Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Allo USBridge ALSA/USB issue

I was hoping someone might be able to assist with a Squeezelite issue I'm facing.

I have an Oppo BDP-105 as USB DAC being fed by an Allo USBridge. The OS is DietPi with Squeezelite v1.8.7-1007 installed.

The problem I'm having is that when the Oppo is restarted and the USBridge is not restarted, the ALSA USB DAC device doesn't reappear so Squeezelite reports this error:

Code:
    ALSA _snd_pcm_hw_open:1713 Invalid value for card
    [16:31:01.040296] output_thread:614 waiting for device hw:CARD=DAC,DEV=0 to return
    Is this related to Squeezelite, or should I be following up with DietPi and Allo?

Any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by badboygolf16v View Post
    I was hoping someone might be able to assist with a Squeezelite issue I'm facing.

I have an Oppo BDP-105 as USB DAC being fed by an Allo USBridge. The OS is DietPi with Squeezelite v1.8.7-1007 installed.

The problem I'm having is that when the Oppo is restarted and the USBridge is not restarted, the ALSA USB DAC device doesn't reappear so Squeezelite reports this error:

Code:
    ALSA _snd_pcm_hw_open:1713 Invalid value for card
    [16:31:01.040296] output_thread:614 waiting for device hw:CARD=DAC,DEV=0 to return
    Is this related to Squeezelite, or should I be following up with DietPi and Allo?

Any help appreciated.
    This is an alsa configuration issue in the OS. Usually then trying to override the order in which alsa loads the sound card drivers.

Try using the hw device number. You can get the correct card number using aplay.

$ aplay -l
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 1: DAC [USB Audio DAC], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Then start squeezelite using -o hw:1,0 instead of the device name -o hw:CARD=DAC,DEV=0 Make sure you don't have both on the command line.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Thanks for the reply Ralphy.

Unfortunately the Oppo doesn't show up at all using aplay -l once it has been rebooted and the USBridge has remained powered on.

I raised the issue with DietPi (https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/1363) who have said it's an issue with the Oppo.

I've now contacted Oppo.

Just in case anyone else has the same problem with a USBridge/DietPi install:

setting aotg.urb_fix=0 in /DietPi/uEnv.txt fixes it.