Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Yes, one of the nice things about Microsoft Store is that it autoupdates.
    Well, yes - it did autoupdate - after I had already done it myself - manually - and I ended up having two instances of SL-X running concurrntly!
    QNAP TS-453Mini 4x3TB RAID5 QTS 4.3.4
    LMS 7.9.1 running in Docker
    Madsonic 6.2 running in Docker
    Plex running in Docker

QNAP HS-251 2x2TB RAID0, QTS 4.3.4
    Kodi 16.1 Jarvis

QNAP TS-119 1TB Single, QTS 4.3.3
    Almost Retired

I'd prefer to stick with a standalone installer myself.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by oyvindo View Post
    I'm sorry - I was under the impression that you had implemented support for all mediakeys.
    Any particular reason why you decided not to support the volume keys (Volume seems rather essential, doesn't it?)
    The computer already responds to volume/mute keys to control the computer's volume, so that should work just fine without any additional SL-X action for the local player. (Your volume/mute keys should already work.) If I have SqueezeLite-X respond to the volume keys also, then you would have the computer adjusting its volume, and SqueezeLite-X adjusting the player volume simultaneously. I want to keep those activities separate and I don't want SqueezeLite-X to prevent the volume keys from performing normally outside of the Squeezelite-X app. I may want to turn down the player volume without turning down the computer volume and vice versa.

That is my thinking, but I am open to suggestions and ideas. Maybe a different key combination to control player volume, like Shift-Volume+/- or something.

R Greg Dawson

Quote Originally Posted by oyvindo View Post
    Well, yes - it did autoupdate - after I had already done it myself - manually - and I ended up having two instances of SL-X running concurrntly!
    I should probably add code to not allow two instances to run by the same user. Another curious thing about updates is that after an update, Windows forgets if you have put the tray icon in the visible part of the tray. So after an update, the tray icon will go back to the hidden part of the tray. Since you are not expecting that, it is easy to think it is not running and run another instance. I have done this to myself before.

R Greg Dawson

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    I'd prefer to stick with a standalone installer myself.

I'll keep a traditional non-store installer available at: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlC6xWoP5Gkwgb5YHGQ1-VHk7TQZXw

R Greg Dawson

Great, thanks. Appreciate the flexibility.

--
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

I'll keep a traditional non-store installer available at: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlC6xWoP5Gkwgb5YHGQ1-VHk7TQZXw

R Greg Dawson
    Thanks Greg. Updated my Win 8.1 this morning.

This is a great app. Well done.
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Quote Originally Posted by Wirrunna View Post
    Thanks Greg. Updated my Win 8.1 this morning.

This is a great app. Well done.
    Remember, the traditional installer does not make Squeezelite-X autostart on login, you'll have to remember to do that manually.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

I read somewhere that UWP apps are not allowed to send network traffic to the local computer. That would mean that UWP apps could not connect to something like LMS hosted on the same computer. I have never tried this with Squeezelite-X. I am wondering if anyone has attempted to run Squeezelite-X and connect to LMS running on the same computer and if so, what happened?

R. Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

I read somewhere that UWP apps are not allowed to send network traffic to the local computer. That would mean that UWP apps could not connect to something like LMS hosted on the same computer. I have never tried this with Squeezelite-X. I am wondering if anyone has attempted to run Squeezelite-X and connect to LMS running on the same computer and if so, what happened?

R. Greg Dawson
    I had this problem running the Squeeze Control app on my PC running LMS. I used Windows Loopback Exemption Manager (http://loopback.codeplex.com/) to resolve the issue.