Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 112 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1164
    Cool with the right-click top bar to switch servers, I run two also.

After recent update (there was one just a day or two, if I'm correct ?) the server field requires the internal IP address to access a LAN www.ddns.com address LMS server without port forwards, i.e. when the ports are not forwarded it requires the 192.168.1.XXX address.

But it accepts a LAN www.ddns.com address on another server where the ports are forwarded.

Is this as-expected unavoidable behaviour ? Am I not grasping something fundamental here that someone could explain to me ?

Given that it accepts the www.ddns.com address on the server that has port forwarding on, does this mean (despite the Microsoft Store description specifying "on local network") that Squeezelite-X could in that case work from a remote wifi too ?

Great software anyway, thanks!

(yeah yeah I know the "don't forward your ports" lectures, but I got defences you don't know about Anyway, what about focusing future LMS updates on tightening that security then, an obvious appeal of this software is using it from anywhere, without going the whole route of setting up your own VNP server server then starting your own VPN connect app etc. etc. to connect remotely - gripe finished )

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    My Surface Go just updated to .28. That was quicker than I expected.
    Still on .25 here (Build Date 7. November)

/Claus

Quote Originally Posted by cfuttrup View Post
    Still on .25 here (Build Date 7. November)

/Claus
    I went into the Store to check for updates a couple days ago, and .28 downloaded.

Menu → "Downloads and updates" → "Get updates" button
    LMS: SGC microJukebox running Sonicorbiter OS
    Control apps: Squeezelite-X on Win 10; Squeezer or Material web app on Android
    Players: Duet, Touch (two), Mac SqueezePlay, Win Squeezelite-X on laptop and HTPC

Quote Originally Posted by echable View Post
    Cool with the right-click top bar to switch servers, I run two also.

After recent update (there was one just a day or two, if I'm correct ?) the server field requires the internal IP address to access a LAN www.ddns.com address LMS server without port forwards, i.e. when the ports are not forwarded it requires the 192.168.1.XXX address.

But it accepts a LAN www.ddns.com address on another server where the ports are forwarded.

Is this as-expected unavoidable behaviour ? Am I not grasping something fundamental here that someone could explain to me ?

Given that it accepts the www.ddns.com address on the server that has port forwarding on, does this mean (despite the Microsoft Store description specifying "on local network") that Squeezelite-X could in that case work from a remote wifi too ?

Great software anyway, thanks!

(yeah yeah I know the "don't forward your ports" lectures, but I got defences you don't know about Anyway, what about focusing future LMS updates on tightening that security then, an obvious appeal of this software is using it from anywhere, without going the whole route of setting up your own VNP server server then starting your own VPN connect app etc. etc. to connect remotely - gripe finished )
    You can indeed use SLX to connect to an LMS server on another non-local network despite what it says on the MS Store. I do this myself all the time. (I have a dedicate R-Pi just for this purpose, separate from my In-Home system, and I use Dynamic DNS and port forwarding (ports: 3483 for the player, 9000 for the http interface, and 9090 for the telnet interface (or whatever you have defined for those ports if not default)).

As for whether SLX can resolve the local server name, it should. That said, I have noticed cases where it wouldn't, like when I had a server that was using a static IP address rather than leasing one from the DHCP server (My router), so the name could not be resolved by my router/DHCP server.

If you do connect to a remote server, be advised that Logitech Media Server is designed to not allow the TelNet interface for remote connections, unless the LMS is has password protection enabled. SLX should tell you if you try it without enabling password protection.

R Greg Dawson
    Last edited by rgdawson; 2019-11-15 at 15:20. Reason: spelling
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by bobertuk View Post
    Yes please ralphy, that would be great.
    I ran out of space on SF during the upload. What specific version(s) would you like?
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I ran out of space on SF during the upload. What specific version(s) would you like?
    Thanks ralphy - SqueezeliteX-2.4.20.0-setup_win32.exe and SqueezeliteX-2.4.22.0-setup_win32.exe would be good if thats OK.
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 7.92 (from nightlies) on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    1 x iMac server running macos Hich Sierra
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Behringer DEQ2496
    Linn Isobarik DMS

Quote Originally Posted by left channel View Post
    I went into the Store to check for updates a couple days ago, and .28 downloaded.

Menu → "Downloads and updates" → "Get updates" button
    Hi there, well, yes, but I figured rdawson would be curious to hear how/when the updates are rolled out. Surprisingly I'm 3 versions behind now. Don't worry. Just consider it status "reporting" on my part.

Cheers,
    Claus

Quote Originally Posted by cfuttrup View Post
    Hi there, well, yes, but I figured rdawson would be curious to hear how/when the updates are rolled out. Surprisingly I'm 3 versions behind now. Don't worry. Just consider it status "reporting" on my part.

Cheers,
    Claus
    Sorry if I misunderstood. Perhaps you're three versions behind because Greg uploaded those three in rapid succession, and even skipped a number. But just to be certain, I suggest you ensure Store Settings are set to update apps automatically.
    Last edited by left channel; 2019-11-17 at 07:27.
    LMS: SGC microJukebox running Sonicorbiter OS
    Control apps: Squeezelite-X on Win 10; Squeezer or Material web app on Android
    Players: Duet, Touch (two), Mac SqueezePlay, Win Squeezelite-X on laptop and HTPC

Hi there

When I started my computer this morning SLX was updated to .28 (directly from .25). The computer started without (WiFi) network so presumably the update was downloaded yesterday and installed when restarted. Just reporting my observations. SLX "hangs" - maybe because of lack of WiFi upon start. I "Exit" SLX and started it up again, now it's fine.

Cheers,
    Claus

Quote Originally Posted by bobertuk View Post
    Thanks ralphy - SqueezeliteX-2.4.20.0-setup_win32.exe and SqueezeliteX-2.4.22.0-setup_win32.exe would be good if thats OK.
    Here you go.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms.../squeezelitex/
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.