Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rgdawson
    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by cfuttrup
    Today SLX upgraded from 2.5.4 directly to 2.5.7 on my computer. Just FYI.

/Claus
    Weird, I wonder why it skipped .5 and .6, and why it took so long for .7? Btw, 2.5.8 is in the queue

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Comment

• Michael H
      • Mar 2011

Remember Playlist

Squeezelite-X is wonderful, I just noticed one thing that would make life easier if it was fixed.
      Choosing, say, a composer and hitting play with 'shuffle by song' turned on can result in a very large playlist since I have the max playlist length set to zero on the LMS side.
      Shutting down and restarting Squeezelite-X in the same Windows session seamlessly brings back the previous playlist but after a Windows restart the playlist is not remembered however.

Is this something that can be configured on the user side so that a playlist dynamically survives a windows restart, and optionally brings the last playlist back up?

I'm running Squeezelite-X version 2.6.7 under Windows 10 on piCorePlayer v6.0.0-b7 with LMS 7.9.2.

Thanks for any guidance!

Comment

• cfuttrup
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by rgdawson
        Weird, I wonder why it skipped .5 and .6, and why it took so long for .7? Btw, 2.5.8 is in the queue

R Greg Dawson
        Yes, weird. I don't know. Just reporting so we know that MS Store can behave like this.

On another note, even with 2.5.7 installed, if I start my computer without network (w/o WiFi), then SLX just hangs there and never retries. It happened today for over 1,5 hours. So I just shut down SLX and start it again, no big problem, but I wonder if a routine could be added that, in case there's no network, could make it go back and check once every minute (or once every 10 minutes or whatever is convenient) ?

Best regards,
        Claus

Comment

• rgdawson
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by cfuttrup
          Yes, weird. I don't know. Just reporting so we know that MS Store can behave like this.

On another note, even with 2.5.7 installed, if I start my computer without network (w/o WiFi), then SLX just hangs there and never retries. It happened today for over 1,5 hours. So I just shut down SLX and start it again, no big problem, but I wonder if a routine could be added that, in case there's no network, could make it go back and check once every minute (or once every 10 minutes or whatever is convenient) ?

Best regards,
          Claus
          I'll look into that, thanks for letting me know.

R Greg Dawson
          Squeezelite-X

Comment

• Jens Erik Jensen
            • Mar 2014

Ver. 2.5.8 - still same problem as I had in 2.5.5 and several other versions

Hi, I posted here some time ago when I had installed ver. 2.5.5 and could not get it to work. Now I just installed ver. 2.5.8, and the problem persists. I have enabled logging and get this error twice in the log window:

INFO 20:41:34.165 ... Waiting for Server to confirm player "Squeezelite-X" connected
            ERROR 20:41:40.187 WaitForCondition Timed Out

As previously mentioned, it works fine when I uninstall the newer version and install the older version 2.2.8 instead. I use Windows 10 with all the latest updates applied.

For background info, LMS runs on an RPi on my local network under piCorePlayer, the LMS version is 3.9.2. All connections are wired. It works flawlessly with several piCorePlayer clients in my house and plays music on my stereo while I write this.

Any hints on how to get it to work and take advantage of all the new features introduced since 2.2.8?

Comment

• rgdawson
              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Jens Erik Jensen
              Hi, I posted here some time ago when I had installed ver. 2.5.5 and could not get it to work. Now I just installed ver. 2.5.8, and the problem persists. I have enabled logging and get this error twice in the log window:

INFO 20:41:34.165 ... Waiting for Server to confirm player "Squeezelite-X" connected
              ERROR 20:41:40.187 WaitForCondition Timed Out

As previously mentioned, it works fine when I uninstall the newer version and install the older version 2.2.8 instead. I use Windows 10 with all the latest updates applied.

For background info, LMS runs on an RPi on my local network under piCorePlayer, the LMS version is 3.9.2. All connections are wired. It works flawlessly with several piCorePlayer clients in my house and plays music on my stereo while I write this.

Any hints on how to get it to work and take advantage of all the new features introduced since 2.2.8?
              I think you meant 7.9.2 as your LMS version, right?

I am unsure what is causing your problem, but I have spent the last several days focusing on this area of the code. I have multiple LMS servers running on Windows server, a Pi2, a Pi3, and a Pi4. (BTW, the Pi4 is awesome and outperforms even a fairly powerful Windows server with a Xeon CPU for running LMS, just saying). I have been unable to reproduce this.

I have posted a test version of recent work on the OneDrive folder, called "SqueezeliteX-2.5.8.41-setup_win32_Test.exe", for you to try. And, if that does not solve the issue, then I am willing to continue to work with you and dig into the details. In the meantime, I will be examining all the differences between 2.2.8 and later to see what might be different.

I am also wondering if the version of squeezelite-win.exe might be the difference. In the OneDrive folder, in the SqueezeliteX-2.5.8.41-setup_win32_Test folder, I have also put a folder in there that contains the version of Squeezelite-win.exe that came with 2.2.8 (v1.9.2-1145) as well as the version of squeezelite-win.exe that comes with the current version (v1.9.6-1205). If the test installer (SqueezeliteX-2.5.8.41-setup_win32_Test.exe) still exhibits the problem, try copying the older version of squeezelite-win.exe into the program folder and see if that makes a difference and let me know.

Thanks.

R Greg Dawson
              Squeezelite-X

Comment

• Jens Erik Jensen
                • Mar 2014

I think you meant 7.9.2 as your LMS version, right?

I am unsure what is causing your problem, but I have spent the last several days focusing on this area of the code. I have multiple LMS servers running on Windows server, a Pi2, a Pi3, and a Pi4. (BTW, the Pi4 is awesome and outperforms even a fairly powerful Windows server with a Xeon CPU for running LMS, just saying). I have been unable to reproduce this.

I have posted a test version of recent work on the OneDrive folder, called "SqueezeliteX-2.5.8.41-setup_win32_Test.exe", for you to try. And, if that does not solve the issue, then I am willing to continue to work with you and dig into the details. In the meantime, I will be examining all the differences between 2.2.8 and later to see what might be different.

I am also wondering if the version of squeezelite-win.exe might be the difference. In the OneDrive folder, in the SqueezeliteX-2.5.8.41-setup_win32_Test folder, I have also put a folder in there that contains the version of Squeezelite-win.exe that came with 2.2.8 (v1.9.2-1145) as well as the version of squeezelite-win.exe that comes with the current version (v1.9.6-1205). If the test installer (SqueezeliteX-2.5.8.41-setup_win32_Test.exe) still exhibits the problem, try copying the older version of squeezelite-win.exe into the program folder and see if that makes a difference and let me know.

Thanks.

R Greg Dawson
                Yes, of course the LMS version is 7.9.2

Thank you for the hints and for letting me test different things. Will do that later today and report back here.

Comment

• Stan Pulsar
                  • Jul 2006

Judging from the log, it appears that the media Windows media keys are not failing to register as hot keys. So I am not sure why they are not working for you.I'll have to dig deeper into this. It may be something odd with that keyboard.

You are also correct about SLX not a possible choice for making the default music app. SLX is not designed to do that (at least at this point).

R Greg Dawson
                  Hi there,

for the records, I found out what was causing the non-working media keys, and a workaround.

I seems Logitech's mouse/keyboard software "Setpoint" is trapping those keys but only passing them to certain applications that it knows of.

The workaround is : in the xml config file for the keyboard in use, comment out nodes concerning those keys, as described here . This does the trick.

Comment

• Jens Erik Jensen
                    • Mar 2014

I am happy to report that the test version removes the problem. It took a while for it to start up for the first time, but things are working smoothly now. Hopefully, this solution can be brought onwards for the next versions. Until then, I will keep the test version installed. Thank you very much for the help!

/Jens Erik

Comment

• matman
                      • Jan 2020

Random Stop/Pause

Hello,

I'm having a weird issue both with both Squeezelite and Squeezelite-x since migrating to Windows 10.
                      For some unknown reason Squeezelite and Squeezelite-x will simply stop playing at some random point in time and resume a few seconds later.

It's definitely no server issue as my other linux-based players do not show the same behaviour and it only showed up since I'm running Windows 10.
                      There's also no driver issue, it happens with all output devices, also with stock windows-drivers and/or installed AMD-Sounddrivers (HDMI).
                      Network configuration remained the same and the computer is connected wired with 1 Gbps. Server and PC are in the same network.
                      When playback stops one can even change playback for other players without any problems, so it appears that there's no connection issue.

Before I was running Squeezelite on Windows 7 Pro x64 without having any issues.

Anyone else ever had this or a similar problem?

Best regards,
                      Simon

Comment

• dolodobendan
                        • Dec 2017

SLX & Material: Sort home screen

Material's "Sort home screen" setting:

Automatically sort items on the home screen. Required for iPhone due to this not supporting drag-and-drop.
                        doesn't make much sense for SLX. Is there a way for SLX to set this to always off?
                        QLMS [email protected] x64 (digimaster) / QNAP 469L (QTS 4.3.4)
                        LMS 8.4 x64 / Intel NUC8 i3 (Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS)

Comment

• rgdawson
                          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by dolodobendan
                          Material's "Sort home screen" setting:

doesn't make much sense for SLX. Is there a way for SLX to set this to always off?
                          I've never turned that option on. I just tried it and it does not do anything on Windows anyway. I could have SLX always turn that off by writing to Material Skin's local storage. But, I think that approach could cause confusion for some users that would turn it on, nothing would happen and then it wouldn't stick, as next time the browser starts up or loads a page it would revert to off. It would all seem like a bug in SLX. I think a better solution would be for Material Skin to perform the sorting on Windows if the user wants that and enables the option.

R Greg Dawson
                          Squeezelite-X

Comment

• Matt Drown
                            • Oct 2019

I had a similar issues on Squeezelite-X (Win10) where playing songs (appeared with mp3s and not flacs in minimal testing) just stopped playing for multiple seconds, and then continued later (30 seconds not uncommon). Timer on the player kept running during the silence. I think the response was that it was probably a Squeezelite problem, and I haven't pursued further at this time.

Originally posted by matman
                            Hello,

I'm having a weird issue both with both Squeezelite and Squeezelite-x since migrating to Windows 10.
                            For some unknown reason Squeezelite and Squeezelite-x will simply stop playing at some random point in time and resume a few seconds later.

It's definitely no server issue as my other linux-based players do not show the same behaviour and it only showed up since I'm running Windows 10.
                            There's also no driver issue, it happens with all output devices, also with stock windows-drivers and/or installed AMD-Sounddrivers (HDMI).
                            Network configuration remained the same and the computer is connected wired with 1 Gbps. Server and PC are in the same network.
                            When playback stops one can even change playback for other players without any problems, so it appears that there's no connection issue.

Before I was running Squeezelite on Windows 7 Pro x64 without having any issues.

Best regards,
                            Simon

Comment

• rgdawson
                              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by matman
                              Hello,

Best regards,
                              Simon
                              I have not observed this. Is it totally random, or can you correlate it with anything? How long is the drop out? I have noticed on one of my computers, that querying the available output devices (via the PortAudio library) can cause a very short blip (0.5sec) in output. I also notice sometimes, Podcasts might just stop (when using the LMS Podcast player). But I don't observe it when playing Podcasts through Spotty.

R Greg Dawson
                              Squeezelite-X

Comment

• dolodobendan
                                • Dec 2017

I've never turned that option on. I just tried it and it does not do anything on Windows anyway. I could have SLX always turn that off by writing to Material Skin's local storage. But, I think that approach could cause confusion for some users that would turn it on, nothing would happen and then it wouldn't stick, as next time the browser starts up or loads a page it would revert to off. It would all seem like a bug in SLX. I think a better solution would be for Material Skin to perform the sorting on Windows if the user wants that and enables the option.

R Greg Dawson
                                Yes, I wasn't sure who to address here... But I have the feeling that "On" is the default state. I'll check that, thank you.
                                QLMS [email protected] x64 (digimaster) / QNAP 469L (QTS 4.3.4)
                                LMS 8.4 x64 / Intel NUC8 i3 (Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS)

Comment

Working...