Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

Tagging - ID3v2.4 vs. 2.2 : causing issues

With the Kurt Vile LP album "b'lieve i'm goin (deep) down", you get a digital download code for 320kbps MP3. I downloaded this today and am having a problem because of the tags.

The main album (tracks 1-12) has tracks tagged via ID3v2.4.0. The "bonus" 6 tracks are encoded with ID3v2.2.0. But because of the two different ID3 tag formats, LMS and Plex splits this up into two albums, even though the track numbers are correct. I want the album to be a single album tracks 1-18. Oddly, iTunes shows it correct, a single album.

I use Metadatatics for my tag editor. Anyway to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    Hi
    both versions are bad. not my favour.

ID3v2.3 supports UTF-8 and UTF-16.
    The Files in my library uses always the same 2.3 UTF-8 Tags.

I dont knew your Tag Tool
    Same here, only ID3v2.3 UTF-8 for MP3-files. MP3TAG works under Wine on MacOS X (https://www.mp3tag.de/en/mac-osx.html) and should be helpful in resolving your issue, as you can set it to write and remove only specific versions of ID3-tags.
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear
    Car: TBC ...

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    Hi
    both versions are bad. not my favour.

ID3v2.3 supports UTF-8 and UTF-16.
    The Files in my library uses always the same 2.3 UTF-8 Tags.

I dont knew your Tag Tool
    Quote Originally Posted by bakker_be View Post
    Same here, only ID3v2.3 UTF-8 for MP3-files. MP3TAG works under Wine on MacOS X (https://www.mp3tag.de/en/mac-osx.html) and should be helpful in resolving your issue, as you can set it to write and remove only specific versions of ID3-tags.
    Thanks! Got it fixed by using MP3tag + Wine on my Mac. I had moved onto Metadatics, but had to 'dig out' MP3tag to get this sorted.