Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 227 of 237 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 2364
    Quote Originally Posted by SamY View Post
    Hey, Greg. I don't know if you got around to trying out the Denon plugin yet but, if not, you might want to hold off until the next release, which should be published later this week. This is especially true if you are running LMS on Windows, which I'm guessing you might be, as the problem only occurs with Windows. In any case, the upcoming release will contain the fix.

Best regards.
    Yes, I have multiple servers including Windows and I saw the issue discussed on the forum a few days ago. Thanks for the warning.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by yocky View Post
    Ha! I came to ask how I could delay the starting of SLX via Task Scheduler on Windows. It always ran before LMS was fully launched and I couldn't seem to get scheduler to work with it.

The Wake Server trick worked perfectly though. Thanks
    Thanks for letting us know. Perhaps I should add this tip to the help for those that run LMS this way.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Yes, I have multiple servers including Windows and I saw the issue discussed on the forum a few days ago. Thanks for the warning.

R Greg Dawson
    Just a heads up, Greg. The Windows problem is fixed in v4.6.2 of the plugin, which is now available in the LMS repository.
    Sam

Delete player

Hi

How does one delete a player and multiroom player? I couldn't see a way using "Manage Players" or using Ctrl-Shift D.
    I've got into a bit of a mess where one of my players does the old "counts up to 2sec then resets to 0sec again" and I suspect my multiroom config. I tried disabling the suspect player but it makes no difference.

Is it easy or possible to have a 7.1 USB sound card display each output to individual devices or instances in windows? Like the 'front' channels to one zone/instance, 'side' channels to another zone/instance and 'rear' channels to a third zone/instance.

EDIT:
    First of all, I actually went through and read this whole thread! I gotta say, Greg, you are awesome for being so responsive and quick to update/fix issues. Truly admirable and super appreciated by me and the community!

My situation is that I have an Intel NUC running LMS in a VM. That NUC is in my AV/Network Closet, which is also where all my in-ceiling speakers throughout the house go to.
    I decided to purchase a new sound card that will let me output to 4 individual channel pairs (or 4 stereo channels) independently. It's the ESI Gigaport eX.

Once I receive it, I'm really looking forward to using the multi-room/zone option in SLX to be able to control all my zones through one computer.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by moto2000; 2022-09-26 at 13:06.

Quote Originally Posted by moto2000 View Post
    Is it easy or possible to have a 7.1 USB sound card display each output to individual devices or instances in windows? Like the 'front' channels to one zone/instance, 'side' channels to another zone/instance and 'rear' channels to a third zone/instance.

EDIT:
    First of all, I actually went through and read this whole thread! I gotta say, Greg, you are awesome for being so responsive and quick to update/fix issues. Truly admirable and super appreciated by me and the community!

My situation is that I have an Intel NUC running LMS in a VM. That NUC is in my AV/Network Closet, which is also where all my in-ceiling speakers throughout the house go to.
    I decided to purchase a new sound card that will let me output to 4 individual channel pairs (or 4 stereo channels) independently. It's the ESI Gigaport eX.

Once I receive it, I'm really looking forward to using the multi-room/zone option in SLX to be able to control all my zones through one computer.

Thanks again!
    Thanks. If you have multiple sound cards than SLX's multi-room functionality will basically spin up multiple instances of squeezelite and you just choose the output devices (i.e. sound cards). I'm not aware of a sound card or anyone being able to use a single sound card, like that, so the idea is intriguing. But, yah, the card would have to support looking like separate sound cards to squeezelite. If you do get that to work, I'd love to hear about it.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by mr-b View Post
    Hi

How does one delete a player and multiroom player? I couldn't see a way using "Manage Players" or using Ctrl-Shift D.
    I've got into a bit of a mess where one of my players does the old "counts up to 2sec then resets to 0sec again" and I suspect my multiroom config. I tried disabling the suspect player but it makes no difference.
    I'm not sure I understand your situation and whether this is a SLX thing or a Material Skin thing. Can you elaborate?

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

It's a SLX thing as only that supports multi-room (I think)?
    Under SqueezelitePlayer > Player Name when I click on the 'two blocks in a square' icon, I see multiple players listed but I don't know how to completely delete one of them, in the event of problems playing.
    Also under Manage Players there's an option to turn a player off but not to delete it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by mr-b View Post
    It's a SLX thing as only that supports multi-room (I think)?
    Under SqueezelitePlayer > Player Name when I click on the 'two blocks in a square' icon, I see multiple players listed but I don't know how to completely delete one of them, in the event of problems playing.
    Also under Manage Players there's an option to turn a player off but not to delete it completely.
    OK, I see. It is sufficient to turn off the Toggle Switch to disable/"delete" the player. If the Toggle Switch is Off, then SLX does not run an instance of squeezelite, so the player does not exist at all. If you don't want to see player info you can always blank it out, but all that data is ignored of the Toggle is OFF.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Great tx for the info.