Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Radio acting up

Radio acting up

After a Christmas Eve playing music synced to my living room Touch, my kitchen Radio started acting up. I can control it through LMS, but when I select music through the unit itself, it doesn't actually start playing the new music, but stays playing the original tracks. The power button turns off the display, but music keeps playing for quite a while. My other Radio is working fine, so it doesn't seem to be a LMS issue (and yes, I have unsynchronized the players).
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Julf View Post
    After a Christmas Eve playing music synced to my living room Touch, my kitchen Radio started acting up. I can control it through LMS, but when I select music through the unit itself, it doesn't actually start playing the new music, but stays playing the original tracks. The power button turns off the display, but music keeps playing for quite a while. My other Radio is working fine, so it doesn't seem to be a LMS issue (and yes, I have unsynchronized the players).
    Settings > Choose Player, is the Radio actually controlling itself?

Name:  pic25-12-2017-14.58.41.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  26.6 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Pi3B+/pCP 3.5.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 3.5.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP 3.5.0 > HiFiBerry AMP+/retro radio
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 3.5.0 > Edifier R980T
    In car - RPi3B/pCP in AP mode > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's audio (files on a 2TB USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 1xBoom

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Settings > Choose Player, is the Radio actually controlling itself?
    Duuuuhhhhhh!!! Thanks!
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Julf View Post
    Duuuuhhhhhh!!! Thanks!
    Ha Ha, I think we've all done it
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Pi3B+/pCP 3.5.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 3.5.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP 3.5.0 > HiFiBerry AMP+/retro radio
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 3.5.0 > Edifier R980T
    In car - RPi3B/pCP in AP mode > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's audio (files on a 2TB USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 1xBoom

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Ha Ha, I think we've all done it

Guess I would have noticed if I had started hearing music from the living room, but the amp was off.

Now how the heck do I explain to my wife what was wrong? "The display and keys in the kitchen were really operating the player in the living room. You see there is this feature..."

One idea to implement is to have different background pictures for every player it can control .
    Yes you can change the background picture in every “controller state” so that you can have different background.
    Probably a leftover from the controller software .

Prefrebly a mini version of the art you use on that player ( if it has one like a Touch or another radio ).

I did this a lot when I used my squeezebox controller way back , it then was obvious from across the room which player you’d selected .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html