Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253
    USB connected soundbar / monitor speakers (like Dell ones) can be a nice cheap was of building a test rig with actual output

We use these at work (on the monitors) and while they are currently ú25 they have been down to ú15 or so in the past: : https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DEJXRAE

Transport keys not recognised on Corsair Raptor K30 keyboard

I've just installed this on Windows 10. The Volume keys on the keyboard work fine, but the play/pause/ff/rew keys don't do anything. Any idea how I might fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by itm View Post
    I've just installed this on Windows 10. The Volume keys on the keyboard work fine, but the play/pause/ff/rew keys don't do anything. Any idea how I might fix this?
    Let's see. First make sure that you have Media Key Integration enabled, either "Selected Player" or "Local Player". If another program has registered the hotkeys, then SLX can't register them, so let's check that. Take a look at the log window be pressing F12 from the main screen. Confirm in the log Window that you see where the hotkeys were register by SLX. You should see an entry "Registering HotKeys", and if that failed you should see something that says so. If all that is good, press a hotkey, such as play, pause, or skip. You should see entries in the log window that look like so:

Name:  MediaKeyPressLog.PNG
Views: 170
Size:  10.2 KB

If you don't, then whatever your keyboard is sending is not matching the pre-defined OS values for those keys. Let me know what you find out.

R Greg Dawson
    Last edited by rgdawson; 2019-02-12 at 14:23. Reason: grammar
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Let's see. First make sure that you have Media Key Integration enabled, either "Selected Player" or "Local Player". If another program has registered the hotkeys, then SLX can't register them, so let's check that. Take a look at the log window be pressing F12 from the main screen. Confirm in the log Window that you see where the hotkeys were register by SLX. You should see an entry "Registering HotKeys", and if that failed you should see something that says so. If all that is good, press a hotkey, such as play, pause, or skip.
    This is what I see in the log window:
    Code:
     18:15:09.457   Could not Register VK_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE, HotKey in use
     18:15:09.457   Could not Register VK_MEDIA_PREV_TRACK, HotKey in use
     18:15:09.459   Could not Register VK_MEDIA_NEXT_TRACK, HotKey in use
     18:15:09.460   Could not Register VK_MEDIA_STOP, HotKey in use
    It seems that the hotkeys were being intercepted by the Chrome Google Music Player plugin, so I've removed that plugin and now the the Squeezelite Player is correctly reacting to the hotkeys.

Many thanks for your help.

Version 2.1.0 with Multi-Player (Multi-Room) Support

Version 2.1.0 has been submitted to store and uploaded. The legacy installer is available now, the Windows Store Version takes about 1-3 days to get published.

New Feature:

• Now includes support for multiple player instances. You can now enable additional players in order to support multi-rooms, multi-audio cards from a single PC.

I consider this "experimental" as I do not currently have multiple audio cards with which to test.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Just a cosmetic issue here:

Umlauts aren't correctly displayed here (Not sure why "Gerńt" has two different transcriptions here, will check the original names later (not my notebook, German (DE-DE) system)).

Name:  lms_unicode.png
Views: 101
Size:  7.1 KB
    QLMS 7.9.2@2.03.31 x64 (digimaster) with pearl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    Just a cosmetic issue here:

Umlauts aren't correctly displayed here (Not sure why "Gerńt" has two different transcriptions here, will check the original names later (not my notebook, German (DE-DE) system)).

Name:  lms_unicode.png
Views: 101
Size:  7.1 KB
    Thank you for telling me about this. Squeezelite-X (SLX) obtains the list of output devices by calling squeezelite-win.exe with the -l option in the background and taking the results. I think I need to look at how I pipe the results of the squeezelite-win.exe call back into SLX and see if it is being decoded correctly. I probably need to do a call to UTF8Decode or something like that. But this is hard for me to test, since I do not have and output devices with Umlauts. I'm looking into this and I'll let you know something soon.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Thank you for telling me about this.
    Thank you for Squeezelite-X!

I noticed another thing: The connection status does not seem to update after the connection is lost. I tested the latest QLogitechMediaServer build (thank you, digimaster!) and obviously had to stop the server for doing so. Since then, the tray symbol is grey and has an exclamation mark and there's a warning "Logitech Media Server did not respond". But it seems to be responding quite well, as I'm listening to music using SLX right now.

Small edit here: Switching from SLX's setting to LMS (clicking the x in the circle) indeed does not load the LMS window thing - it's just black. In other words, the player's functionality is there, the controls however are not. (Restarting SLX fixes this, of course.)
    Last edited by dolodobendan; Today at 06:00.
    QLMS 7.9.2@2.03.31 x64 (digimaster) with pearl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4