Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 224 of 227 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2262
    Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    I'm not sure what is going wrong, but I suspect the old version being there is the culprit. Here is how to manually cleanout everything:

Uninstall the Store app.

Delete from Registry: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Squeezelite-X

Delete the "Squeezelite-X" folder from your AppData\Local

Delete the "Squeezelite-X" folder from your Program Files or Program Files (x86)

Then, reinstall the Store App and lets see what happens.

Alot has changed since 2.6.2.

R Greg Dawson
    Thank you very much 👍🏻

I had already done all these manipulations and in this order except for the registry branch!

Everything works fine 😇

Thanks again

Name:  2022-05-31 20.32.18 - .png
Views: 356
Size:  179.5 KB

I've just come across this program... Thanks for all your work. Working fine with Bluetooth output.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    I've just come across this program... Thanks for all your work. Working fine with Bluetooth output.
    You're welcome!

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

This is another wonderful addition to my current setup. I have an unused Surface that I can add to my whole home audio.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by threshold350 View Post
    This is another wonderful addition to my current setup. I have an unused Surface that I can add to my whole home audio.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice. I also use a R-Pi (player), Surface Pro (Controller) combo in my Living Room system.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

What are the pros & cons when running in background?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep display awake option

Hi - I love the product. Some months back I suggested it would help if there were an option to make the app keep the display awake while playing music. I have a setup with a home theater, so the audio (and video) path is PC - HDMI - HDMI-ARC - Receiver. When we watch movies or listen to music with something like Plex or Amazon Prime or Netflix, those apps keep the display from sleep (which is a good thing mid movie!). But when I try to use Squeezelite-X, it doesn't keep the display awake, so after the sleep period set for the display in Windows, the HDMI signal turns off, and with it the audio, and everything goes silent.

Desired behavior (and I do know this is probably volunteer work you are doing, so I offer this humbly)

1. I would like to keep the OS set to sleep the display as designed, so that will work when nobody is watching or listening. I have no desire to turn that off, because while it would solve this issue it causes a bunch of others.

2. It would be just awesome if Squeezelite-X would act just like Plex, Netflix, Amazon Prime and keep the display awake if something is playing. If nothing is playing, as with those, then allow the display to sleep. It would also probably be best to keep the machine awake too, if the computer itself is set to sleep after a specified period.

3. If this would bother other people for some reason - maybe their display and audio take separate paths - then this could just be an option "Keep display awake while playing music"

Thanks again for the app and the many hours I can see you have poured into it!

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    What are the pros & cons when running in background?
    I'd say personal preference. In the early days, running in the background allowed the bowser window to come up faster, since the browser was already loaded, but these days, especially since I switched to the Edge browser engine, that is not much of a thing. Some people like to keep the taskbar clean, some people don't.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by Merrill Aldrich View Post
    Hi - I love the product. Some months back I suggested it would help if there were an option to make the app keep the display awake while playing music. I have a setup with a home theater, so the audio (and video) path is PC - HDMI - HDMI-ARC - Receiver. When we watch movies or listen to music with something like Plex or Amazon Prime or Netflix, those apps keep the display from sleep (which is a good thing mid movie!). But when I try to use Squeezelite-X, it doesn't keep the display awake, so after the sleep period set for the display in Windows, the HDMI signal turns off, and with it the audio, and everything goes silent.

Desired behavior (and I do know this is probably volunteer work you are doing, so I offer this humbly)

1. I would like to keep the OS set to sleep the display as designed, so that will work when nobody is watching or listening. I have no desire to turn that off, because while it would solve this issue it causes a bunch of others.

2. It would be just awesome if Squeezelite-X would act just like Plex, Netflix, Amazon Prime and keep the display awake if something is playing. If nothing is playing, as with those, then allow the display to sleep. It would also probably be best to keep the machine awake too, if the computer itself is set to sleep after a specified period.

3. If this would bother other people for some reason - maybe their display and audio take separate paths - then this could just be an option "Keep display awake while playing music"

Thanks again for the app and the many hours I can see you have poured into it!
    There is an option in the advanced settings called "Prevent Monitor Sleep" to prevent the monitor from going to sleep, but as I read your post more carefully, I realized that it does not operate the way you want. If the option is enabled, it keeps the display alive if SLX is running rather than only when something is playing. Your suggestion seems smarter to me, so I'll take a look and see if I can change the way it works.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    I'd say personal preference. In the early days, running in the background allowed the bowser window to come up faster, since the browser was already loaded, but these days, especially since I switched to the Edge browser engine, that is not much of a thing. Some people like to keep the taskbar clean, some people don't.

R Greg Dawson
    Thanks