Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Radio not working on battery

One of my Radios has suddenly decided to stop working on battery. On startup it shows the Logitech symbol then shuts down. If I hold my finger on the power button the Logitech symbol is displayed until I release the button. If powered by mains the battery appears to be charging and reports normal voltages but unplugging the mains causes it to shut down.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Battery packs can fail like this. I assume you don't have the luxury of a spare to check if it's the battery pack or the charging/detection circuits?

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    Battery packs can fail like this. I assume you don't have the luxury of a spare to check if it's the battery pack or the charging/detection circuits?

I do have a second Radio with a battery so I could swap. Strangely after charging for a while it has started working again. I'll keep an eye on it. If there is a fault I would prefer it to be the battery. A cell could have gone down but the battery monitor voltages look normal.

It is possible it was left on yesterday and exhausted the battery.
    Last edited by slartibartfast; 2018-01-07 at 04:16.

The voltages could look normal until it's under load, at which point the dead cell will crash very quickly. Yeah, swap the battery over is a worthwhile experiment.

How are you obtaining the battery voltages by the way?

--
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

I periodically play my Radios on battery until they stop and then recharge them.

I have found that they recharge more quickly whilst in use.

Ronnie

The voltages could look normal until it's under load, at which point the dead cell will crash very quickly. Yeah, swap the battery over is a worthwhile experiment.

Battery voltages courtesy of Advanced settings-diagnostics-power. I still have a suspicion that I left it on yesterday and flattened the battery. I left the bathroom window open as well.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Battery voltages courtesy of Advanced settings-diagnostics-power. I still have a suspicion that I left it on yesterday and flattened the battery. I left the bathroom window open as well.

any 'ammers on the floor, boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    any 'ammers on the floor, boss?
    No, just b****y cold.

I recently investigated the playing time of this Radio on battery based on the times reported in the "What was that tune" app and found I was only getting 3 hours 20 minutes. New HQRP battery ordered.