Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not sure where to start :(

I have had my SqueezeBox device leveraging LMS for a while. I recently switched computers and I have not been able to get operational since that point. Now I have gotten myself into a state where it will not scan any files. Also cannot seem to clear the server log. I have attached my logs.

Wondering if it is just time to go buy a Sonos
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well I wouldn't start from here (as the song goes)

I'm thinking Windows

Uninstall all that v7.5.5 stuff, including the bits that you have to do manually

Download and install

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.9/sc/b3228c3/LogitechMediaServer-7.9.1-1515216179.exe

Right click on the .exe and install as Administrator, you may need to add some Microsoft Run time stuff.

Next Problem

Thanks for the response. Always appreciate the amount of community involvement.

So I uninstalled older versions, and installed the new version, and now I am back to the problem I was having before. My squeezebox just shuts down while playing a song and cycles back on, reconnecting, etc.. The server log, attached, does not seem to capture anything at the specific time stamp.

I was thinking that it was a network thing, but now I am thinking my device may just have gone bad. However, the issue started when I got a new computer, so that would be highly coincidental.

What should I try next?

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by jonblauch View Post
    Thanks for the response. Always appreciate the amount of community involvement.

So I uninstalled older versions, and installed the new version, and now I am back to the problem I was having before. My squeezebox just shuts down while playing a song and cycles back on, reconnecting, etc.. The server log, attached, does not seem to capture anything at the specific time stamp.

I was thinking that it was a network thing, but now I am thinking my device may just have gone bad. However, the issue started when I got a new computer, so that would be highly coincidental.

What should I try next?

Thanks
    What kind of squeezebox is this ? If it shuts down and cycles on it’s not the server .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    What kind of squeezebox is this ? If it shuts down and cycles on it’s not the server .
    Slim Devices. Squeezebox v3. I updated the firmware.

This is what shows on the information tab of Logitech Media server Control Panel
    Squeezebox Classic
    Player Model: Squeezebox Classic
    Player Type: squeezebox2
    Firmware: 137

The fact my issues started when I got a new PC leave me a bit skeptical that it is the hardware. But coincidences do happen.

If the player does a complete restart, with "splash screen" and everything that would suggest some kind of hardware problem rater than server or network problem.
    The power supplies often fail with age and sometimes cause restarts. WiFi boards may also cause erratic behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by alfista View Post
    If the player does a complete restart, with "splash screen" and everything that would suggest some kind of hardware problem rater than server or network problem.
    The power supplies often fail with age and sometimes cause restarts. WiFi boards may also cause erratic behaviour.
    Also the power connector at the back may become loose , this PC is it close to SB3 did you move or touch your SB3 ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

martin@gregorie.org

Not sure where to start :(

On Sun, 2018-01-07 at 01:25 +0000, jonblauch wrote:
    > However, the issue started when I got
    > a new computer, so that would be highly coincidental.
    >

Are you sure your music files were correctly installed on the new
    computer? The log shows:

- refusals to handle files because DRM: are the access
    permissions and file ownership correct on these files?

- play lists pointing to missing music files.

> What should I try next?
    >

Try fixing those problems before rescanning.

If you still have old computer laying around with LMS on it, try connecting SB to that LMS. If that works fine then you know it's something on new computer.

Quote Originally Posted by alfista View Post
    All signals seem to point to this conclusion. If that is the case, given the product is discontinued, what are people doing? Buying used stuff on Ebay, or taking a jump to another platform ( aka Sonos)?