Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eisbaer2 View Post
    Yes I pressed the Power on Button, Followed by Power off later.
    You're not being forthcoming with information. I feel I have to drag this information from you. Logs only have meaning when context and activities are fully described.

You said SBR froze last night but you have not said when you discovered it was frozen, nor did you mention you did Power on and Power off.

When you did Power on - was it using Power button or with a preset button ?

When you did Power on - was Radio frozen or working correctly ? Did it play audio or did power off so quickly the SBR did not have a chance ?

Asked before but not answered - Why do you repeatedly do "tail -f" command - there should be only one at the start ?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    You're not being forthcoming with information. I feel I have to drag this information from you. Logs only have meaning when context and activities are fully described.
    You said SBR froze last night but you have not said when you discovered it was frozen, nor did you mention you did Power on and Power off.
    When you did Power on - was it using Power button or with a preset button ?
    I'm sorry. I thought the decription in my first post is enough. It is always exactly like mentioned there (and it was also like that this morning):

I) Turn on the radio by pressing the favorites button on the internet radio station. (it doesn't matter if it is the last used station or another one).
    II) The logo of the last played radio station appears. More does not happen. No attempt of establishing a connection, no sound.
    III) If I switch to another station, nothing changes in the display. Only going to the menu
    and navigating there works.

When you did Power on - was Radio frozen or working correctly ? Did it play audio or did power off so quickly the SBR did not have a chance ?
    I pressed a favorite button at about 5:52 and the radio was frozen like mentioned above (II).

Asked before but not answered - Why do you repeatedly do "tail -f" command - there should be only one at the start ?
    Sorry, forgot to answer that. In the first minutes I wanted to copy some of the log file messages and made mistakes (I am no hardcore linux user ;-) and then putty showed no new information so I ended that via CTRL + C and started tail -f again. Had nothing to do with my strange SBR behaviour.
    Last edited by Eisbaer2; 2018-01-11 at 05:47.

I'm sorry. I thought the decription in my first post is enough. It is always exactly like mentioned there (and it was also like that this morning):

I) Turn on the radio by pressing the favorites button on the internet radio station. (it doesn't matter if it is the last used station or another one).
    II) The logo of the last played radio station appears. More does not happen. No attempt of establishing a connection, no sound.
    III) If I switch to another station, nothing changes in the display. Only going to the menu
    and navigating there works.
    Thanks. Sorry for not fuilly reading the thread but I came to the thread a bit late but I have also learned it is best not to assume user actions.

I pressed a favorite button at about 5:52 and the radio was frozen like mentioned above (II).
    Selected message from the Log - note the times
    Code:
    Jan 11 05:52:18 squeezeplay: INFO   squeezeplay - JiveMain.lua:207 Turn soft power on
    Jan 11 05:52:20 squeezeplay: INFO   audio.decode - Playback.lua:479 GET /swr/swr1/bw/mp3/128/stream.mp3?ar-distributor=f0a1 HTTP/1.0^M
    Jan 11 05:52:28 squeezeplay: INFO   squeezeplay - JiveMain.lua:200 Turn soft power off
    Jan 11 05:53:23 squeezeplay: WARN   applet.SlimBrowser - SlimBrowserApplet.lua:3084 notify_networkOrServerNotOK()
    Jan 11 05:53:23 squeezeplay: WARN   applet.SlimBrowser - SlimBrowserApplet.lua:3089 this is a server error
    Jan 11 05:53:23 squeezeplay: WARN   applet.SlimMenus - SlimMenusApplet.lua:188 notify_networkOrServerNotOK
    Jan 11 05:53:23 squeezeplay: INFO   applet.AlarmSnooze - AlarmSnoozeApplet.lua:379 notify_serverDisconnected: SlimServer {mysqueezebox.com} is now disconnected
    Jan 11 05:53:26 squeezeplay: INFO   net.comet - Comet.lua:644 Comet {Wolfgangs MP3s}: _handshake error: No route to host
    Jan 11 05:53:31 squeezeplay: ERROR  net.http - SocketHttp.lua:390 SocketHttp {Wolfgangs MP3s_Chunked}:t_sendRequest.pump: No route to host
    Jan 11 05:53:38 squeezeplay: ERROR  net.http - SocketHttp.lua:390 SocketHttp {Wolfgangs MP3s_Chunked}:t_sendRequest.pump: No route to host
    Jan 11 05:53:46 squeezeplay: ERROR  net.http - SocketHttp.lua:390 SocketHttp {Wolfgangs MP3s_Chunked}:t_sendRequest.pump: No route to host
    To help determine what other logging needs to be enabled - a guess has to be made at what is happening.

It looks like network routing (but not network interface) is down at 5:52:18. Attempt to play station is made at :5:52:20 would take maybe about 1 min to timeout but you hit Power Off at 5:52:28 (8 secs later) before timeout happen. Then one minute later at 5:53:23 SBR has determined connection to Server/mysqueezebox.com is not working - probably a timeout expired. After this a loop starts ("no route to host") which repeats every 5-8secs. I don't know SBR code well enough to know if this is right or not but it implies SBR is trying to recover.

I'll try to replicate the sequence on my SBR to see what should be in a "normal" log with / without mysqueezebox.com available.

IIRC the Alarm times within 24hrs are remembered in SB Boom, Touch and Radio in case connection to internet / server is lost. This means SBR will wake to an alarm even if not connected to a server/internet and play an internal backup music file if the requested audio is not available.
    Also check Alarm using the SBR menus when connecrted to LMS and also when connected mysqueezebox.com in case of discrepancy.
    Tested it all. No alarm was active/set.
    I've disabled all plugins on the LMS. Maybe that will change anything.

Tested it all. No alarm was active/set.
    I've disabled all plugins on the LMS. Maybe that will change anything.
    The SBR was connected to mysqeezebox.com late at night and also when you press power on - so I can't see LMS plugins having any effect as SBR was not in contact with LMS in between.

Do you have any applets installed on SBR (i.e. from Applet installer menu such as Album Flow, Settings Remover, Custom clock etc.) ?

The SBR was connected to mysqeezebox.com late at night and also when you press power on - so I can't see LMS plugins having any effect as SBR was not in contact with LMS in between.

Do you have any applets installed on SBR (i.e. from Applet installer menu such as Album Flow, Settings Remover, Custom clock etc.) ?
    Two are installed on SBR:
    - "Radio.de"
    - "Sound & Effekte"

Both are installed for more than six years. I just uninstalled both and watch...

Two are installed on SBR:
    - "Radio.de"
    - "Sound & Effekte"

Both are installed for more than six years. I just uninstalled both and watch...
    They are "apps" not "applets". They were installed using the App Gallery not via the Settings/Advanced/Applet Installer

Apps do not install any code in the SBR. Applets install code in the SBR.

No freeze this morning

I tried to reproduce your log by disconnected internet link at modem so leaving local LAN/Wifi operational.
    The log difference shows that when you wake up your SBR to play a stream - it has been disconnected from my your LMS servers (Wolfgangs_MP3s) and mysqueezebox.com. The error "no route to source" may be because NAS is asleep. SBT logs multiple errors trying to connected to LMS. SBR makes connection to mysqueezebox.com after about 1 mins after initial "Power on".

The "frozen" seems to be the result of some sort of network issue. I think SBR is "frozen" because it is waiting while trying to set up communication with mysqeezebox.com.

When you say SBR is frozen - how long did you wait before doing other tasks to get SBR "working" ?

When in a frozen state - if you wait more than 1 mins and then press Preset button again - does SBR work ?

The issues is to determine if the problem connecting to mysqueezebox.com is a network issue between router and ISP or a network issue inside SBR ?

Comparing similar logs message:
    your log
    Code:
    Jan 11 05:53:26 squeezeplay: ERROR  net.http - SocketHttp.lua:390 SocketHttp {Wolfgangs MP3s_Chunked}:t_sendRequest.pump: No route to host
    Jan 11 05:53:26 squeezeplay: stack traceback:
    Jan 11 05:53:26 squeezeplay: /usr/share/jive/jive/net/SocketHttp.lua:390: in function 'pump'
    Jan 11 05:53:26 squeezeplay: /usr/share/jive/jive/net/SocketTcp.lua:200: in function 'writePump'
    Jan 11 05:53:26 squeezeplay: /usr/share/jive/jive/net/Socket.lua:186: in function </usr/share/jive/jive/net/Socket.lua:184>
    Jan 11 05:53:26 squeezeplay: INFO   net.comet - Comet.lua:644 [colorComet {Wolfgangs MP3s}: _handshake error: No route to host
    Jan 11 05:53:26 squeezeplay: INFO   net.comet - Comet.lua:1006 Comet {Wolfgangs MP3s}: handleAdvice state=CONNECTING
    Jan 11 05:53:26 squeezeplay: INFO   squeezebox.server - SlimServer.lua:789 disconnected Wolfgangs MP3s idleTimeoutTriggered: nil
    Jan 11 05:53:26 squeezeplay: INFO   applet.AlarmSnooze - AlarmSnoozeApplet.lua:379 notify_serverDisconnected: SlimServer {Wolfgangs MP3s} is now disconnected
    Jan 11 05:53:26 squeezeplay: WARN   applet.AlarmSnooze - AlarmSnoozeApplet.lua:392 notify_serverDisconnected: SlimServer {Wolfgangs MP3s} - disconnected, but no server alarm in progress : nil
    Jan 11 05:53:26 squeezeplay: INFO   net.comet - Comet.lua:1047 Comet {Wolfgangs MP3s}: advice is retry, connect in 2.06 seconds
    Jan 11 05:53:27 squeezeplay: INFO   squeezebox.server - SlimServer.lua:765 connected mysqueezebox.com
    Jan 11 05:53:27 squeezeplay: INFO   applet.AlarmSnooze - AlarmSnoozeApplet.lua:360 notify_serverConnected: SlimServer {mysqueezebox.com} is now connected
    My log
    Code:
    Jan 12 01:45:39 squeezeplay: ERROR  net.http - SocketHttp.lua:375 SocketHttp {mysqueezebox.com_Chunked}:t_sendRequest.pump: inactivity timeout
    Jan 12 01:45:39 squeezeplay: stack traceback:
    Jan 12 01:45:39 squeezeplay: 	/usr/share/jive/jive/net/SocketHttp.lua:375: in function 'pump'
    Jan 12 01:45:39 squeezeplay: 	/usr/share/jive/jive/net/SocketTcp.lua:200: in function 'writePump'
    Jan 12 01:45:39 squeezeplay: 	/usr/share/jive/jive/net/Socket.lua:186: in function </usr/share/jive/jive/net/Socket.lua:184>
    Jan 12 01:45:39 squeezeplay: INFO   net.comet - Comet.lua:810 Comet {mysqueezebox.com}: _getEventSink error: inactivity timeout
    Jan 12 01:45:39 squeezeplay: INFO   net.comet - Comet.lua:1006 Comet {mysqueezebox.com}: handleAdvice state=CONNECTING
    Jan 12 01:45:39 squeezeplay: INFO   squeezebox.server - SlimServer.lua:789 disconnected mysqueezebox.com idleTimeoutTriggered: nil
    Jan 12 01:45:39 squeezeplay: INFO   applet.AlarmSnooze - AlarmSnoozeApplet.lua:379 notify_serverDisconnected: SlimServer {mysqueezebox.com} is now disconnected
    Jan 12 01:45:39 squeezeplay: WARN   applet.AlarmSnooze - AlarmSnoozeApplet.lua:392 notify_serverDisconnected: SlimServer {mysqueezebox.com} - disconnected, but no server alarm in progress : nil
    Jan 12 01:45:39 squeezeplay: INFO   net.comet - Comet.lua:1047 Comet {mysqueezebox.com}: advice is retry, connect in 4.459 seconds
    Jan 12 01:45:41 squeezeplay: WARN   net.thread - NetworkThread.lua:146 network thread timeout for Task(SocketTcp {SlimProto}(W))
    Jan 12 01:45:41 squeezeplay: INFO   net.slimproto - SlimProto.lua:769 connection error: inactivity timeout, reconnecting in 4.776 seconds
    Jan 12 01:45:49 squeezeplay: WARN   net.comet - Comet.lua:888 Comet {mysqueezebox.com}: _response, /meta/reconnect id=nil failed: invalid clientId
    Jan 12 01:45:49 squeezeplay: INFO   net.comet - Comet.lua:1006 Comet {mysqueezebox.com}: handleAdvice state=CONNECTING
    Jan 12 01:45:49 squeezeplay: INFO   squeezebox.server - SlimServer.lua:789 disconnected mysqueezebox.com idleTimeoutTriggered: nil
    Jan 12 01:45:49 squeezeplay: INFO   applet.AlarmSnooze - AlarmSnoozeApplet.lua:379 notify_serverDisconnected: SlimServer {mysqueezebox.com} is now disconnected
    Jan 12 01:45:49 squeezeplay: WARN   applet.AlarmSnooze - AlarmSnoozeApplet.lua:392 notify_serverDisconnected: SlimServer {mysqueezebox.com} - disconnected, but no server alarm in progress : nil
    Jan 12 01:45:49 squeezeplay: INFO   net.comet - Comet.lua:1047 Comet {mysqueezebox.com}: advice is handshake, connect in 0 seconds
    Jan 12 01:45:49 squeezeplay: INFO   net.slimproto - SlimProto.lua:592 connect to baby.squeezenetwork.com (54.246.73.168)
    Jan 12 01:45:49 squeezeplay: INFO   net.slimproto - SlimProto.lua:152 Send HELO: reconnect-bit=0 bytesReceived(H,L)=0,3333088
    Jan 12 01:45:49 squeezeplay: INFO   squeezebox.server - SlimServer.lua:765 connected mysqueezebox.com
    Jan 12 01:45:49 squeezeplay: INFO   applet.AlarmSnooze - AlarmSnoozeApplet.lua:360 notify_serverConnected: SlimServer {mysqueezebox.com} is now connected

I tried to reproduce your log [...] The "frozen" seems to be the result of some sort of network issue. I think SBR is "frozen" because it is waiting while trying to set up communication with mysqeezebox.com.
    Thanks again! The strange thing is that the SBR is *always* controllable via mysqeezebox.com and via the Squeeze Controller app (Android).

When you say SBR is frozen - how long did you wait before doing other tasks to get SBR "working" ?
    Differently. Usually when I notice the freeze (after switching on or after changing to another station) I immediately reboot my SBR. But not always.

When in a frozen state - if you wait more than 1 mins and then press Preset button again - does SBR work ?
    No. I can wait forever (ok, never tried that so far ;-). But even after hours in the frozen state there is no self-healing effect. Only chance to heal I found so far is to reboot.

The issues is to determine if the problem connecting to mysqueezebox.com is a network issue between router and ISP or a network issue inside SBR ?
    How can I determine that?
    After the next freezing I plan to connect my SBR to a LAN cable for several days and see if the problem still occurs. I only don't have LAN at the usual location of the SBR.

By the way: you mentioned to uninstall applets. I think no applets are installed.