c) Same a (b), but add option to "Always Show Titlebar". Default behavoir would be (b), but you could override to always show.

I'm leaning towards (c)

3. I went to go implement this and discovered that I already had implemented this. So, no joy as far as the screen saver is concerned. I'll keep working at it.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

1 . C seems OK to me, not easy to give an opinion without testing...
    Or.... You could also add these fullscreen options in the sandwich menu at the top left (which contains only "exit" button ). This sandwich menu could also contains every buttons of the window bar ("Squeezelite-X settings" and "mini player" button).

So pressing this sandwich button could display a menu like this :

• Squeezelite-X Settings
      ----------------------
    • Main Player layout
    • Now Playing layout
    • Mini Player layout
      ----------------------
    • Hide Titlebar
    • Stay on top
    • Minimize Window
    • Exit

With this menu the title bar of the window become almost optional (just need an area at top for the mouse dragging of the window). It's just an idea but it would lighten the interface and you could gain a line in height.

2. Yes it is probably more on Material skin side, it could be interesting for other autonomous linux player too... So may be Craig will take a look to my issue... I have always been annoyed by this lack of this functionality on Squeezebox touch and Squeezebox radio : I don't like to see the main menu when I send a playlist remotely to my Squeezebox.

3. seems more complex than I though... This kind of parameter here to specify the language cannot help ?

MS Store is crappy

I have submitted version 2.11.0 to the MS Store.

Changes

• Replaces Chromium Embedded Framework with WebView2 for the embedded browser.
    • Full Screen Mode. There is now a Full Screen Mode.

R Greg Dawson
    2.11.2 is not available in OneDrive I only use the UI wrapper with material skin to select/control players and servers i have in my network... I do not want to install from Microsoft Store as i cannot do it without MS account nor control where file are installed for every application !
    Do you have an alternate install/portable version ?