Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 193 of 194 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 1934
    Quote Originally Posted by himey View Post
    Does WASAPI work if you set the Windows sound settings to 16/44 stereo?
    Yes it does, thank you. Now that I think about it, a while back I tried to add Squeezelite Parameters for Hi Res sound, but SLX kept resetting that to the defaults. I need higher-res for Qobuz and other sources, and I wanted ASIO anyway, so I went with ASIO4ALL (which as I noted above is no longer listed in SLX even though my other players see it).
    LMS: SGC microJukebox running Sonicorbiter OS
    Control apps: Squeezelite-X on Win 10; Squeezer or Material web app on Android
    Players: Duet, Touch (two), Mac SqueezePlay, Win Squeezelite-X on laptop and HTPC

Quote Originally Posted by left channel View Post
    Yes it does, thank you. Now that I think about it, a while back I tried to add Squeezelite Parameters for Hi Res sound, but SLX kept resetting that to the defaults. I need higher-res for Qobuz and other sources, and I wanted ASIO anyway, so I went with ASIO4ALL (which as I noted above is no longer listed in SLX even though my other players see it).
    I was troubleshooting why WASAPI wouldn't work and came across a post stating the problem is the lack of an exclusive mode. So you would have to change the sound settings in Windows to match the attributes of the file playing. I ended up limiting my LMS server to only 16/44 files and Tidal. I have lots of hires stuff but I jus listen to them on my multichannel rig using Plex and Kodi. I have both rigs in the same room and control both with one Harmony Hub remote so the compromise is minimal.

I was troubleshooting why WASAPI wouldn't work and came across a post stating the problem is the lack of an exclusive mode. So you would have to change the sound settings in Windows to match the attributes of the file playing. I ended up limiting my LMS server to only 16/44 files and Tidal. I have lots of hires stuff but I just listen to them on my multichannel rig using Plex and Kodi. I have both rigs in the same room and control both with one Harmony Hub remote so the compromise is minimal.
    Yes thanks this was first discussed in this thread a couple years ago. Not a solution for me. I had been using ASIO since then to play anything and everything without any adjustment.
    Players: Duet, Touch (two), Mac SqueezePlay, Win Squeezelite-X on laptop and HTPC

Yes thanks this was first discussed in this thread a couple years ago. Not a solution for me. I had been using ASIO since then to play anything and everything without any adjustment.
    I couldn't get ASIO to work and wasn't even sure if LMS supported hires (or multichannel flac) so I made the compromise.

So LMS does support hires? You had hires working with ASIO? I would like to add my hires files to the LMS server if you can get it going again. Please post back if you get a solution...

Which players are you using that does still work, thanks.

I couldn't get ASIO to work and wasn't even sure if LMS supported hires (or multichannel flac) so I made the compromise.

So LMS does support hires? You had hires working with ASIO? I would like to add my hires files to the LMS server if you can get it going again. Please post back if you get a solution...

Which players are you using that does still work, thanks.
    OK, if I get it working again I'll post that here. I had LMS playing Hi-Res through SLX just fine: files on the server, and streaming via the Qobuz plugin. I have had two ASIO drivers working with SLX: one came with a Pro-Ject DAC (which I no longer use) and the other was ASIO4ALL. MusicBee works with ASIO drivers as well as WASAPI in Hi-Res, and I just used it with ASIO4ALL. Other players here see all the drivers too, whether they work well with them or not. SLX is the only one not listing ASIO4ALL as an option.

Please post back if you get a solution...
    Further confirmation: if I plug in a DAC that comes with an ASIO driver, then that ASIO option appears in SLX. Tested with Pro-Ject and NuPrime DACs, playing music ranging from 16/44.1 to 24/192, but I do not normally use those DACs with my office PC.

The problem with ASIO4ALL may be that SLX does not see hardware specifically associated with it. I was using it to play music from SLX to my Schiit DAC with no problem before, but now I only see that DAC listed with Windows sound options including WASAPI which as we've discussed isn't a good solution for Hi-Res.

Anyone have an idea on how to get ASIO4ALL in the list again?
    Last edited by left channel; 2021-04-18 at 19:49.

Further confirmation: if I plug in a DAC that comes with an ASIO driver, then that ASIO option appears in SLX. Tested with Pro-Ject and NuPrime DACs, playing music ranging from 16/44.1 to 24/192, but I do not normally use those DACs with my office PC.

The problem with ASIO4ALL may be that SLX does not see hardware specifically associated with it. I was using it to play music from SLX to my Schiit DAC with no problem before, but now I only see that DAC listed with Windows sound options including WASAPI which as we've discussed doesn't play Hi-Res.

Anyone have an idea on how to get ASIO4ALL in the list again?
    Thanks. I use a cheap Topping DAC with an upgraded power supply. Does the ASIO driver only work with USB connection? Or is it an add-on software implementation? I use optical out from a USB to optical converter. I don't see an ASIO option in the sound settings with the converter. The Topping DAC is limited to 16/44.1 over USB but not over spdif.

I found a clunkier solution compared to SLX for hires exclusive mode, using Plex web mode to the Plex Media Player. It functions pretty well but compared to the LMS/SLX with the material skin, it isn't as good of an experience. I should probably upgrade my DAC, although it would be to add more functions like ASIO, hires USB, and DSD. I am plenty happy with the sound quality.

Thanks. I use a cheap Topping DAC with an upgraded power supply. Does the ASIO driver only work with USB connection? Or is it an add-on software implementation? I use optical out from a USB to optical converter. I don't see an ASIO option in the sound settings with the converter. The Topping DAC is limited to 16/44.1 over USB but not over spdif.

I found a clunkier solution compared to SLX for hires exclusive mode, using Plex web mode to the Plex Media Player. It functions pretty well but compared to the LMS/SLX with the material skin, it isn't as good of an experience. I should probably upgrade my DAC, although it would be to add more functions like ASIO, hires USB, and DSD. I am plenty happy with the sound quality.
    Name:  asio4all-sr.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  26.6 KB

Eureka, ASIO4ALL started showing up in my SLX player list again after I installed an alternative, ASIO2WASAPI, which doesn't itself show up in SLX (although other players see it) but maybe it fixed ASIO4ALL for SLX. Or not. I have no idea.

To answer your question (or not), I use only USB, but ASIO is supposed to work with all sound devices. So if that converter is your sound device, then ASIO4ALL should find it and use it with no problem. But my desktop PC has no sound devices other than whatever USB DAC I plug in, so that's easy for me to say.

Suggestion for Improvement

Great App! I love it!

If I may wish one small improvement - a micro mode, a little like WinAMP in the old days, where it is no larger than let's 300x40 pixels or so. The idea is to have it always-on-top and to use it as a minimal remote control, to skip next, pause, volume control etc, but not have it obstructing much of the desktop.

Name:  Squeeze.png
Views: 104
Size:  14.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by todort View Post
    Great App! I love it!

If I may wish one small improvement - a micro mode, a little like WinAMP in the old days, where it is no larger than let's 300x40 pixels or so. The idea is to have it always-on-top and to use it as a minimal remote control, to skip next, pause, volume control etc, but not have it obstructing much of the desktop.

Name:  Squeeze.png
Views: 104
Size:  14.4 KB
    Already implemented, click fourth button from top right.

Name:  minimize.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  25.5 KB

Name:  default.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  20.2 KB
    Last edited by kidstypike; 2021-04-19 at 09:40.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 7.0.1/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi