Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 166 of 192 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1918
    FWIW, I tested on a laptop (vs. my desktop with GigEth) with WiFi connection on same subnet (going through the same switch but via an Access Point) and it doesn't hang. log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/DtwyKbZ9p8/

Same laptop with Ethernet (vs. WiFi) hangs at the same point, 2'54... log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/K9yh62HY9V/

So it points to a networking related issue, but specific to squeezelite, as it works on squeezeplay.

I'm now getting listening nausea playing this same track repeatedly ahaha :-)

Moving the lost mp3 sync discussion to the squeezelite thread.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Version 2.7.0

Just submitted version 2.7.0 to the MS Store, so should take a couple days to publish.

Changes:

• Squeezelite-X will now mimic its own colors according to the selected skin and skin colors.
    • Fix bug where on first run, if a server is not discovered, SLX would try to connect with no server specified.

R Greg Dawson

Color mimic examples:

Name:  SLX_Light_1.PNG
Views: 177
Size:  144.8 KB Name:  SLX_Light_2.PNG
Views: 174
Size:  25.3 KB

Name:  SLX_Black_1.PNG
Views: 175
Size:  145.6 KB Name:  SLX_Black_2.PNG
Views: 174
Size:  23.8 KB
    Squeezelite-X

Greg, with respect to mp3s stopping for 30s, I found a workaround in ralphy’s squeezelite thread by forcing buffer size, however I’m not able to achieve the same result with SLX. Is the following supposed to accept the buffer size command? It doesn’t work on my PC whereas it works if I launch squeezelite standalone. I don't know if the problem is that SLX doesn't read the "-b 1400:1400" arguments or if the problem is that SLX uses a different version of squeezelite than the one I tested standalone.

Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Squeezelite-X\SqueezeliteX.exe" -b 1400:1400

Quote Originally Posted by mcoste View Post
    Greg, with respect to mp3s stopping for 30s, I found a workaround in ralphy’s squeezelite thread by forcing buffer size, however I’m not able to achieve the same result with SLX. Is the following supposed to accept the buffer size command? It doesn’t work on my PC whereas it works if I launch squeezelite standalone. I don't know if the problem is that SLX doesn't read the "-b 1400:1400" arguments or if the problem is that SLX uses a different version of squeezelite than the one I tested standalone.

Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Squeezelite-X\SqueezeliteX.exe" -b 1400:1400
    SLX will definitely allow you to enter that command and will pass it on the command line to squeezelite.exe.

Name:  SLX buffer setting.PNG
Views: 170
Size:  6.9 KB

Unless there is something else going on, not sure why it would not work.

--Greg
    Squeezelite-X

Well, you solved my problem by adding a screenshot :-) I was trying from the command line rather than adding the argument through the app GUI as shown above.
    The argument is now passed to SLX, however it made me realize that -b 1400:1400 isn't solving my problem, it just solved it for the one mp3 I had been using as a reference - I'll report in the squeezelite thread.
    Thanks Greg

Quote Originally Posted by tw99 View Post
    Apologies if this issue has been discussed previously. I'm using Squeezelite-x with the local player enabled.

I find that quite often when Windows comes out of Sleep mode, that Squeezelite-x ends up by default controlling one of my other players. So when I hit play, the music starts somewhere else, and I have to swear a bit, and change it to control the Squeezelite-x player first.

In the Squeezelite-X settings, local player is enabled and the default player is selected as the local player name.

Any ideas ?
    @rgdawson do you have any thoughts on this ?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tw99 View Post
    @rgdawson do you have any thoughts on this ?
    Thanks
    Same request here. I would like to be able to choose a player and for that player to remain selected until I, (me personally) decide to control another player.

Fed up of seeing selected any of the other 3 players I have currently on the network, but hardly ever the one I have previously selected to control.

I use the Material skin and realize this may not be wholly an SQ-X problem.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/AlloBoss DAC HAT/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    SQ-X
    No, no, no. You cannot just come up with new abbreviations. This will result in chaos.

CHAOS, I SAY!

Ah. That was fun.
    QLMS 8.2@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Same request here. I would like to be able to choose a player and for that player to remain selected until I, (me personally) decide to control another player.

Fed up of seeing selected any of the other 3 players I have currently on the network, but hardly ever the one I have previously selected to control.

I use the Material skin and realize this may not be wholly an SQ-X problem.
    Thanks for asking. Yes, there is some skin behavior that SLX has to account for. However, SLX is supposed to remember the play between sleep and wake and make sure that you wake with the same player. It works fine for me, so I thought all was well. But I did find something in the code that could possible cause SLX to forget. I have fixed it here so it will be in the next version (Next week or so).

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X