Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 128 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1336
    Quote Originally Posted by cfuttrup View Post
    Just reporting, as an example, today my installation was updated from 2.5.8 to 2.6.1 (released 4 days ago).

/Claus
    The current version is 2.6.2.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

App won't start - 2.6.2

Hello rgdawson,
    I have an issue with recent version, but I am not sure if it is older. When I press 'apply' i get '" is not a valid integer value"

Tinkering with the setting doesn't seem to help.

Name:  2020-02-15 12_20_33-Microsoft Edge.png
Views: 187
Size:  30.4 KB

Hope this is helpful
    Cheers,
    Lars
    Last edited by Adjunkten; 2020-02-15 at 04:37.
    Setup: Living room: 1 Raspberry Pi 2 with Max2Play as server and Squeezelite (Hifiberry), Kitchen: 1 Radio, Room: 1 Boom
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1521268188 @ Sat Mar 17 08:41:38 CET 2018
    http://www.last.fm/user/adjunkten | http://www.lektoren.dk

Quote Originally Posted by Adjunkten View Post
    Hello rgdawson,
    I have an issue with recent version, but I am not sure if it is older. When I press 'apply' i get '" is not a valid integer value"

Tinkering with the setting doesn't seem to help.

Name:  2020-02-15 12_20_33-Microsoft Edge.png
Views: 187
Size:  30.4 KB

Hope this is helpful
    Cheers,
    Lars
    Take a look at your port settings, specifically Cli Port, by pressing '...' next to Host Name. If that value is blank, you would see this error. Otherwise, SLX will try to discover the server you are trying to connect to and if it does discover it on your local network, it will populate that value automatically. I'll look a little deeper and see if there is a way that SLX could discover the server, yet populate that value with blank (which would be some sort of bug). That IP address looks like an address that would be on your local network, so SLX should be discovering the server. Is discovery finding the server? That is, when you press the down arrow next to Host Name do you get a choice showing your server name?

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Take a look at your port settings, specifically Cli Port, by pressing '...' next to Host Name. If that value is blank, you would see this error. Otherwise, SLX will try to discover the server you are trying to connect to and if it does discover it on your local network, it will populate that value automatically. I'll look a little deeper and see if there is a way that SLX could discover the server, yet populate that value with blank (which would be some sort of bug). That IP address looks like an address that would be on your local network, so SLX should be discovering the server. Is discovery finding the server? That is, when you press the down arrow next to Host Name do you get a choice showing your server name?

R Greg Dawson
    Thank you for the answer and your work with Squeezelite.

I noticed that Squeezer on my phone could 't connect either, so I rebooted my Pi, and that solved it. Should have done that in the first place.

Cheers,
    Lars
    Setup: Living room: 1 Raspberry Pi 2 with Max2Play as server and Squeezelite (Hifiberry), Kitchen: 1 Radio, Room: 1 Boom
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1521268188 @ Sat Mar 17 08:41:38 CET 2018
    http://www.last.fm/user/adjunkten | http://www.lektoren.dk

Mini player in Material 1.4.0

Hi Greg. For Material 1.4.0 I changed the mini-browser so that it is launched per player (actually it launches a new instance but of reduced height so certain elements are hidden). This is accessed next to the power button in the player menu. This works for me in normal browsers, but I've had a report that it does not work with Squeezelite-X. Can you look into this? Might be something I'm doing wrong - but I have no windows install to check with.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Hi Greg. For Material 1.4.0 I changed the mini-browser so that it is launched per player (actually it launches a new instance but of reduced height so certain elements are hidden). This is accessed next to the power button in the player menu. This works for me in normal browsers, but I've had a report that it does not work with Squeezelite-X. Can you look into this? Might be something I'm doing wrong - but I have no windows install to check with.
    I see that SLX does not handle the new per player mini-player, when launched from within Material Skin player menu, so new work to do on my side. SLX intercepts when the browser is about to popup a window. In this case it looks for a targetFramename of 'MiniPlayer', which is what it used to be. Now, with 1.4.0, the targetFramename of the mini player popup includes the player name and SLX does not match on it. I need to change SLX to relax the targetFramename check.

SLX will still popup the miniplayer from its out titlebar button, so that still works.

If the intent is to be able to popup multiple mini players, SLX will still not support that, as by design, SLX hides main window when mini-player is active and vice versa. SLX does not show both the main window and mini-play at the same time, it only toggles between.

Thanks for letting me know. I had not noticed this. I'll make the necessary changes in next version of SLX. In the meantime, mini-player can still be launched from the SLX titlebar.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

I see that SLX does not handle the new per player mini-player, when launched from within Material Skin player menu, so new work to do on my side. SLX intercepts when the browser is about to popup a window. In this case it looks for a targetFramename of 'MiniPlayer', which is what it used to be. Now, with 1.4.0, the targetFramename of the mini player popup includes the player name and SLX does not match on it. I need to change SLX to relax the targetFramename check.

SLX will still popup the miniplayer from its out titlebar button, so that still works.

If the intent is to be able to popup multiple mini players, SLX will still not support that, as by design, SLX hides main window when mini-player is active and vice versa. SLX does not show both the main window and mini-play at the same time, it only toggles between.

Thanks for letting me know. I had not noticed this. I'll make the necessary changes in next version of SLX. In the meantime, mini-player can still be launched from the SLX titlebar.

R Greg Dawson
    OK, but just so that you know... The mini-player in Material is a full player, just that when the window is below a certain height the middle, and some buttons, are hidden. When the window is resized, these will be shown. So, in a way you could just resize the window.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

OK, but just so that you know... The mini-player in Material is a full player, just that when the window is below a certain height the middle, and some buttons, are hidden. When the window is resized, these will be shown. So, in a way you could just resize the window.
    Interesting, Iĺll have to experiment with that.

R Greg Dawson

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Squeezelite-X

Interesting, Iĺll have to experiment with that.
    If I could resize the browser window with Material, then this is all I would have done. If this, resizing the window, is the way its implemented in squeezelite-X, and I can identify squeezelite-x (via user agent?) then I could remove the "Open mini-browser" actions from the menu?

If I could resize the browser window with Material, then this is all I would have done. If this, resizing the window, is the way its implemented in squeezelite-X, and I can identify squeezelite-x (via user agent?) then I could remove the "Open mini-browser" actions from the menu?
    Craig,

Squeezelite-X handles both Material and the default skin. I implemented the default skin well before material and the Default Skin uses a different Url than its main window (http://[host]:[port]/default/status_header.html). And so I implemented things similarly when Material skin got a mini-player. At the time I determined it was using the url http://[Host]:[port]/material/mini.

SLX has two ways the mini-player can be launched - from the page contents itself, or from a button on the titlebar. If from the page itself, a browser popup event is triggered. In that event I get the target url and I open a new window with a new browser component and pass it that target url. If invoked using a titlebar button, I do the same thing, but I pass it a url I create (e.g. .default/status_header.html or /material/mini) depending on what skin is being used at the time.

I also reduce the zoom factor for the mini-player to 90% of what it was in the main browser, so the mini player is a little smaller.

Other differences, the miniplayer also has a "Stay On Top" option. It uses a borderless, captionless window, so no resize handles, no min/max buttons. It sorta behaves like what Windows calls a ToolWin.

I have noticed that with Material Skin 1.4.0 the targetFrameName value I get in the Popup event is "[Player Name] Mini-Player", where before i think it was just "MiniPlayer". I key on the targetframeName to know if a miniplayer is popping up, rather than other windows that I will go ahead and open in a regular browser (e.g. settings).

The easiest ting for me to do quickly is to just accept both the new and old targetFrameName ('miniplayer' or '[player name] Mini-Player" and create the miniplayer as I currently do.

Please preserve the material/mini url option for now.

Thanks,

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X