Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    581

    PcP 5.x Zero with hifibery intermidiate stopping squeezelite

    I got lost in the PcP 5.x thread were i posted a problem with a Pi-zero with hifiberry dac https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post944736
    So this is the original post https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post943759

    Today again player disappeared. When looking at PcP the dac is still visible and PcP also say's that squeezelite is running but when i restart Squeezelite it gives an error. Only way to get it running is by rebooting the pi.
    So that's what i did for now. What would be the next step when the failure happens again?
    Last edited by edwin2006; 2019-07-26 at 01:00.
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    I got lost in the PcP 5.x thread were i posted a problem with a Pi-zero with hifiberry dac https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post944736
    So this is the original post https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post943759

    Today again player disappeared. When looking at PcP the dac is still visible and PcP also say's that squeezelite is running but when i restart Squeezelite it gives an error. Only way to get it running is by rebooting the pi.
    So that's what i did for now. What would be the next step when the failure happens again?
    Can you log in to your pi over SSH when it disappears?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    581
    I'm not 100% sure but I thought I could. Next time it happens I'll try.
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

  4. #4
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,173
    I would ssh in and then try to restart squeezelite from command line

    sudo /usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite restart

    See what it says from command line.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    581
    I will try as soon I've got the problem but it could take some time before this happens.
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    I will try as soon I've got the problem but it could take some time before this happens.
    If SSH connection fails, try just 'PINGing' the Pi if you know it's IP address or hostname, sometimes my PiZero will freeze, no SSH access but I'm still able to PING it so it still has network access.

    It doesn't happen often, if it did I may look into the hardware watchdog for some sort of auto-reboot when this happens.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHypnoToad View Post
    If SSH connection fails, try just 'PINGing' the Pi if you know it's IP address or hostname, sometimes my PiZero will freeze, no SSH access but I'm still able to PING it so it still has network access.

    It doesn't happen often, if it did I may look into the hardware watchdog for some sort of auto-reboot when this happens.
    If it's I visible to lms I'm still able to access pcp GUI, so it should be pingable also. So it looks like it's just Squeezelite that has been has stopped. Will try SSH next time.
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

  8. #8
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    If it's I visible to lms I'm still able to access pcp GUI, so it should be pingable also. So it looks like it's just Squeezelite that has been has stopped. Will try SSH next time.
    If it's visibly to lms, then squeezelite is still running. However, if you stop squeezlite from playing, it will close the alsa output device. So if the device disappears after stopping, squeezelite will keep running. When you try to restart squeezelite it is likely not seeing the required output device, and thus not starting. Starting squeezelite from a ssh command line should see the whole error message.

    So likely the board is disappearing from the system. You might also look at dmesg to see if something is in there. Otherwise, it's likely a hardware connection issue. Perhaps a pin with poor connection on the board.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    581
    I meant invisible but auto correct changed it in I visible
    And how do I look for dmesg?
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

  10. #10
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,173
    Just type dmesg from command line.

    Itĺs also on one of the diagnostics pages
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •