Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "monetary loss"? Is there a slot to put a quarter in?

Seriously, my suggestion would be to disconnect all players except for the classic and see if that resolves the problem. I had a similar issue with my hardwired Squeezebox when it was synced to a wireless piCoreplayer. I disconnected the piCore and the momentary stalling issue went away. Then I had to troubleshoot the piCoreplayer which turned out to be an issue with my bridge.
    Last edited by stereoptic; 2018-01-17 at 09:05.

Quote Originally Posted by stereoptic View Post
    "monetary loss"? Is there a slot to put a quarter in?

Seriously, my suggestion would be to disconnect all players except for the classic and see if that resolves the problem. I had a similar issue with my hardwired Squeezebox when it was synced to a wireless piCoreplayer. I disconnected the piCore and the momentary stalling issue went away. Then I had to troubleshoot the piCoreplayer which turned out to be an issue with my bridge.
    I have tried moving the picore server directly to the Router - connected by Ethernet cable. The SqBox Classic Display has not flickered since.

I can leave the server in this position (the beauty of this size of server), but this would point towards some lag on the Network, probably due to network switches.

I have not had any other Audio dropouts, though not had a chance to fully load up and test.

Ref CPU getting loaded up - what are the options for seeing / monitoring this? I assume not on the web interface?

Thanks for your help...

Quote Originally Posted by wl1 View Post
    Ref CPU getting loaded up - what are the options for seeing / monitoring this? I assume not on the web interface?
    You can login via ssh and type
    and watch it dynamically update
    type "q" (without quotes) to quit back to command line.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Thanks - I’ll give that a go....