Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 155 of 159 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1584
    Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    Define ancient, I just recently replaced my Logitech G3 (2006) on my desktop PC.
    OK you won. Mine (M505 , M510 , V450) are from 2009-2012 and still going strong.

Not sure about this tilting, but pressing the back mouse button in LMS' WebUI won't do anything LMS related but will just go to whatever site I previously visited in that tab. The same (blank site) would happen in SLX, too, if there wasn't some of Greg's magic preventing this. Maybe we're talking about different things?
    OK I think I got this wrong after all.. I'm quite new to "SLX" and "Material Skin" as for last 9 years been mostly using old Android app SqueezeCommander (which isn't officially available anymore for some reason)
    Keyboard shortcuts are indeed from "Material Skin" not SLX. Also there is only one way traffic ie only going back.

You are right with WebUI, it's browser handling Back/Forward operation and take you to remembered site (coincidentally WebUI LMS its quite snappy and works well) BTW only default skin accepts "Forward" action ( "Material Skin" blocks it for some reason)

I don't know how SLX works and if its kind of "mini browser" which restrict to LMS site and blocks right click operation or "independent" application which redraws everything within app from CLI or whatever info from LMS.
    If latter then any mouse functions would be to SLX otherwise its probably not possible. hmm I don't really know and only guessing.

(Just checked Logitech's website: It's still a thing! My G203 doesn't have that thing, though.)
    Ohh you probably can map side buttons for Back/Forward action on your G203.
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 3x Squeezebox Radio, SqueezeCommander, Material Skin Apk, Squeezelite-X, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 with Material Skin

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    OK you won. Mine (M505 , M510 , V450) are from 2009-2012 and still going strong.
    The G3 is still working, but now connected to my notebook.

OK I think I got this wrong after all.. I'm quite new to "SLX" and "Material Skin" as for last 9 years been mostly using old Android app SqueezeCommander (which isn't officially available anymore for some reason)
    Keyboard shortcuts are indeed from "Material Skin" not SLX. Also there is only one way traffic ie only going back.

You are right with WebUI, it's browser handling Back/Forward operation and take you to remembered site (coincidentally WebUI LMS its quite snappy and works well) BTW only default skin accepts "Forward" action ( "Material Skin" blocks it for some reason)
    The default skin (WebUI, not SLX) here accepts both forward and backward actions while Material (WebUI, not SLX) only accepts backward. I think that's because its UI only has a "back" arrow (hence, no forward action supported). And yes, it would be nice if at least the back button would work in SLX.

I don't know how SLX works and if its kind of "mini browser" which restrict to LMS site and blocks right click operation or "independent" application which redraws everything within app from CLI or whatever info from LMS.
    Mini browser, yes. I think it's called "web app".

If latter then any mouse functions would be to SLX otherwise its probably not possible. hmm I don't really know and only guessing.
    Aren't we all?

Ohh you probably can map side buttons for Back/Forward action on your G203.
    Yes, it's the default setting. Speaking of mapping, the single most important button is the "dpi button" (the one that sits beneath the wheel and you don't have ): It's the perfect Esc-button.
    QLMS 8.0.0@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by mr-b View Post
    Hi

A couple of requests:

- Would it be possible to use the mouse wheel to change the vol on the app? The Material skin is great with the extra granular vol control, but I find the mouse/trackball wheel a very handy vol control on other apps.

- Have you ever considered Jivelite-style VU meters (or other 'Now Playing' style graphics)? That'd be really cool.
    Bump

Does Squeezelite-X use any non-standard ports?

I just installed squeezelite-x on a Windows 10 computer, and it was not able to connect to the same server that all my squeezebox devices are using.
    I stopped the firewall on the server and squeezelite-x was able to connect, so seems to be an incorrect setting on my firewall.
    I had ports 9000 TCP, and 3483 TCP and UDP open. I also added 9090 TCP, but that still did not allow SLX to find the server. For now I just have the firewall disabled, but it seems there is some needed port which is not mentioned in the previous list. Possibly still a configuration error on my part, but my SB2, SB Classic, Boom, and Radio all work with no problem, only SLX has a problem connecting with the existing settings.
    I don't typically have to debug firewall problems, this is firewalld on CentOS 7.6 if someone knows of a relatively easy way to see what connection attempts are being rejected. I looked through the journalctl output, and the messages, secure, and firewalld files in /var/log but did not see any messages indicating rejected connection attempts.

Possible to auto power down when closing?

Thanks for a great piece of software. I use this daily on my pc.
    However, I can't seem to remember to always click the "power" button before I close down Squeezelite-X. So when I restart it, the player comes up powered on (and sometime blaring in the morning). I'd guess some like it this way, but is there any way to have a setting to: "auto power off" when exiting?

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    I'd prefer to stick with a standalone installer myself.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    Amen. (I'm just discovering this baby and I'm in love. And I'd never have installed it if I'd needed to do it via a Store.)
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    Logitech Media Server Version: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - ARCH-AUR-REL.7.9.2.arch2 running on Wandboard Quad, music library on SATA HDD
    Squeezebox Touch plugged into run-of-the-mill stereo rig via Musical Fidelity X-Act, extra speakers in kitchen, basement, and bedroom connected by ordinary (not unidirectional) copper cable.

Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post
    However, I can't seem to remember to always click the "power" button before I close down Squeezelite-X. So when I restart it, the player comes up powered on (and sometime blaring in the morning). I'd guess some like it this way, but is there any way to have a setting to: "auto power off" when exiting?
    I'm not sure I get what you're asking. Do you pause/stop music when closing down Squeezelite-X? If you do, you need to have a look at Server settings. Player/Audio/Power On Resume. There's lots of options for you there.

Quote Originally Posted by gorman View Post
    I'm not sure I get what you're asking. Do you pause/stop music when closing down Squeezelite-X? If you do, you need to have a look at Server settings. Player/Audio/Power On Resume. There's lots of options for you there.
    I tried: server set to "Stop at power off / Remain stopped at power on"

Name:  squeeze.JPG
Views: 142
Size:  20.1 KB

If I power the squeezelite down (using the power button on Squeezelite-UI) before closing squeezelite-X, then it works fine - remains stopped / powered off, when I restart squeezelite-X.

Edit:
    Thanks.
    Perhaps, I was too soon to give up on the server setting. It looks like if I wait long enough now, it won't start playing again even though it starts powered on. Not sure how long it is, but I guess eventually something times out now?

I was testing it by just quitting and restarting relatively quickly and it was still just playing again. I tried waiting about 10 minutes and it worked this time. I'll keep watching it.

The other setting I changed last night was from Direct to Proxied streaming - not sure if this may have changed anything.
    Last edited by uranus; 2020-07-08 at 18:20.

Not an expert on this uranus, but I'm glad my suggestions was useful for you.

Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post
    When SLX closes, it terminates its squeezelite player(s), so they are "off". However, the LMS server will remember the player for 5 minutes, so if you restart SLX within five minutes, it will pick up where it left off if it was playing. I'm not sure how it comes on in the morning, assuming its been off overnight, blaring. To make the server "forget" the player. I can send a "forget" command to the server. SLX will do this when changing servers (if you have multiple). But I didn't do that for just shutting down and restarting SLX. I could, but I like it to pick up where it left off if I reboot, for example. It seems your server is not forgetting the player after 5 minutes as expected. I could add an option to forget player on close, but can you verify that it really starts up playing after being closed for more than 5 minutes?

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X