Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    If I look at the Synology I see LMS is running as "admin"
    ps -ef |grep slimserver
    admin 9445 1 2 10:37 ? 00:01:46 /usr/bin/perl /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/slimserver.pl --daemon ......

The "admin" userid had previously been disabled (per security recommendations) but I had recently re-enabled it for some test - so it is enabled. I tried disabling/rebooting/rescanning, reenable/reboot/rescan but I still can't get the Playlists to work. I can't remember under which userid I had installed the original copy of LMS, or this re-installed copy, but it may have been under my own userid (which is an administrator). I may try a re-install as "admin"

Even the new playlists I create via the web UI, they get created, and saved. But after a rescan the contents disappear.

I turned on debug for all the scan options, and didn't see any permission issues.

I did see the following "changing of content-type" for all the playlists - including the newly created one. I'm not sure if that's related.

Code:
    [20-06-30 11:26:19.8931] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::updateProgress (466) Notify to server OK
    [20-06-30 11:26:19.8942] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::new (905) Handling new playlist file:///volume1/Music/My%20Playlists%20(NAS)/testA.m3u
    [20-06-30 11:26:19.8987] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::scanPlaylistFileHandle (1201) Will scan file:///volume1/Music/My%20Playlists%20(NAS)/testA.m3u, base: file:///volume1/Music/My%20Playlists%20(NAS)
    [20-06-30 11:26:19.9013] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::scanPlaylistFileHandle (1252) Playlist item file:///volume1/Music/My%20Playlists%20(NAS)/testA.m3u changed from m3um3u8 to ssp content-type
    [20-06-30 11:26:19.9029] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::scanPlaylistFileHandle (1277) Found 0 items in playlist: 
    [20-06-30 11:26:19.9045] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::updateProgress (442) Notify to server: [
      "progress:1593480379.25075||importer||/volume1/Music/My Playlists (NAS)|playlist_new||20||27||",
    ]
    I've checked the folder/file permissions - they're all admin/user and the enabled admin userid is part of the user (and administrators) groups.

Any suggestions for any debug steps?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhazy View Post
    I turned on debug for all the scan options, and didn't see any permission issues.
    I don't think you would see any if LMS hasn't read access to that file. It would just appear empty.

I'd recommend setting the permissions to the lowest security setting possible and see if it works.
    QLMS 8.0.0@2.20 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    I don't think you would see any if LMS hasn't read access to that file. It would just appear empty.

I'd recommend setting the permissions to the lowest security setting possible and see if it works.
    Cheers - but I'm not sure how much lower than can go.

LMS is running as user admin (which is enabled)
    Code:
    admin    15862     1  1 Jun30 ?        00:19:48 /usr/bin/perl /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/slimserver.pl --daemon --pidfile /volume1 <<snip>>
    Playlist directory/file settings all seem to allow all users
    Code:
    drwxrwxrwx+ 1 admin users     26 Jul  1 08:38 My Playlists (admin)

-rwxrwxrwx+ 1 admin users   212 Jul  1 09:14 FromLMS.m3u
    Contents of Playlist that was created by LMS, and now appears as 'empty' after a rescan
    Code:
    #CURTRACK 0
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTURL:file:///volume1/Music/Fugees/The%20Score/08%20Fugees%20-%20Killing%20Me%20Softly.mp3
    #EXTINF:283,Killing Me Softly
    /volume1/Music/Fugees/The Score/08 Fugees - Killing Me Softly.mp3
    And the actual music file
    Code:
    -rwxrwxrwx+ 1 admin users 3991552 Mar 22  2015 08 Fugees - Killing Me Softly.mp3

/volume1/Music/Fugees/The Score/08 Fugees - Killing Me Softly.mp3
    If anyone can spot which permission may be wrong - thank you.
    I'm tempted to do a fresh install as "admin" just in case something's got screwed up - but I just can't work out what's changed.

Cheers.

I'm tempted to do a fresh install as "admin" just in case something's got screwed up - but I just can't work out what's changed.
    Maybe that's the fastest way to success in this case.

Well, I did an uninstall and a re-install and everything now works as it did before.
    All my old playlists work, the new ones that I'd created through all the testing also work.

I'm not entirely sure what I'd done to stuff it up, but I'm putting it down to a re-install I'd done a couple of weeks ago.

For what it's worth - with this install I've:
    - logged into NAS as builtin "admin" administrator userid
    - installed/configured LMSUpdate v8 package
    - disabled builtin "admin" userid.

Rebooted NAS and done full-rescan in LMS just to check.
    Even with "admin" user disabled, LMS runs as "admin" and can still access all music and playlist contents.

At least I've got a clean LMS installed again!

At least I've got a clean LMS installed again!
    Hold the phone!

After I reinstalled all the Plugins - my playlists turned up empty again!

Stepping through installing individual plugins, and rescanning the music library I found the playlists would 'disappear' when I installed the "PlayHLS" plugin.
    (I can uninstall, rescan and the playlist contents reappear. Install/rescan the playlists show as 'empty')

I'll track down on the PlayHLS thread to ensure I've got the latest version, and see if there is an issue.

Hold the phone!

After I reinstalled all the Plugins - my playlists turned up empty again!

Stepping through installing individual plugins, and rescanning the music library I found the playlists would 'disappear' when I installed the "PlayHLS" plugin.
    (I can uninstall, rescan and the playlist contents reappear. Install/rescan the playlists show as 'empty')

I'll track down on the PlayHLS thread to ensure I've got the latest version, and see if there is an issue.
    Which PlayHLS plugin? Version 1 or 2?. If it is version 1 it might be worth trying 2 instead.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

the playlists would 'disappear' when I installed the "PlayHLS" plugin.
    I never would have guessed that.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Which PlayHLS plugin? Version 1 or 2?. If it is version 1 it might be worth trying 2 instead.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I'm using V2.7

HLS streams sometimes use m3u extension and MIME types so m3u and m3u8 are ambiguous and have to be read to determine if it is a m3u playlist or a HLS playlist.

The plugin works OK for new playlist but something breakdown when Scanner gets involved.

I can reproduce the problem but I cannot see why Plugin playlist parser is not being found by Scanner leading to the "unknown" log messages