Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    We are actually quite lucky that logitech still keeps mysqueezebox.com online.

Agreed. This is certainly NOT an instance where a lawsuit would be advisable. I'm thankful that they are keeping MySB up and running, although I only use streaming services about 4-5 times per year. I just find Pandora, Slacker, etc to be extremely disappointing. Despite the claim of "advanced algorithms," they rarely can play music that interests me based upon a seed track. Then again, I am a cheap sonofagun and refuse to subscribe to any of them (mainly, because of the fail rate of the "advanced algorithms"), so I maintain a multi-terabyte collection of music that I listen to. Spicefly is about all I need to stay happy. That, and a couple of Tunein stations that I listen to.

Still .. I would love to have the options back for that rare occasion.
    Last edited by NFLnut; 2018-01-03 at 16:20.

Quote Originally Posted by DanSmedra View Post
    On the other hand, I did see that Logitech has totally discontinued their line of Internet radios and this might truly be the end of the road.
    It has been at least 3 years since they last sold UE Radios that could be converted to squeezebox radios. It's been long speculated that once the warranties expired on all the hardware, mysqueezebox.com could be retired.

Quote Originally Posted by isoartoo View Post
    Called Logitech Squeezebox Customer Support and they said as of today, Pandora is no longer supported on Squeezebox radios...said they do not know if it is permanent but they are getting alot of complaint calls about it (ya think?!). Anybody want to start a class-action lawsuit?

I think the person you talked to is misinformed. My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that Pandora and Slacker have not been "supported" on LMS for some time now. They have just continued to work. Something however has certainly changed in the last day or two. Coincidental that it was 3 days into the New Year?

...worst case scenario, what options are there?

I've been using these units for over a decade, and in particular been streaming Pandora in my home through a set of players regularly for the last few years. In the event that the Pandora functionality is lost, how is the Spotify support these days? I've been reading about Spotty but not sure how reliable it is - really, I'll drop Pandora like a hot potato unless I can stream it over my Boxen.

Quote Originally Posted by isoartoo View Post
    Called Logitech Squeezebox Customer Support and they said as of today, Pandora is no longer supported on Squeezebox radios...said they do not know if it is permanent but they are getting alot of complaint calls about it (ya think?!). Anybody want to start a class-action lawsuit?
    Please don't - as said by others, we are lucky that it is still up and running. But if we start to yell and complain and call support, what do you think they'll do? I'd do the same, frankly, so let's be quiet and happy
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Michael's H. Support

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Why would you think Michael had moved on? His last post was yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    As far as I'm aware, Michael was the inside-knowledge "link" back into Logitech. As their employee, he was allowed to maintain and work on the app library. It was never clear whether that was on company or his personal time. He was never clear on his relationship with Logitech and never answered questions as to executive management's decisions to jettison Squeezebox and let it die rather than sell the patents and manufacturing rights. It seems lots of people have been blindsided by this.

It's the first week of the new year, so I'm sure more 'official' information will be forthcoming, particularly from those who have some financial vested interest with derivative software products, e.g. pippin.
    Last edited by DanSmedra; 2018-01-03 at 16:32.
    Source: TIDAL HiFi, Pandora One > MySqueezebox.com using iPeng 9.2.1 app on iPhone6s/iPad
    Great Room: SB Touch(1) > AudioQuest TOS > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy 10' cables > 200w powered Martin Logan (ML) Purity speakers, SB Touch(2) >JVC 110w amp > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.
    Garage: SB Touch(3) > CullenCoax > Wyred mINT > Cullen Cables > ML Motion 12
    Carry Anywhere: TIDAL >iPhone 6s > Bose Mini BT speaker.
    Streaming Media: https://www.facebook.com/groups/535747176592597/

not really...

Name:  pand.JPG
Views: 279
Size:  32.6 KB

Ouch...!

Quote Originally Posted by wonton View Post
    It has been at least 3 years since they last sold UE Radios that could be converted to squeezebox radios. It's been long speculated that once the warranties expired on all the hardware, mysqueezebox.com could be retired.
    "The times they are a changing..."
    Last edited by DanSmedra; 2018-01-03 at 16:49.
    Source: TIDAL HiFi, Pandora One > MySqueezebox.com using iPeng 9.2.1 app on iPhone6s/iPad
    Great Room: SB Touch(1) > AudioQuest TOS > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy 10' cables > 200w powered Martin Logan (ML) Purity speakers, SB Touch(2) >JVC 110w amp > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.
    Garage: SB Touch(3) > CullenCoax > Wyred mINT > Cullen Cables > ML Motion 12
    Carry Anywhere: TIDAL >iPhone 6s > Bose Mini BT speaker.
    Streaming Media: https://www.facebook.com/groups/535747176592597/

Michael Herger is - per LinkedIn - a senior software engineer in - as of August 2017 - the Office of the CTO at Logitech: I ôreached outö

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Why would you think Michael had moved on? His last post was yesterday.
    FWIW: maintaining SB/MySB etc. hasn't been my main occupation for years, as you can imagine. Therefore I obviously have moved on to new challenges long ago - within Logitech ;-).

Thanks guys. Got the message. I guess we have an issue in our infrastructure, as I even got contacted by Slacker themselves (yes, some services still care about our common user base!). I'll look into this issue asap.
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo