Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Heck of a time getting Spotty to work via iPeng

I'm running PicorePlayer LMS on Raspberry Pi. controlling SB Touch via iPeng. I've been getting failed to get access token. I've tried numerous times to use web control and make sure it's got my account info. Play Spottify on iPhone and connect to SB Touch and PicorePlayer. Nothing seems to work. Help!
    Last edited by shacky73; 2022-08-01 at 15:23. Reason: delete

Quote Originally Posted by shacky73 View Post
    Just got it working. Seems I had to disconnect Touch from Picoreplayer lms.
    Odd. What do you have the Touch connected to now as a server? Just as an info item, I run LMS on an rPi, using piCorePlayer, use iPeng to control everything, including my TOUCH, and I use the Spotty app in LMS. So it *can* work.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Just got it working. Was loose nut in front of computer

Just got it working. Was loose nut in front of computer
    My dad was an auto/truck mechanic. He used to always talk about the "loose nut between the seat and the steering wheel".
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

I figured out problem. I have LMS running on my laptop and Raspberry Pi. When touch is connected to Pi I can’t get Spotty - doesn’t even show up. When connected to laptop Spotty works fine.

Have some more Fixin’ to do.

I figured out problem. I have LMS running on my laptop and Raspberry Pi. When touch is connected to Pi I can’t get Spotty - doesn’t even show up. When connected to laptop Spotty works fine.

Have some more Fixin’ to do.
    I unfortunately don't have any suggestions, but something is not right. I use iPeng to control my squeezeboxes, including a TOUCH, and LMS is running on an rPi (running piCorePlayer). So it *can* work.

Just to be clear, when you say the Touch is "connected" to rPi. You don't mean physically connected (e.g., via USB port). I assume you mean that the Touch is connected to your network (as is the rPi), and you've told the Touch to connect to the LMS server running on the rPi. Correct?

Yes via WiFi

Yes via WiFi
    And you're sure that the iPeng phone and the rPi are on the same WIFI network. For example, you haven't accidentally connected one to the guest WIFI.